Citeh want Juande Ramos

Martin Lol

Being widely reported in the media.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/6721577.stm

Ramos tipped to manage Man City 

Ramos has been at Seville for almost six years

Seville coach Juande Ramos has emerged as a leading candidate to become the next Manchester City manager.

Claudio Ranieri was the favourite for the post but he is out of the running after taking over at Juventus.

BBC Five Live correspondent Jonathan Legard said: "I am told the man that City could now concentrate on is Ramos.

"He has guided Seville to the Uefa Cup for the last two years. Other names will surely be mentioned but Ramos appears to find most favour."

City are nearing a possible takeover with ex-Thai prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra set to gain control of the club.

But any move for Ramos would have to wait until the end of the league season in Spain as Seville are still in the hunt for the La Liga title.

"They are doing well as well in La Liga and are two points behind leaders Real Madrid and Barcelona," added Legard.

"There are two more fixtures to go and nothing you would think could happen until they were out of the way. The last game of their season in on 17 June."

Shinawatra is believed to have wanted Ranieri, who steered Parma to safety in Serie A after arriving as their manager with the club precariously placed late on in the season.

Ranieri admitted he knew of the prospect of assuming the City helm but that the length of time over takeover negotiations proved a stumbling block.

"There was a project to start from scratch at City," said the 55-year-old Italian.

"But they haven't yet been bought by a new owner and the weeks were passing by.

"The Juve negotiations came about in a surprising manner. It was like a bolt out of the blue as I didn't expect it.

"You simply can't say no to a club like Juventus and I didn't."

I would guess the Doc would be very happy!

Ticks all the boxes.

Good coach? Check.

Not Graeme Souness? Check.

...and so on.

Seriously tho, I don't know owt about him tho, other than he's done a great job at Sevilla and he once got KO'd by a coin. Had my heart set on Cloudy Rainy, he seemed perfect because of his ability to spend moneys, improve young players and play good football, I'd happily take anyone with similar characteristics, but I don't know who that is. Need to watch Eurosport more :hmm:

Heard this myself this morning. He would be a great coach to get in, I know there were a few on here who wanted him this season and last year too. His record at Seville speaks for itself...

Guest Ridzuan

Ramos was one of my favourites to take over Roeder when he resigned.I think he is a good manager,even better than Ranieri.If the move does happens,Man City will be a very happy club.

Ticks all the boxes.

Good coach? Check.

Not Graeme Souness? Check.

...and so on.

Seriously tho, I don't know owt about him tho, other than he's done a great job at Sevilla and he once got KO'd by a coin. Had my heart set on Cloudy Rainy, he seemed perfect because of his ability to spend moneys, improve young players and play good football, I'd happily take anyone with similar characteristics, but I don't know who that is. Need to watch Eurosport more :hmm:

My one reservation about Ramos is that he has done wonderfully well with the players at his disposal, but he never bought them, Ramon Rodriguez Verdejo did.  A lot of logic in taking the pair of them out of Sevilla, they are both very highly rated.  Ramos was lined up to be Jol's replacement if he had opted to take over at Ajax and Arnesen's replacement was a straight fight between Comolli and Ramon Rodriguez Verdejo.  Both Ramos and Monchi were happy to move to the premiership.

Guest Northern Boys Love Gravy!

Ramos was one of my favourites to take over Roeder when he resigned.I think he is a good manager,even better than Ranieri.If the move does happens,Man City will be a very happy club.

He will have a hell of work to do at man city though....

Personally i think they could be one of the favourites to get relegated.

Guest Ridzuan

I think they will have better luck next season especially when they will have a lot of money to spend if the takeover indeed happens.Its been ages.

I think they will have better luck next season especially when they will have a lot of money to spend if the takeover indeed happens.Its been ages.

Isnt it the same guy that tried to buy Liverpool...?

Seems abit of a shifty character if you ask me.... hes been tryin to buy different clubs for years, but been unsuccessful, so what are the clubs finding out about him to not allow the takeover to continue? is he demanding to much or something??

If Pearce was still there, I would have agreed with you.  If the Thai throws money at it to resolve the immediate problem, a high quality coach and sporting director could take the club a long way imo.

Seems abit of a shifty character if you ask me.... hes been tryin to buy different clubs for years, but been unsuccessful, so what are the clubs finding out about him to not allow the takeover to continue? is he demanding to much or something??

