Ickle Mickey or Obafindme. Who are we keeping?

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest DavB93

Don't think we'll get rid of either of them, I would have to pick Owen to go through as his heart isn't with the club and seems to be wanting away if all reports are to believed.

If we are going to have millions to spend can afford to let him go and buy another World Class forward.

Guest nyscooby

As long as we get another few strickers of quality to have an upfront rotation of lads, rather than like last year a make shift squad of (Shola) utter shite.

As long as we get another few strickers of quality to have an upfront rotation of lads, rather than like last year a make shift squad of (Shola) utter shite.

Shola played about ten games last season. And was still like our fourth top scorer. :rolleyes:

Owen I reckon. People are getting p*ssed off because he hasn't came out saying he's staying...but why should he? He has 2 years left. You don't see Given, Taylor, etc. coming out saying, "I'm staying here" because they don't need to. Until he physically comes out saying he wants to leave, I'm happy with that.

Owen I reckon. People are getting p*ssed off because he hasn't came out saying he's staying...but why should he? He has 2 years left. You don't see Given, Taylor, etc. coming out saying, "I'm staying here" because they don't need to. Until he physically comes out saying he wants to leave, I'm happy with that.

Difference there being that Given and Taylor aren't at the very peak of the rumour mill, and no one is talking about them moving to the big four.

Guest nyscooby

Opta would have a field day with the amount of lost balls Shola made with his first touch.....

This year, last year, the season before that, who gives a dam, hes awfull. i'll be very suprised if he sees regular football this year coming up.

Has their loyalty ever been publicly questioned by the chairman?

Has there actually been a concrete quote from Berbatov saying he'll definitely not be leaving Spurs this summer? Serious question because that's no different to the Owen situation. I know the club and Jol have said he's staying, but has Berbatov himself?

Even in summers gone by though when the likes of Arsenal & Man U were after Given, I can't remember seeing the player denying them.

Opta would have a field day with the amount of lost balls Shola made with his first touch.....

This year, last year, the season before that, who gives a dam, hes awfull. i'll be very suprised if he sees regular football this year coming up.

So would i, but he's not awful. If you're unhappy with a striking department that includes Ameobi as like third or fourth (probably fourth) choice, then you're too hard to please - simple as that. Oh, and need to get a grip.

Has there actually been a concrete quote from Berbatov saying he'll definitely not be leaving Spurs this summer? Serious question because that's no different to the Owen situation. I know the club and Jol have said he's staying, but has Berbatov himself?

Even in summers gone by though when the likes of Arsenal & Man U were after Given, I can't remember seeing the player denying them.

Neither of those examples are on the same level as this Owen debacle, though.

Personally i think he'll stay. But not especially cos he wants to, just cos no one will pay for him.

Guest nyscooby

A grip.... never, not for Shola.

And hes not considered 3rd or 4th when 05/06 he was regular, 06/07 was going to be regular.

If he is regular 07/08 ......????  hope not.

How though? Berbatov has been linked strongly with Man U in the same way Owen has. Haven't seen a direct quote from him denying it. If he has said it then I'll happily be proven wrong. Owen last week said he was happy with what Allardyce had planned for Newcastle. The player can't dictate what a prat of a chairman has to say about him either.

How though? Berbatov has been linked strongly with Man U in the same way Owen has. Haven't seen a direct quote from him denying it. If he has said it then I'll happily be proven wrong. Owen last week said he was happy with what Allardyce had planned for Newcastle. The player can't dictate what a prat of a chairman has to say about him either.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=466227&plid=8595&clid=6&cpid=8

A grip.... never, not for Shola.

And hes not considered 3rd or 4th when 05/06 he was regular, 06/07 was going to be regular.

If he is regular 07/08 ......????  hope not.

To be fair though, he had a great start against Wigan, and if my memory serves me right, he had a good run before being injured.

"It is difficult in England because you have got Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal - some big names in football with great players, but nothing is impossible in football,"

"I hope next season we can challenge this `Big Four', like you say in England."

"Maybe we will be in the first four clubs."

"The most entertaining team this season is Spurs,"

"We have scored so many goals, we tried to play good, we tried to entertain the fans."

"For me that's one of the most important things - to entertain, to enjoy when you play, because it's a game."

I don't see the words, "I am staying at Tottenham" once in that article.

"Now that I am back from injury, I wish the season did not stop next week," wrote Owen in his column for The Times.

"I feel strong and I've had a good chat with Sam Allardyce about his plans for Newcastle.

"He came to the England team hotel last week to have a chat with me and Kieron Dyer. He is obviously going to shake the place up.

"He sounded very thorough, talking about everything from dietary advice to injury prevention as well as improving results.

"We are planning to meet again when he returns from holiday."

"It is difficult in England because you have got Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal - some big names in football with great players, but nothing is impossible in football,"

"I hope next season we can challenge this `Big Four', like you say in England."

"Maybe we will be in the first four clubs."

"The most entertaining team this season is Spurs,"

"We have scored so many goals, we tried to play good, we tried to entertain the fans."

"For me that's one of the most important things - to entertain, to enjoy when you play, because it's a game."

I don't see the words, "I am staying at Tottenham" once in that article.

He says next season he hope's they can be challenging the big 4, which is him talking about next season at Spurs.

Here he is again saying he wants to win silverwear with the club...

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=469980&CPID=8&clid=6&lid=&title=Berb+fully+focused+on+Spurs&channel=&

Owen to stay. When fit is far more consistent that Martins. I can't help but agree with most that neither will go. The signing of Viduka will provide a really effective partnership for either owen or Martins, I can't see the two of them being effective as a partnership.

So what do you want him to say on their DVD. "I've liked it here but if Man Utd do bid, bubbye".

Where did I say that? I've simply found quotes from Berbatov about him talking about his ambitions for next season at Spurs.

Owen on the other hand has a buy out clause in his contract, the fee surrounding it came out in the Times which is a paper that Owen writes a column in, coincidence?

He's since been asked to declare his loyalty to Newcastle next season by our chairman, he's so far refused.

There is a huge difference between the 2 situations.