Liverpool have no money to spend?

Dokko

Guest Invicta_Toon

Kevin Phillips once won the European Golden Boot putting him in the same category as Gerd Muller, Eusebio, Thierry Henry, Ronaldo & Marco van Basten.

Can you see how ridiculous that looks? :lol:

:lol:

I like how Kingdawson pulls up Jenas scoring record as if that proves he's some sort of great player, only to not see the irony in saying Kevin Nolan is an average midfielder who scores goals.

As you conveniantly forgott, i also mention the countless other skills Jenas possesses in his game. Other then scoring goals can you please tell me what else Nolan does??

Nolan's dominant in the air, has decent link up play and he also works his bollocks off battling for the ball, he's still average though as his passing and movement are poor.

Jenas is good at stretching play and running from deep, he's poor in the air and he's a poor passer unless he's passing it backwards or sideways, he's also a soft shite.

Both average midfielders who chip in with a few goals, neither a patch on Joey Barton.

it all just comes down to bias

allardyce swore blind nolan should play for england, SBR did the same for jenarse, pearce did the same for barton

rose tinted spectacles tbh

Kevin Phillips once won the European Golden Boot putting him in the same category as Gerd Muller, Eusebio, Thierry Henry, Ronaldo & Marco van Basten.

I like how Kingdawson pulls up Jenas scoring record as if that proves he's some sort of great player, only to not see the irony in saying Kevin Nolan is an average midfielder who scores goals.

As you conveniantly forgott, i also mention the countless other skills Jenas possesses in his game. Other then scoring goals can you please tell me what else Nolan does??

the only thing i see jenas having added to his game since leaving us is slightly better finishing, he always got himself in good positions but jigsaw'd it up near the box

other than that he's the same player from what i've seen - a good athlete who can tackle from time to time but can't pass very well and has a similar football brain to dyer, i.e. none...

Nolan's dominant in the air, has decent link up play and he also works his bollocks off battling for the ball, he's still average though as his passing and movement are poor.

Jenas is good at stretching play and running from deep, he's poor in the air and he's a poor passer unless he's passing it backwards or sideways, he's also a soft s****.

Both average midfielders who chip in with a few goals, neither a patch on Joey Barton.

allardyce swore blind nolan should play for england, SBR did the same for jenarse, pearce did the same for barton

How am I being bias saying Jenas and Nolan are two average midfielders who score goals?

Guest kingdawson

Jenas is good at stretching play and running from deep, he's poor in the air and he's a poor passer unless he's passing it backwards or sideways, he's also a soft s****.

How am I being bias saying Jenas and Nolan are two average midfielders who score goals?

You're being biased by saying Barton is better then both of them.

No bias at all, if you ask any fan from the majority of other Premiership clubs they'd agree with me, most recognize Barton as a top player who they wouldn't want because of his off field problems.

You've even said Spurs should buy him as he's the next best thing to Gerrard or words to that affect, do you think Jenas is better than Barton? If so what are your reasons?

Guest kingdawson

No bias at all, if you ask any fan from the majority of other Premiership clubs they'd agree with me, most recognize Barton as a top player who they wouldn't want because of his off field problems.

You've even said Spurs should buy him as he's the next best thing to Gerrard or words to that affect, do you think Jenas is better than Barton? If so what are your reasons?

Nah Barton is a far better player then Jenas and is probably one of the most under-rated centre midfielders in the league imo. Only thing Jenas has over Barton is goalscoring and he's probably a bit more energetic then Barton.

Tbh i think Barton is probably the second most talented English cm there is (behind Gerrard) but to say Nolan and Jenas are equal in terms of ability is laughable.

Nah Barton is a far better player then Jenas and is probably one of the most under-rated centre midfielders in the league imo. Only thing Jenas has over Barton is goalscoring and he's probably a bit more energetic then Barton.

Tbh i think Barton is probably the second most talented English cm there is (behind Gerrard) but to say Nolan and Jenas are equal in terms of ability is laughable.

I think Nolan and Jenas are average, that's just my opinion as a neutral.

I wouldn't say Jenas was a better goalscorer, he may have a slightly better goals to games ratio last season but I'd take into account the teams they play in, Spurs scored a load last season in all competitions where as Man City only managed 29 goals last season in the league, I'd like to think if Barton came here and we get our act together, he could goon and score more than he did at City.

