Shearer gains his coaching A badge

Guest nufc 4 life

Guest nufc 4 life

for anyone that's interested.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/tm_headline=alan-shearer--%26method=full%26objectid=19201686%26siteid=89520-name_page.html

FORMER Newcastle striker Alan Shearer has qualified for his coaching badge after a whirlwind fast-track course with the Scottish FA. Shearer only started working for his A licence last summer.

Guest smoggeordie

for anyone that's interested.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/tm_headline=alan-shearer--%26method=full%26objectid=19201686%26siteid=89520-name_page.html

FORMER Newcastle striker Alan Shearer has qualified for his coaching badge after a whirlwind fast-track course with the Scottish FA. Shearer only started working for his A licence last summer.

Coaching

Happy days.

Guest Armchair Pundit

He'll be s**** as a manager. I guarantee he'll be no better (and probably worse) than Stuart Pearce.

You can't possibley guarantee such a stupid statement, unlike Pearce Big Al shone during his coaching training and has been touted as one of the finest to go through it. Shearer has a presence about him, knows his tactics and tbh I doubt it was a coincidence that we did better with him as Roeder's No2 than when Roeder was on his own. It does make me wonder sometimes why there's so many supposed Toon fans that (1) try and knock Shearer at every opportunity and (2) would love to see him fail. Sad really.

He'll be s**** as a manager. I guarantee he'll be no better (and probably worse) than Stuart Pearce.

You can't possibley guarantee such a stupid statement, unlike Pearce Big Al shone during his coaching training and has been touted as one of the finest to go through it. Shearer has a presence about him, knows his tactics and tbh I doubt it was a coincidence that we did better with him as Roeder's No2 than when Roeder was on his own. It does make me wonder sometimes why there's so many supposed Toon fans that (1) try and knock Shearer at every opportunity and (2) would love to see him fail. Sad really.

That does raise a good point actually, some fans claim Pearson must be shit because the team didn't do very well under Roeder. Does that mean Shearer must be an excellent coach as the team did a fantastic job when he was in that role?

Guest Morph

I'd like to know why people are assuming all these things.  If he does well then brilliant, if he fails then he fails.  Gutted to see that so many people think so little of him after what he's done for the club though.

Guest Armchair Pundit

Touted by who?  I've heard certain things with regards to Shearer's coaching ability, and they weren't good.  So I'd like to know who touted him.

There were a lot of quotes coming out of the FA and various other places a while ago, I'll try and dig out some for source reference. Where did you hear your rumours, out of curiosity?

Guest Armchair Pundit

I'd like to know why people are assuming all these things.  If he does well then brilliant, if he fails then he fails.  Gutted to see that so many people think so little of him after what he's done for the club though.

That's pretty much how I feel, I just don't understand why there's so many people that seem to dislike him so much - he's a fucking legend of our club for christ sake, amazing.

That does raise a good point actually, some fans claim Pearson must be shit because the team didn't do very well under Roeder. Does that mean Shearer must be an excellent coach as the team did a fantastic job when he was in that role?

IMO, it was no coincidence that Shola improved his game drastically towards the end of that season, when Shearer was behind the scenes and not alongside him.

Guest Knightrider

Good for him, I hope he takes a job at a decent club lower down the league and works his way to the top, I'm sure he'll stand a good chance of succeeding in whatever he does. Good luck to Al. I've heard he's going to spend a year or so touring around the world with Umbro and Macdonalds to help out with their various training camps and soccer schools during holidays etc, after his stint with the BBC. This will be invaluable to him as coaching kids and those who aren't blessed with the talent to make it in the game, will sharpen his perspective on the game, without a doubt.

Touted by who?  I've heard certain things with regards to Shearer's coaching ability, and they weren't good.  So I'd like to know who touted him.

There were a lot of quotes coming out of the FA and various other places a while ago, I'll try and dig out some for source reference. Where did you hear your rumours, out of curiosity?