Didn't think the Thai had shown any interest in any club other than Citeh.

Yea am pretty sure that he tried to buy liverpool for a very low amount and liverpool pretty much laughed it off, but didnt he atleast try and put a bid in for the toon when that american and bulgarian group were in the frame? Could be totally wrong lol

That's definitely the same guy who wanted liverpool. He was Thai PM when he wanted Liverpool, but that fell apart, can't remember why. Wasn't he actually overthrown in some kind of coup? Seem to remember something like that. Anyway, he does sound dodgy, but loaded nonetheless...

That's definitely the same guy who wanted liverpool. He was Thai PM when he wanted Liverpool, but that fell apart, can't remember why. Wasn't he actually overthrown in some kind of coup? Seem to remember something like that. Anyway, he does sound dodgy, but loaded nonetheless...

i suppose at the end of the day if he puts money into the club, thats all the fans will be pleased about

Guest Ridzuan

Im a big fan of Mr Thaksin but I dont think he will be a good chairman of any club after what has happened to him recently.

Im a big fan of Mr Thaksin but I dont think he will be a good chairman of any club after what has happened to him recently.

whats happened?

Guest Ridzuan

whats happened?

Something about his party being corrupted in Thailand I think.

whats happened?

Not good then lol.

Drifting off subject, Djamel Abdoun played for the French in the Toulon tournament yesterday, scored the first goal and ran the Germans ragged.  Citeh had him on loan with a view to buy from Ajaccio and Pearce released him??

He didn't try to "buy" Liverpool as such, he only had a go at getting a 30% stake...I think it was David Moores holdings. And that might have been with Thai lottery moneys rather than the moneys he got when he sold his company. I don't remember exactly.

whats happened?

2 executive members of his Tie Rack party were found guilty of being naughty boys at the last election...Nothing major. Nothing to do with him as such. He doesn't sound that bad at all to me...you've been having this "Is Barton moral?" dealie on here, this Shinawatra dealie has been done to death on City sites, I'm behind him. :thup:

If Pearce was still there, I would have agreed with you.  If the Thai throws money at it to resolve the immediate problem, a high quality coach and sporting director could take the club a long way imo.

Oh, make no mistake about it - If this takeover doesn't go thru, we WILL be relegated. Doesn't matter who would be in charge - Pearce, Souness, Fabio fucking Cappelo - We just have absolutely no team at the moment, and we don't have the finance to deal with it. Our only hope would be Richards (£££).

Drifting off subject, Djamel Abdoun played for the French in the Toulon tournament yesterday, scored the first goal and ran the Germans ragged.  Citeh had him on loan with a view to buy from Ajaccio and Pearce released him??

We surely did. He played for the first team for about 3 minutes in total, in the closing stages of a cup win vs Soton. Reports from the reserves were positive, but I don't think he did enough to suggest he was that good. Should probably have been given more of a chance, but given our...circumstances (Ie, we were shite and heading for the drop for most of the time he was here)...not really the time to experiment.

Guest SwissMagpie

Why Ramos will want to come to city???

He has great job a Sevilla.won the Uefa Cup,probably will talk the Spanish cup.Sevilla will be in the Champions league for the first time in their history next season.

Guest Ridzuan

First of all Mr Spectrum,no offence here but I couldnt try to stop laughing when I saw your spelling of Mr Thaksin's party.Its Thai Rak Thai party but its forgivable because its does not sounds familiar to you.And secondly,I agree with you that he is not a bad guy as what has been said about him in the Thai media.I thought it was rather disrespectful for him to leave his position of the Thai Prime Minister in such a manner but I think the recent crisis about his party has certainly damaged his reputation surely.If he indeed gets the control of Manchester City,he will have my full backing too.

First of all Mr Spectrum,no offence here but I couldnt try to stop laughing when I saw your spelling of Mr Thaksin's party.Its Thai Rak Thai party but its forgivable because its does not sounds familiar to you.And secondly,I agree with you that he is not a bad guy as what has been said about him in the Thai media.I thought it was rather disrespectful for him to leave his position of the Thai Prime Minister in such a manner but I think the recent crisis about his party has certainly damaged his reputation surely.If he indeed gets the control of Manchester City,he will have my full backing too.

It might have been a joke? :)