Guest Petay

Its hard to be a neutral about Jenas when your a Newcastle fan.  For me he is above average but I'm glad we sold him when we did, but he is definately better than Nolan.

Its hard to be a neutral about Jenas when your a Newcastle fan.  For me he is above average but I'm glad we sold him when we did, but he is definately better than Nolan.

Not really, it's not as if I have any real hate for the player.

As I've said, both average players who are good at a few things but average at most.

Not really, it's not as if I have any real hate for the player.

As I've said, both average players who are good at a few things but average at most.

the way things are going with the prices of english players I still recon Jenas was a decent price at 7m at  the time. I really havent followed Bolton enough to comment on Nolan but as mentioned before out of those 3 I would have barton any day.

Guest Petay

Barton is definately the best of the three but what I was thinking about Jenas was more how he played at Newcastle tainting your view.  He finished off his time here with a distinctly average season and a half, I'm very good friends with two spurs fans and unfortunately have been subjected to watching them on many more occations than I would have liked and I do think Jenas has come on alot.  He is a better player than he was, by quite a bit, hense me placing him above Nolan in my opinion.

Guest kingdawson

I wouldn't say Jenas was a better goalscorer, he may have a slightly better goals to games ratio last season but I'd take into account the teams they play in, Spurs scored a load last season in all competitions where as Man City only managed 29 goals last season in the league, I'd like to think if Barton came here and we get our act together, he could goon and score more than he did at City.

Slightly better??

Barton has managed 17 goals in 142 games for city (15 goals in 123 games in the league)

Jenas has managed 15 goals in 65 games for spurs (12 goals in 53 games in the league)

Add to that Barton has also made 11 substitute appearances whilst Jenas has only made 1. To say that you disagree that Jenas is the better goalscorer out of the two is a bit of a joke really no matter what reasons you give.

Barton is definately the best of the three but what I was thinking about Jenas was more how he played at Newcastle tainting your view.  He finished off his time here with a distinctly average season and a half, I'm very good friends with two spurs fans and unfortunately have been subjected to watching them on many more occations than I would have liked and I do think Jenas has come on alot.  He is a better player than he was, by quite a bit, hense me placing him above Nolan in my opinion.

Apart from the game up here when he missed a sitter I've only seen him on telly playing for Spurs, he's never stood out to me and he still in the habit of passing backwards when he has an opportunity to break, I remember watching him play Chelsea and he done nothing in the match but popped up with a goal, that summed him up for me.

I didn't see him in Europe as we were playing at the same time.

Slightly better??

Barton has managed 17 goals in 142 games for city (15 goals in 123 games in the league)

Jenas has managed 15 goals in 65 games for spurs (12 goals in 53 games in the league)

Add to that Barton has also made 11 substitute appearances whilst Jenas has only made 1. To say that you disagree that Jenas is the better goalscorer out of the two is a bit of a joke really no matter what reasons you give.

So you're taking Bartons whole career at City which stretches back years to judge his goalscoring ability, yet are happy just to use the 2 years Jenas has been at Spurs for his?! :lol:

Guest kingdawson

Slightly better??

So you're taking Bartons whole career at City which stretches back years to judge his goalscoring ability, yet are happy just to use the 2 years Jenas has been at Spurs for his?! :lol:

But my argument has always been that Jenas has improved as a player since comming to spurs so i see absolutly no point using his Newcastle record.

Slightly better??

But my argument has always been that Jenas has improved as a player since comming to spurs so i see absolutly no point using his Newcastle record.

Your argument has nothing to do with this when you're comparing their goalscoring ability, you either use both players stats from the past 2 years if you want to use Jenas' time at Spurs only or you use both players top flight stats if you want to judge them over their career.

Not cherry pick stats to prove your point like you've done.

Guest Triglett

The view of Chris Hughton, assitant manager, of Jenas' season:

Jermaine Jenas: He was excellent again. He scored eight goals and for me, the only shame was the period he missed through injury because I'm quite sure he would have reached double-figures otherwise. He sets himself new standards every season and did it again. There aren't that many goalscoring midfielders and they are so valuable. You've got Cahill at Everton, Gerrard, who sometimes plays wide and has a freer role at Liverpool and Lampard is perhaps the best example at Chelsea. One thing is JJ's goals, another is his contribution, generally there is no-one who covers as much ground as he does

I think the last bit in bold is particularly significant, and perhaps an area where he has improved since he left Newcastle - one of the most consistent criticisms I've read of him is that he was lazy and generally doesn't do enough or make an impact on the game. It's a part of his game which has really come on this last season, and although it's easy to dismiss a player's workrate, it's been painfully obvious whenever he's not playing that we really miss him.

