Wenger reportedly wants Oba for 13 million according to Sun.

madras

Guest Alan Shearer 9

13M WILL NOT BUY US A BETTER STRIKER SO WHATS THE f****** POINT?!

If they play to their ability we've already got 2 better strikers at the club ffs

Compare 13m with the prices being paid lately, 8m for Johnson, 8m for Anelka, 10m for Berbatov. Is Martins that much better? not a chance

Johnson is not even close to as good as obafemi.

Anelka is past his prime.

Only Berbatov is comparable to Oba in terms of class.

Martins has all the attributes of these strikers, not to mention way more pace and strength.

not to mention EXPLOSIVENESS

I can't believe Wenger would want Martins

No offence to you lot but he's absolutely f****** gash imo, the idea you would make a profit on him is a bit crazy. His first touch is non-existant, his attitude is questionable, crap movement & he contributes nothing off the ball. Apart from the occasional scarily powerful shot and his pace every other element of his game is poor.

If I was Allardyce I'd snap off the hand of anyone that offers you more than you paid

Outscored your record signing tbh. ;)

Not in the league he never. He also never played for half the season 80% fit with a niggling injury.

Anyway, it's not justa bout goals which is the main point of what I was saying. Martins all round game is poor. If you think Johnson's work rate and link up play doesn't mean he contributes a lot more to a team than Martins does then you're mistaken imo.

Note the wink ya stroppy bitch.

Johnson performed better than Martins last season obviously (he fucking should have done in all fairness), but i just felt that that fact was worth pointing out. ;)

If they play to their ability we've already got 2 better strikers at the club ffs

Compare 13m with the prices being paid lately, 8m for Johnson, 8m for Anelka, 10m for Berbatov. Is Martins that much better? not a chance

Martins has all the attributes of these strikers, not to mention way more pace and strength.

This is the biggest load of balls I've read today.

I remember asking a certain member of this forum a question about Martins' earlier on in the season, to which he never properly answered. It was along the lines of "if Martins scores 20+ goals next season but doesn't do much else, would you still want rid?"

Would be interested to hear what his detractors would answer to that.

Well they both scored just as many as Martins last season in the league so i dont know what you base that on.

Guest Moe-Ali

LICK A NUT YORKIE

probably makes sense where you come  from

Yes actually it does make sense here in Canada...

Should make sense wherever you are as well,  simple English

are you talking yorkie as in a person from yorkshire or a citizen of the city of york ?

and what does it mean to "lick a nut"

well you know those two round shaped things under your penis?

those would be nuts.

yorkie would be yorkie-geordie.

Well they both scored just as many as Martins last season in the league so i dont know what you base that on.

Don't know how he thinks Martins is on a par with Berbatov either. He doesn't share his attributes at all. A completely different sort of player. Maybe we've been whooshed.

Guest Moe-Ali

their play...

LICK A NUT YORKIE

are you talking yorkie as in a person from yorkshire or a citizen of the city of york ?

I feel that the delightful chap implies that i should graze a homosapien testicle, presumably of the male species and not of a hermaphrodite or other such mutation/surgery-influenced subject, most prominantly with my tongue, most likely as a pre-ritual to testicle deglutition.

Guest Moe-Ali

This is the biggest load of balls I've read today.

Thanks for sharing that.

Totally relevant to the discussion

Fans like you do not deserve obafemi

bunch of fuckin pricks.

their play...

Good answer :lol: Out of your depth springs to mind.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

LICK A NUT YORKIE

I feel that the delightful chap implies that i should graze a homosapien testicle, presumably of the male species and not of a hermaphrodite or other such mutation/surgery-influenced subject, most prominantly with my tongue, most likely as a pre-ritual to testicle deglutition.

No I think he just wants you to lick his fucking balls

Don't know how he thinks Martins is on a par with Berbatov either. He doesn't share his attributes at all. A completely different sort of player. Maybe we've been whooshed.

Nope, and nor do i. But i personally reckon that with some good coaching (which is available thanks to Sam and his cronies), he has the ability to become as good as someone like Berbatov.

Guest Moe-Ali

LICK A NUT YORKIE

Well said. Motherfucker.

LICK A NUT YORKIE

Well said. Motherfucker.

:lol:

Let it go man.

LICK A NUT YORKIE

Well said. Motherfucker.

I'm well chuffed. This is the first time someone is gonna get banned because of me.

Guest Moe-Ali

Nope, and nor do i. But i personally reckon that with some good coaching (which is available thanks to Sam and his cronies), he has the ability to become as good as someone like Berbatov.

As good? he can be the best striker in the world with the right coaching.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

LICK A NUT YORKIE

Well said. Motherfucker.

Right on

One thing that does have to be said though is although Martins and Owen both score goals, they don't really do much else in terms of team build up and linking up. Its good to have a striker who can go 70 minutes without touching the ball, then scoring with his first chance, but would it be good to have potentially two players who you might not even realize are on the pitch for a lot of the game? I rate both of them like. Don't think its good for the team to have them on the pitch at the same time though.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Fucking Martins took bullets for us, took bullets NUFC he bled for us and this is how you treat him? He should EXPLODE you all tbh

As good? he can be the best striker in the world with the right coaching.

Definite wind-up.

I don't think Martins is that far from being able to score a ton of goals espescially for a team like Arsenal.

There are some glaring weaknesses to his game which may or may not be cured, but his strengths go a long way to compensating them. He's bloody strong and even players twice his size don't push him off the ball, you won't find anyone quicker, his shooting means he can turn a game on its head and although his touch is bad he's got quick feet and can dribble a ball.

Last season he was playing on his own or alongside Sibierski (who IMO was vastly overrated by many on here) and basically had the task of scoring all of our goals. For a brief while he did it and was winning us games. Put him in a better side with a proper striker partner and watch him go.

I think us Newcastle fans are sick of the word 'potential' because we've heard it all before with players like Jenas, Dyer, Ameobi etc. But I don't see it as a reason to give up on Martins.

We don't need the money. Ultimately it won't be our decision if Wenger triggers the release clause but personally I'd rather hang onto him. Owen is off either this summer or next and Viduka is in the twilight of his career.