Wenger reportedly wants Oba for 13 million according to Sun.

madras

Oba wants wages close to Owens???

Get rid pronto. The cheeky git. I love you Oba but be on your way son!

he's done more tfor this club than little mickey FFS. more than entitled tbh

That's the equivalent of saying John Barnes would have deserved the same pay as Shearer after the 1997/8 season.

Not saying any footballer should be given £105,000 a week or whatever it is, but what the hell has Michael Owen done for us to justify being on £30/40,000 a week more than Oba?

Nothing, but that's what mis-management does to you. Martins has got no chance of getting near £100,000 a week.

That's the equivalent of saying John Barnes would have deserved the same pay as Shearer after the 1997/8 season.

Hardly.

Guest Dr. Pongle

Not saying any footballer should be given £105,000 a week or whatever it is, but what the hell has Michael Owen done for us to justify being on £30/40,000 a week more than Oba?

Harsh, the bloke has been injured for almost a year. His 7 goals in 14 appearances  is an impressive ratio by anyone's standard.

Harsh, the bloke has been injured for almost a year. His 7 goals in 14 appearances  is an impressive ratio by anyone's standard.

:lol:

Yeah. His form in 14 matches in two years really is impressive.....

Guest Invicta_Toon

except it really isn't

Thank God for those seven goals he got us at the start of the 05/06 season!

How can anyone possibly argue that Owen has done just as much/more than Martins in his time here? Like i say, no footballer can justify being on such immense wages, but in comparison - Owen's done nothing, for us, to be the highest paid member of our squad - and by such a margin. As Vic said, Martins is entitled to a winge.

Not that it'll make any difference. I can imagine he could winge all he wants but the guys at the top wouldn't do anything.

Players get paid what they are offered by clubs wanting to employ them. Not sure why it's always a reason to hate a player tbh.

NotW said on Sunday that Lampard had rejected £130k a week. Greed? Not really, if Barca are offering £131k. You get paid what you get paid.

Guest Dr. Pongle

Thank God for those seven goals he got us at the start of the 05/06 season!

How can anyone possibly argue that Owen has done just as much/more than Martins in his time here? Like i say, no footballer can justify being on such immense wages, but in comparison - Owen's done nothing, for us, to be the highest paid member of our squad - and by such a margin. As Vic said, Martins is entitled to a winge.

Not that it'll make any difference. I can imagine he could winge all he wants but the guys at the top wouldn't do anything.

I'm not saying he's done more than Martins, not at all mate.

Plus the fact Owen is a better footballer than Martins could be a deciding factor as to why he is being paid big brass. If he delivers the goods next season - which I'm sure he will - it will not be long before the big clubs come sniffing and activate the clause.

Players get paid what they are offered by clubs wanting to employ them. Not sure why it's always a reason to hate a player tbh.

Don't think anyone here is, tbh. IE - hating Owen cos he's on such massive wages. I'm just saying that he's done nothing more than Martins on the pitch, that justifies him being on £40,000-a-week extra, so Oba's entitled to a moan.

Don't think anyone here is, tbh. IE - hating Owen cos he's on such massive wages. I'm just saying that he's done nothing more than Martins on the pitch, that justifies him being on £40,000-a-week extra, so Oba's entitled to a moan.

More of a general comment.

NotW said on Sunday that Lampard had rejected £130k a week. Greed? Not really, if Barca are offering £131k. You get paid what you get paid.

How is that not greed? Not saying i exactly blame Lampard, but you can't possibly get any more greedy. Turning down £130,000 a week because you could get £135k or £140k... that's pure greed man. ;)

:thup:

How is that not greed? Not saying i exactly blame Lampard, but you can't possibly get any more greedy. Turning down £130,000 a week because you could get £135k or £140k... that's pure greed man. ;)

If the offers are on the table you go for the most attractive one. People seem to take more offence due to the figures talked about but the principle remains the same.

I love my job but i'd be off to our competitors if they offered £5k more.

Aye... If you'd compared it to him moving to Barcelona for the same wages, then it wouldn't have been greed, but that's just pure greedyness! :lol:

Guest Dr. Pongle

If the offers are on the table you go for the most attractive one.

Glenn Roeder's rat face and Shepherd's pig face with Vagina face Oliver willing to walk around naked in his leather cock sock to get inside scoops is far from attractive.

Guest Invicta_Toon

it's funny how the offers are always pushed upward though? that is what players (and agents) have done tbh, and that's why they deserve the flak

Roy Keane started the shit when he blackmailed Fergie into braking the Man U wage structure, just because he knew he could

If the offers are on the table you go for the most attractive one. People seem to take more offence due to the figures talked about but the principle remains the same.

I love my job but i'd be off to our competitors if they offered £5k more.

Obviously, no offence meant at all, but it's a bit difference with footballers to the likes of you and i. Rejecting £130k a week cos you could get £140k is just greedy.

Glenn Roeder's rat face and Shepherd's pig face with Vagina face Oliver willing to walk around naked in his leather cock sock to get inside scoops is far from attractive.

???

it's funny how the offers are always pushed upward though? that is what players (and agents) have done tbh, and that's why they deserve the flak

Roy Keane started the shit when he blackmailed Fergie into braking the Man U wage structure, just because he knew he could

But why are clubs willing to pay such ludicrous wages? Can't expect players to reject silly money on principle alone. Would you? I fucking wouldn't. :lol:

Obviously, no offence meant at all, but it's a bit difference with footballers to the likes of you and i. Rejecting £130k a week cos you could get £140k is just greedy.

It's the same, man. Just more money, because that's the 'going rate'.

Guest Dr. Pongle

But why are clubs willing to pay such ludicrous wages? Can't expect players to reject silly money on principle alone. Would you? I fucking wouldn't. :lol:

It's the going rate. It's estimated that the Premiership's top earners will be earning £200k p/w by 2010.

Ridiculous.

Do you think over a season, Martins would have the same effect as Owen?

Guest Invicta_Toon

because they can afford it

players just up the asking price when they know the clubs can afford it, with absolutely no reference to their ability or whether they've actually made a contribution

I don't begrudge them doing it, apart from the neuvo working class cunts who claim to be just like the supporters, while their contract ups the tickets prices

Roy Keane started the s*** when he blackmailed Fergie into braking the Man U wage structure, just because he knew he could

But why are clubs willing to pay such ludicrous wages? Can't expect players to reject silly money on principle alone. Would you? I f****** wouldn't. :lol:

It's the going rate. It's estimated that the Premiership's top earners will be earning £200k p/w by 2010.

Ridiculous.

If clubs are receiving f*ck knows how much from TV companies, sponsors, etc. then the players deserve a big slice of that.