Then again, there's the other side of the coin where he can be infuriatingly casual - in his passing, tempo, clearances, whatever...and that's the problem with Jenas. He's proven that he CAN do everything, often within the space of a single game, but he just doesn't do it consistently enough or chooses not to do it often enough (particularly in respect to the attacking side of his game). Overall, he's a good player (above average) who most teams out there are desperately in need of. However, he'll always pop up with just the odd moment of brilliance, and I doubt he has it in him to really push on. That said, there are definite weaknesses too, the main one being his tendency to slow the game down and a lack of broader perspective/vision. Those things aren't so easily picked up with experience or taught.

Jermaine Jenas: He was excellent again. He scored eight goals and for me, the only shame was the period he missed through injury because I'm quite sure he would have reached double-figures otherwise. He sets himself new standards every season and did it again. There aren't that many goalscoring midfielders and they are so valuable. You've got Cahill at Everton, Gerrard, who sometimes plays wide and has a freer role at Liverpool and Lampard is perhaps the best example at Chelsea. One thing is JJ's goals, another is his contribution, generally there is no-one who covers as much ground as he does

I think the last bit in bold is particularly significant, and perhaps an area where he has improved since he left Newcastle - one of the most consistent criticisms I've read of him is that he was lazy and generally doesn't do enough or make an impact on the game. It's a part of his game which has really come on this last season, and although it's easy to dismiss a player's workrate, it's been painfully obvious whenever he's not playing that we really miss him.

Then again, there's the other side of the coin where he can be infuriatingly casual - in his passing, tempo, clearances, whatever...and that's the problem with Jenas. He's proven that he CAN do everything, often within the space of a single game, but he just doesn't do it consistently enough or chooses not to do it often enough (particularly in respect to the attacking side of his game). Overall, he's a good player (above average) who most teams out there are desperately in need of. However, he'll always pop up with just the odd moment of brilliance, and I doubt he has it in him to really push on. That said, there are definite weaknesses too, the main one being his tendency to slow the game down and a lack of broader perspective/vision. Those things aren't so easily picked up with experience or taught.

A balanced, unbiased view. O0

Sorry like but one of the problems I had with JJ is that he did too much running, always running out of position, always running into the wrong positions, always chasing the ball & game (so you'd end with him covering miles of ground, but very rarely getting anything done) and never getting a hold of it properly. Then when he did, he'd pass it backwards.

SBR's fault tbf, trying to turn him into a DMC.

JJ is in the same league as Parker imho, they both have very similar weakness, just trade Parker's tackling ability for JJ's shooting ability.

What has Jenas vs Barton got to do with Liverpool being skint? Jenas is shite btw - I should know - I'm from Nottingham and played against him numerous times as a youth. He's overrated is all I'm saying. Not saying Barton is amazingly better either.

Guest kingdawson

Slightly better??

Your argument has nothing to do with this when you're comparing their goalscoring ability, you either use both players stats from the past 2 years if you want to use Jenas' time at Spurs only or you use both players top flight stats if you want to judge them over their career.

But Jenas's goalscoring stats for the past 2 years still beats Barton's hands down so i fail to see how you can disagree that Jenas is the better goalscorer out of the two.

Slightly better??

But Jenas's goalscoring stats for the past 2 years still beats Barton's hands down so i fail to see how you can disagree that Jenas is the better goalscorer out of the two.

Fucking hell, this has to be an act as I can't believe anyone is this stupid.

I said Jenas may have a slightly better goals to games ratio which is what he's got.

Jenas - 12 goals in 55 games.

Barton - 12 goals in 64 games.

Guest kingdawson

Slightly better??

f****** hell, this has to be an act as I can't believe anyone is this stupid.

I said Jenas may have a slightly better goals to games ratio which is what he's got.

Jenas - 12 goals in 55 games.

Barton - 12 goals in 64 games.

Very clever getting Personnel Baggio, proves how hard you are :rolleyes: :rolleyes:.

As well as saying that you also said that you disagree that Jenas is a better goalscorer then Barton even though his career goal ratio and his recent goals to game ratio beats Barton's. I fail to see how you can disagree with my statement when the facts are plain to see. Whatever though mate, carry on being deluded :thup:.