Spurs bid for Darren Bent

geordie2000

You forgot the "they only went for the money" one Davey boy.

Yeah but that doesn't count in this comparison, cos Spurs only pay peanuts compared to us. ;)

You can almost guarantee that if we signed him, we'd get MJ with his "we were offering £6m up front with £1.5m a year for the next 3 seasons, as well as £30k a week wages with bonuses, while Newcastle offered £12m and £50k a week wages. This is why Comolli has lined up Trezeguet, for whom we've bid £3m plus £500k a year with £25k wages".

as well as "this is MJ's son, he's away in the Seychelles with the money he made putting a bet on Joe Harvey being newcastle manager. he told me to say that spurs have also been linked to Skillardinho who is captain of the brazil under 15s. Comolli has legally adopted him and gave both his parents oral sex, so we're just waiting for the paperwork to go through, everyone who has seen this lad believes he is 3 times better than Maradona at the same age. ITKs are also saying Newcastle are close to agreeing a £17m double swoop for Benson and Hedges of non league Tipton. Levy thought long and hard about making a bid but believed the rumoured £400,000 per week wages would upset the applecart, what with Berbs on two guineas and thrupence a year. anyway got to go apply for my season ticket, queue from WHL already reaches Cape Town."

fu-uh-nny

Guest lebowski

I get the impression that Jol doesn't like Defoe, or has difficulty in working with him. He may see Bent as a more useful addition to his squad.

Bent is a good all-rounder, but not top class in any respect, and like everyone else I'm baffled at the price.

I don't think MJ dislikes Defoe but playing him limits tactical options, he's not the team player that Keane is, JD can only play well with Berbatov.  It's the lack of options that MJ dislikes.

I'm not baffled at the price, it's Egghead paying way over the top to try to avoid a repeat of last season's near miss (courtesy of nil points deduction).  Spurs have made their final offer, £12.5m + 1 player nearly out of contract + 1 player on a seasons long loan.  It's now up to Bent and Charlton.  If Bent says I'm not going to Upton Park (which is what his agent is saying) will Charlton accept the Spurs bid?  If not, will Bent take the risk of winding u in the Championship?  I think Bent will eventually go to the Bingo Club in exactly the same way (as others have mentioned before) that Owen made his way to Newcastle, not by choice but by sufferance.

Ledley's knees once again show that signing Younes Kaboul (although not yet announced) and actively chasing Curtis Davies also is a sensible decision.  Whether Spurs actually sign Davies is still in the lap of the Gods.

"although not yet announced"

Your ITK bollocks cracks me up every time.

It ain't been announced but that don't mean to say it hasn't happened.  I said this on 1st May, probably being announced on 1st July.  You've only got a bit over a fortnight to wait. :razz:

I can barely contain my effervescent fervour

This has turned out to be a good  night.   :celb:

Charlton have accepted a revised offer, not as much as the one before, not as much as the one in January.  Bent has agreed personal terms, half what the bingo club would have paid him, and it's all done bar the medical.  No announcement until 1st July, fee will not be disclosed but it's not expected to high enough to declare it to the Stock Exchange.

So, first 3 of Spurs' main targets done, Wesley Sneijder next (after losing out with Nani), and the CB situation to look at again.  Could all be done for £40m, Comolli has done a brilliant job!

Not high enough to declare to the stock exchange?... What does that mean exactly?..

All transfer fees have to be announced to the stock exchange I thought?

Not cessinarily. Sure i've seen some of ours before where it's announced but the fee is undisclosed.

This has turned out to be a good  night.   :celb:

Charlton have accepted a revised offer, not as much as the one before, not as much as the one in January.  Bent has agreed personal terms, half what the bingo club would have paid him, and it's all done bar the medical.  No announcement until 1st July, fee will not be disclosed but it's not expected to high enough to declare it to the Stock Exchange.

So, first 3 of Spurs' main targets done, Wesley Sneijder next (after losing out with Nani), and the CB situation to look at again.  Could all be done for £40m, Comolli has done a brilliant job!

Not high enough to declare to the stock exchange?... What does that mean exactly?..

Absolute bollocks basically, I can't see him going for less than £10m and surely they would have to announce a sum like that!

Guest Triglett

He's apparently turned down West Ham because his heart's set on Liverpool. :lol:

I know  :lol:

Shockingly bad journalism TBH.

Guest Nappy Rash

All Spurs fans are ITK, fact!

I like the way they refer to Bill and Ben from FTL and Pot Noodle from some other joke of a site as "respected ITK's".

They have have a 0% strike rate and brought us the hilarious "Duff has had his medical, unveiled Monday" last Year that had the daft fuckers pitting feathers in the end :uglystupid2:

Daft London Mackems, all living on Planet Reebok.

They just regurgitate shit fed to them by idiots.

A recent one was that the £5M we got Duff for was only half, we're paying another £5m this Year, so we didnt actually lie when we said we got him for £5m

It being totally illegal doesn't stop them peddling the shit they are fed  :cheesy: :uglystupid2:

Guest Triglett
It's from someone on COYS who actually does have really close links to Darren Bent himself. Think he's his father's best mate and lives in the same complex in Spain or something. Not bollox, because he mentioned this relationship well over a year ago when we weren't even interested in Bent. He gets direct info. I'm not so big on the ITK stuff, and I always take info with a massive pinch of salt, but I trust this guy.

I'm not ITK, and I'm not even pretending to be. Jesus.

Guest Nappy Rash

I'm not ITK, and I'm not even pretending to be. Jesus.

But you can claim he doesn't want to leave London  :uglystupid2:

Deary me  :lol:

Guest Triglett

So provide the quote where Bent has said he wants to stay in London.

Provide the quote where he says he wants to go to Liverpool.

Whether it's 'ITK' or from the media, most of the time it's bollocks.

I only said this because I've known this guy for about 2 years, where he's mentioned these links to DB way before we were even interested. He doesn't make all these poncy ITK announcements and stuff, he's sound.

Guest Nappy Rash

He doesnt need to he said "apparently" you clown, based on media speculation no doubt.

You on the other hand  :uglystupid2: :lol:

Guest Triglett

Well, I apologise for stating how I feel about something. Perhaps I should remember in future that semantics mean a lot to Geordies on internet forums. Calm down FFS!

Guest kingdawson

It has nothing to do with semantics  :uglystupid2:

There you go again having digs at spurs. New Stevie tbh.