Cacapa and Jaurès

gazza ladra

Im sceptic about theese players, we should definately aim higher.

They're back up players to boost an already weak squad, what were you expecting?

im sure if they were to sign it would be better choice than zat knight roedent wanted...

What about the transferkitty of 45 mil. the Ashleymoney , the spending spree ....

Cacapa I have seen and hes ok but nothing for the ambitions we havw. Jaures I dont now so much about. 

I would like as to get some known quality aswell as a few chances..

baggio already said more than likely if they come it will be to make up the numbers, having 45 million dont mean we need to waste it all splashing out on big name signings which SA said he aint after a trophy signing and would like to continue his transfer policy his way. Plenty of time to get some very descent signings in, I see this as only being us skimming the surface when it comes to the rebuilding

Dont know anything about Jaurès tbh. But what i have seen from Cacapa (not seen him much) is that he's alot better than all those defenders that we have let go of. And on a free transfer and that he also has great experience he will certainly strengthen our squad and give us competition. So i cant see anything negative about signing him. Dont know what wages he was on at Lyon though, but generally players in France are not on high wages as in the PL. But Lyon surely have some players on quite high wages.

And he has played alot for Lyon so i cant imagine him being any worser than most of oyr defenders that we have been playing with lately.

We have not really had any real competition for places lately so it can only be positive.

Even if there has been some awful play from most of our defenders due to not being good enough and not being  on their toes there has only been donkey shit to replace those players.

Competition improves the quality, and most of all i believe that competition makes players play with more consistency.

He might only been seen as backup, who knows...But i like it when we dont shell out BIG money for riskfull signings who appear to be shit..

Like signing Viduka for a couple of years on a free is excellent business instead of putting up £10m on someone who "might" turn out to be good.

In the future we could take more chances imo. But now we need to get things right. And even if the cheap signings prove to be shit, whats the loss?

Cacapa isn't exactly known for being a shiteplayer. You dont play for Lyon then..

Guest nyscooby

Replace the lot of them, succesfully failing for years now, thank heavens for Given.

He needs a testimonial and a big fat medal.

Another wee snippet.

Newcastle, Chelsea join interest for Gomis

tribalfooball.com - June 08, 2007

Saint-Etienne striker Bafe Gomis has no less than four Premiership heavyweights chasing him this summer.

Tottenham football chief Damien Comolli is a confirmed admirer, while Arsenal have also been linked with the 21 year-old since the end of the season.

However, Newcastle United and Chelsea are also interested in Gomis, who said: "It's true, I seem to have more suitors by the day!"

Guest DavB93

Another wee snippet.

Saint-Etienne striker Bafe Gomis has no less than four Premiership heavyweights chasing him this summer.

Tottenham football chief Damien Comolli is a confirmed admirer, while Arsenal have also been linked with the 21 year-old since the end of the season.

However, Newcastle United and Chelsea are also interested in Gomis, who said: "It's true, I seem to have more suitors by the day!"

Whats he suppose to be like?

Another wee snippet.

A striker.

Guest DavB93

Another wee snippet.

A striker.

mackems.gif mackems.gif

I meant is he any good, sarcastic git... :razz:

Another wee snippet.

A striker.

mackems.gif mackems.gif

I meant is he any good, sarcastic git... :razz:

Martin Jol will know as Comolli has been linked with him . No idea if he is any good tbh.

Im sceptic about theese players, we should definately aim higher.

They're back up players to boost an already weak squad, what were you expecting?

im sure if they were to sign it would be better choice than zat knight roedent wanted...

What about the transferkitty of 45 mil. the Ashleymoney , the spending spree ....

Cacapa I have seen and hes ok but nothing for the ambitions we havw. Jaures I dont now so much about. 

I would like as to get some known quality aswell as a few chances..

So if we went out and spent money for the sake of it you would be happy. If that Cacapa (who I have not seen play by the way) is good enough for the French Champions and a very good team who have been relatively successful in Europe then he is sure good enough to play for a team that has had Bramble, Moore and Ramage in their defence the past couple of seasons/

Guest kmdnufc

Bramble gone

Moore gone

Gooch gone

Roeder gone

shepherd gone

carr going

babayaro going

Am o dreaming??

We don't know if Carr and Baba are going ...

Cacapa is excellent, an absolute brute,