Charlton have lost it

Skirge

Guest elbee909

They want to come back up; if they don't have Bent that'll be harder to do so fair enough for them to stick to their guns.

Well if they were offered £17m by WHU, and accepted and he rejected, then he can't complain when they reject the likes of £12m bids from teams he'd rather go to.

I think they'd go with £15m plus as long as he wavers any financial right from then since he's the one to reject the massive transfer to WHU. Only fair imo.

mackems.gif West ham will pay £17m (way too much imo) but he wants to go to Spurs (apparently) but i doubt they will pay that much. Something/someone has got to give in somewhere it'll just be interesting to see who (my moneys on Bent ending up at the hammers after a long stand off).

Guest teepee

bent will fire them straight back up - without him they will struggle

however, the price is way too high for what spuds/whufc will get....

20 goal a season strikers don't come cheap, Bent was out injured for half the season and he still scored more than Berbatov who some seem to value at £30m  :idiot2:

20 goal a season strikers don't come cheap, Bent was out injured for half the season and he still scored more than Berbatov who some seem to value at £30m  :idiot2:

But Berbatov also creates goals for his team maters...How many assists did Bent have compared to Berbatov ?

But Berbatov also creates goals for his team maters...How many assists did Bent have compared to Berbatov ?

Doesn't matter how many assists Bent got.  A strikers job is to score goals, not set them up for other people.

Doesn't matter how many assists Bent got.  A strikers job is to score goals, not set them up for other people.

No, I think the complete striker is the one who can score AS WELL AS bring others into play...That is why Bellamy was great...

Wasn't it said that the winner of Derby vs West Brom would be guaranteed £30 million if they got into the Premiership?

With that in mind, why should Charlton sell their best player and easily the best player in the Championship for £12 million?!

What do you mean it doesn't matter? ???  Of course it matters, the more goals that player adds to the team the better.  If a player can score 15 and create 10 he's worth more to the team then a player who scores 20 but doesn't create any.

Guest rosstoon

Fair play to Charlton. Bent is contracted to them. He should have put a release clause in his contract. Charlton offered him the chance to play in the premiership and gambled a few million on him.

Guest optimistic nit

SSN now saying Spuds will pay £12mill + Gardner for Bent..

so that equates to an overall transfer value of about 10million then.

Guest getalife

Makes you wonder though, what happened at Upton Park that afternoon. He reckoned there's no way he'd ever play for West Ham, but he went for a meeting the day before, why bother? Sounds to me like something major happened in the meeting. Probably saw what a right conniving bunch of cnts they are since that twt took over.

Makes you wonder though, what happened at Upton Park that afternoon. He reckoned there's no way he'd ever play for West Ham, but he went for a meeting the day before, why bother? Sounds to me like something major happened in the meeting. Probably saw what a right conniving bunch of cnts they are since that twt took over.

Tapped up by Spurs more like.

Charlton are just doing everything they can to keep Bent.  They don't want to sell, and Bent isn't worth £17million, but they are saying that he can go if £17million is on the table.  With all the money that Charlton will lose from not being in the top flight, I can see why they are demanding as much as they think they can blag

from any potential buyers.  Let's face it, £17million is worth paying for a player you know will score you 20+ goals in the EPL, and I bet Spurs will come up with an offer for him.  Even if Bent doesn't go by transfer window, at least they have him til January to bang in a silly amount of goals in their bid to return to the top division.

Guest graemeh72

hmmm - not sure I agree with that .... depends on how the team plays surely

17 milion? madness. very good player but surely thats pushing it a bit. i think its just because all these bonus payments from sky and billionare owners, all its doing is making footballers wages go even higher, transfers higher still and isolating the big 4 from the rest and the prem clubs from the championship. that would be why people seem to be paying barton 70000 a week, and parker supposedly 80000, ballack and shevchenko 130000 and god knows what else

Whats wrong with them demanding that price for there best player?

If someone really wants him, they will pay that ammount and then Charlton will sign 2 or 3 players with that money.

If they dont sell, he will just get them back into the Premiership on his own.

Either way, Charlton are winners.

Guest graemeh72

Either way, Charlton are winners.

Bollocks they are away at Stoke in the Championship first game of the season....winners ...my arse

Guest kingdawson

How can Charlton be the 'winners' if they lose there best player and only goalscoring threat??