Wenger reportedly wants Oba for 13 million according to Sun.

madras

Guest Alan Shearer 9

If I had one wish right now it would be for Yorkie Geordie to get transported to Brooklyn in a fairy costume.

If I had one wish right now it would be for Yorkie Geordie to get transported to Brooklyn in a fairy costume.

ZANY!

Give it a rest man, this was a decent thread an hour ago.

And so it begins....

True or not Wenger was always going to bid for Martins.

Im not going to debate Martins the player for us. Im firmly in the Pro-Martins camp, and like others on here have repeatedly smashed my head against the wall reasoning with people of the other persuasion.

Fact is, its comes down to what the player wants.

Less than a couple of weeks ago he came out committing to us, he has to stand by that statement now.

If he doesnt he doesnt, I dont want anyone here thats looking for a move somewhere else, Martins, Owen steven Taylor it doesnt matter who if they want to leave then let them.

Martins and Owen leaving will stuff up our plans but thats football, and we will just have to suck it up and take it.

Anelka and Saviola would be a nice way of easing the pain.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

ZANY!

He's contributing to the shitness by taking the mickey out of a respectable poster like Moe Ali who has valid opinions. Just got my goat a bit that's all.

ZANY!

He's contributing to the shitness by taking the mickey out of a respectable poster like Moe Ali who has valid opinions. Just got my goat a bit that's all.

mackems.gif

ZANY!

Whereas that actually was quite funny.

ZANY!

:lol:

ZANY!

Whereas that actually was quite funny.

What was?

ZANY!

Does he fuck. He's being a fucking mong.  :)

I reckon he'll stay. Especially with all the Ashley stuff going on.

I think Emre pledging his future to the club could be a big factor in it all, him and Martins are supposed to be big mates off the pitch.

I reckon he'll stay. Especially with all the Ashley stuff going on.

I think Emre pledging his future to the club could be a big factor in it all, him and Martins are supposed to be big mates off the pitch.

Would be the sensible thing to do imo. Who knows how Arsenal are going to recover after losing Henry? We still havent really recovered from losing Shearer, for better or for worse we were with him latterly, they could easily find it hard too.

Its not certain Arsenal are the better choice. Only has to look at Owen to know that jumping ship can go wrong.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/chroniclesport/tm_headline=sam-eyes-gud-deal%26method=full%26objectid=19197021%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

Exploder going nowhere

May 25 2007

By Lee Ryder, The Evening Chronicle

Newcastle United's spirits have been boosted as the Exploder Obafemi Martins pledged his future to the club.

It's no secret in football that former the former Inter striker is wanted by French cheese merchant Arsene Wenger.

And it was thought that the Nigerian international would favour a move to the Gunners after just one year in Newcastle.

The 22-year-old was highly thought of by Wenger during his stint at Inter, but he also struck up a rapport with Glenn Roeder and he signed the explosive forward for £10 million saving Newcastle's fortunes from the prospect of relegation.

Man United, Tottenham, West Ham and Sunderland are also keen on Martins, but his good relationship with Allardyce may swing the balance for Newcastle.

And a source close to Allardyce told the Chronicle today: "Sam used to call Martins "The Exploder" when he was at Inter. He enjoyed watching him and I would suggest he would be happy to work with him as part of the Newcastle squad."

With Owen's future up in the air at the moment Newcastle will look to the explosive Nigerian forward to be the focal point of their attack next season.

United do still have Shola Ameobi and youngster Andy Carroll, but last season proved to be a real struggle with little or no cover in key positions at key times resulting in a bottom-half finish.

And a source close to Martin's today said, "It is true that many clubs want a slice of the pie that is Obafemi Martins, even though the pie has gone stale at the end of the season. The pie will be warm again next season and he will be many goals for Newcastle."

And the likelihood is he would find himself as first-choice to partner either Owen or Viduka at St James' if he stays for the start of the Premiership campaign.

And with Liverpool winger Bolo Zenden, a former United target, having been released by Liverpool following their Champions League defeat against AC Milan, it would be no surprise if Newcastle have not already been alerted to the 30-year-old's availability, with Allardyce no stranger to working with players who have proved they can do it on the big stage.

Zenden will leave Liverpool frustrated his final game for the club was ruined by the whistle of German referee Herbert Fandel.

The Dutch midfielder fought off an ankle injury to play in Wednesday's Champions League Final in Athens before being replaced by Harry Kewell on the hour mark as his side slipped to a 2-1 defeat against AC Milan.

Liverpool expressed their surprise at the disproportionate amount of fouls they conceded against the Italians, including the crucial free-kick in the last seconds of the first half for a foul by Xabi Alonso on Kaka which resulted in Milan's first goal.

Zenden, out of contract this summer and told after the game by boss Rafael Benitez that he could talk to other clubs, said: "We were surprised to see how many free-kicks were given against us. We did not feel we were that aggressive.

"But we felt that the referee did give a lot of easy free-kicks, and on an occasion like that you need more things to go your way. When it is that uneven it makes things very difficult." Zenden and several of his colleagues were not impressed by Fandel's performance, while Benitez was furious with the official's time-keeping.

Fandel blew the final whistle before the allotted three minutes of injury time were completed, Liverpool having just scored through Dirk Kuyt.

Filippo Inzaghi's first goal also went in off his arm past Jose Reina.

Zenden is now open to offers from other clubs, and will leave Anfield this summer.

Guest zerocipher

After it came out that he was full of shit and wasn't even in that car that got shot up in Lagos, I can't put much faith in his declaration of wanting to stay at the toon. Regardless of his talent, I think that his personal issue may be the best reason for us to let him go. Everythign that has to do with him since the last few weeks of the season is just insanity off the pitch. Hell, it would be easier with Diouf. At least then we know he likes to beat his wife and thats what we need to deal with. With Oba, who knows what is coming next.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

After it came out that he was full of shit and wasn't even in that car that got shot up in Lagos, I can't put much faith in his declaration of wanting to stay at the toon. Regardless of his talent, I think that his personal issue may be the best reason for us to let him go. Everythign that has to do with him since the last few weeks of the season is just insanity off the pitch. Hell, it would be easier with Diouf. At least then we know he likes to beat his wife and thats what we need to deal with. With Oba, who knows what is coming next.

Whatever it is, you can be sure it will be an explosive story.