Big Sam and his ear piece

Skirge

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1032529,00.html

Big Sam Set To Take A Stand

By Craig Hope

NEWCASTLE United manager Sam Allardyce has revealed that he is set to implement the same meticulous attention to detail that saw Bolton Wanderers transformed from second-tier also-rans to European contenders.

Big Sam settled into his St.James' Park hotseat on Monday as he sets about the task of imposing his mark on the club ahead of next season.

And the new United gaffer says that he will be taking in the first-half of games from a vantage point in the stands, using his now familiar ear-piece to communicate with coaching staff in the dugout.

The 52-year-old said: "I will have to check in the stand to see if I have got the right area to sit in without too many people listening in.

"The language can get a bit blue now and again, and I don't want to be upsetting any women or youngsters if they are around me.

"In the short term I will try to get upstairs in the first-half and oversee from there.

"We will have the right level of communication down to the bench and the right technology to use behind the scenes if I need to."

Allardyce and his Bolton team took a host of big scalps during his eight years at the Lancashire club, and he is adamant that the techniques he used to bring about so much success at the Reebok will again be used to full advantage at Gallowgate.

"Part of my life as coach, not just as a manager, is to be tactically aware and able to suss out opposition," he added.

"You have to use what resources you have to combat the opposition, even if they have bigger and better resources than you.

"We spend a lot of time planning how we will play against teams.

"We might play the same system as they do but sometimes in a different way.

"That will be to really nullify the opposition's strengths and expose their weaknesses.

"That's what I am all about." 

Guest Gemmill

So does Craig Hope write for the Chronicle AND the official site?  We're unlikely to see much impartiality in his Chronicle witterings if so.  Oliver's understudy tbh.

So does Craig Hope write for the Chronicle AND the official site?  We're unlikely to see much impartiality in his Chronicle witterings if so.  Oliver's understudy tbh.

The Chronicle and stars alongised Johnny Vegas in Ideal.

Guest Morph

'We' being who exactly?

Maby his assistent...

MaybE his assistAnt, yes.  Shall I spell it out for you?

Do you think he's going to try and recruit the majority of his backroom staff from Bolton then?

'We' being who exactly?

Maby his assistent...

Do you think he's going to try and recruit the majority of his backroom staff from Bolton then?

whats fucking hitler doing at your avatar, nazi boy?

'We' being who exactly?

Maby his assistent...

Good question, tbh.

Guest smoggeordie

'We' being who exactly?

Maby his assistent...

Thousands of people died so we didn't have to see pictures of Hitler everywhere. Get rid, fella.

Guest Morph

wha

ts f****** hitler doing at your avatar, nazi boy?

Ist his dad.

He is, and he's harder than yours!

Guest Morph

He is, and he's harder than yours!

Only when he's in his Panther Tank, when he comes oot me fatha will rip i'z heed off

haha!

'We' being who exactly?

Maby his assistent...

Didnt anyone go to school on here thats not Hitler FFS thats the great Commie  Russian leader Stalin

'We' being who exactly?

Maby his assistent...

Didnt anyone go to school on here thats not Hitler FFS thats the great Commie  Russian leader Stalin

Like anyone with a braincell could ever get the two mixed up. :lol:

It was Hitler before.