An ITK on the site, not for one second regarding it as true or otherwise for the record, but merely what I "heard".  That was, he didn't believe he was the best coach around, so would surround himself by the best.

I've no opinion either way, was kind of why I wanted to know who touted him.

Guest posadageordie

I hope I never see his smug face at SJP again, we need to move on from the past and build a future, without him hanging round like a bad smell.

Guest Knightrider

Touted by who?

Just about every player and manager he's worked with, media pundit and the FA - all have said "he'll make a great manager" or "is ideal manager material". I know these things don't mean much but considering who he's played with, been managed by and worked with in the game, if all these people can see something in him he must have something that makes him stand out.

FWIW I think he'll be a good manager myself, certainly a good coach.

Guest posadageordie

Touted by who?

Just about every player and manager he's worked with, media pundit and the FA - all have said "he'll make a great manager" or "is ideal manager material". I know these things don't mean much but considering who he's played with, been managed by and worked with in the game, if all these people can see something in him he must have something that makes him stand out.

Fine, let him prove himself somewhere then - just anywhere except at Newcastle.

Touted by who?

Fair enough, if a little vague on who. I was more meaning those that had touted him as "one of the finest go through it". It being the whirlwind fastrack course. Not sure I'd trust anyone at the FA, though, if I'm being perfectly honest. They choose McClaren, remember.

Guest Knightrider

An interesting aside: The top managers all have one thing in common, they have meticulously managed their own lives like a robot and to great success; Mourinho, Sam Allardyce, Fergie, KK, Benitez, Wenger... Shearer has been managing his own life since he left Tyneside for Southampton. It isn't hard to see why these type of people enjoy success, because they are highly driven, self analytical (meaning they are constantly looking to improve), ambitious and more importantly confident in their abilities.

Guest Armchair Pundit

Touted by who?

Fair enough, if a little vague on who.  I was more meaning those that had touted him as "one of the finest go through it".  It being the whirlwind fastrack course.  Not sure I'd trust anyone at the FA, though, if I'm being perfectly honest.  They choose McClaren, remember.

Aye, good point. Still, I get the impression he's got what it takes and a sound football brain (if that helps). Admittedly though I guess I'd have to agree that it'd probably be better if he went to a lower league club and did well there before taking on a big job - it'd give him the chance to get on with it without the doubters being on his back from square one.

Guest posadageordie

An interesting aside: The top managers all have one thing in common, they have meticulously managed their own lives like a robot and to great success; Mourinho, Sam Allardyce, Fergie, KK, Benitez, Wenger... Shearer has been managing his own life since he left Tyneside for Southampton. It isn't hard to see why these type of people enjoy success, because they are highly driven, self analytical (meaning they are constantly looking to improve), ambitious and more importantly confident in their abilities.

If that's the criteria lets get Ant and Dec in, the new Clough and Taylor, and been managing their own lives since they were in Byker Grove at the age of 12.

Guest Knightrider

If that's the criteria lets get Ant and Dec in, the new Clough and Taylor, and been managing their own lives since they were in Byker Grove at the age of 12.

You kind of prove my point despite misreading what I'm getting at. In any walk of life those who manage their own lives well, will be a success whatever they do. In Ant & Dec's case that happens to be in Television, in Shearer's case it is football. Now of course, place Ant & Dec in the dugout and they'll fail because that's not their vocation (mind they'd probably do a better job than Souness did), likewise place Shearer in front of a microphone to present that daft reality show they do and he'll look out of his depth too.

Touted by who?

Fine, let him prove himself somewhere then - just anywhere except at Newcastle.

Thats exactly what HTT said a couple of posts up, probably missed it in your Shearer is a c*nt rage!

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'd like him to be successful...I just remain to be convinced. Generally speaking you tend to find that the great managers were fairly mediocre as players.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'd like him to be successful...I just remain to be convinced. Generally speaking you tend to find that the great managers were fairly mediocre as players.

There have been great managers who were great players. That probably has more to do with the huge ratio of mediocre to great players than being an actual factor.