Colin Kâzım-Richards

Sparks

;D Anyone else find this rather funny.

"Fenerbahce" have for some reason signed him, he has had a press conference with about 50 microphones in front of him like he is some superstar. This is for a player who cost Sheffield United 100k from Brighton and scored one goal in 27 games in the premiership last year.

What's the betting he won't score a goal and we will be back in the lower leagues of English football within 12 months.

Tbh, watched him a couple of times last year, he has got something. I noticed him early on in the season and expected him to come through and shine but it just didn't seem to happen for him. He does have one or two tricks tho.

Good luck to the lad.

Guest elbee909

"Fenerbahce" have for some reason signed him, he has had a press conference with about 50 microphones in front of him like he is some superstar. This is for a player who cost Sheffield United 100k from Brighton and scored one goal in 27 games in the premiership last year.

What's the betting he won't score a goal and we will be back in the lower leagues of English football within 12 months.

It's because he's decided to play for Turkey, he qualifies through his mother. 

Guest Triglett

Yeah, he was probably one of Sheffield Utd's more 'gifted' players from what I saw of him. Got a hell of a throw on him too. Seems thick as fuck though.

On the subject of strange moves for lesser known players from abroad, one of the most bizarre stories I heard this season was that of Michael Malcolm, a young former Spurs striker playing at Stockport County, being offered a trial at Werder Bremen. Considering he's now been released from County, I can't even begin to imagine how that all came about in the first place  :o

Isn't CKR the player that Coca Cola bought for brighton?

Yup. And I don't even think he was a first choice player for Bury at the time, I'm sure they played Nugent and this old Liverpool reject's whos name escapes me up front.

Kinda reminds me of Jay Bothroyd - after playing for Coventry, he Joined Perugia in Italy as a 21 year old.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_Bothroyd

Suppose you dont expect unknown/lower league players to attract the attention of foreign teams.

I don't think its as weird as that, considering this guy is Turkish and he does play for Turkey u21. It would be more like someone in this country signing Hargreaves. If he was shit. And played for someone shite in the German 2nd division. :idiot2:

I remember when Bothroyrd had a good run in the Perugia team and the Italian newspapers were calling him the 'new Adriano' (when he was actually class) :lol:

As for CZM.....the same happened to Muzzy Izzet (whose dad is Turkish) and he was like a superstar in the Turkish press (albeit temporarily)

Guest optimistic nit

Gifton Noel Williams signed for Murcia in Spain in January. Last time I checked they were flying in the Second Division so he could be in La Liga next year.

ex forest player?

Guest Toonie

Yalcin said: "Although he is very young, he has two years of experience in the Premier League.

"I believe that this young talent will be very useful to Fenerbahce."

2 years? last time I checked, brighton arent in the Premier League

Guest exilim

Wasn't that goal scored against us? :lol:

Wasn't that goal scored against us? :lol:

his goal was against bolton when he scored from the right wing after jaskelinen was caught out of position. a great finish it was