Why Joey Barton is a fine young man

Guest Knightrider

Guest TampaToon

would've been an interesting chemistry experiment if he'd been acquired in the souness era.  they might have choked each other out.

Guest khyberpass

I heard he just needs to have a w*** every now and then.

How will opening and closing one eye help his anger problems!!! :laugh:

I heard he just needs to have a w*** every now and then.

Will you be giving Joey them then?

If it gets him playing, I'll be willing to take a hit for the team.

:cheesy:

Don't think there's any need for these revisionist viewpoints. We didn't sign him because he's a nice guy and it's unlikely he's about to become one in the future. Plenty of great players aren't great role models. Let's hope that Barton's exploits on the pitch outshine what he does off it.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Plenty of great players aren't great role models.

He's not a great player

Good luck to the lad I say. He must take some terrible abuse from people about his brother and it must wear you down. It wasn't him who committed that particular crime but a lot of people make him guilty by association.

I remember the worries regarding Asprilla when he signed,  stories about him being involved in far worse episodes than Joey Barton. Bellamy was no saint either, just a little wind up and a scum bag with no respect for anyone...

Barton starts at NUFC with a clean sheet - Dyer came to the club with no history(at least, what most of us were aware of),but look at his behaviour since ...

We have all heard about Barton's misdemeanors(apparently), but he must know this is his last REAL chance to make himself a really top player.By all accounts, he is shrewd enough to realise what a potentially huge stage he is about to step on, and if he has faith in NUFC the least fans can do is have faith in him - at least, until he really blots his copybook here.

If he knuckles down under Sam's management, he could really transform the midfield, and put some fire in the team's belly - if he doesn't, he 's heading for the exit door, but he DEFINITELY deserves the chance.

We have not had a competitive midfielder since Batty, and Barton has more in his locker than Batty ever had - Good Luck to the lad, but I won't hesitate to criticize if he DOES step out of line, bearing in mind that teams will set out to provoke him.

It will be interesting to watch....