Allardyce justifies his 'Bolton like' signings

KaKa

I think Big Sam did an excellent job at Bolton, and I reckon he'll be a good appointment for Newcastle, but I have to say, the football Bolton played at our place last season was the worst I've seen in a long time, constant niggling and physical stuff plus the long ball at every opportunity.

Having said that, you absolutely mugged us for the three points, so it clearly works.

I think he's one of those managers who cuts his cloth accordingly, and we'll see a different approach at Newcastle.

We were all over them at home for 45 minutes but didn't turn up after the break and lost 1-2, I wasn't impressed at all because I felt we lost it rather than them winning it.

Guest trotter58

as long as it's winning football i'll have no complaints.I think bolton were underatted, i was one of the guys to say ''I hate bolton they're crap'' but looking at it sensibly they did play high tempo and good foot ball at times.

Many BWFC supporters were very disgruntled with the football we played under Big Sam. At best it was functional and regimented, at worst it was absolutely dire. True we were successful but crowds have fallen steadily and in part this can be attributed to the football we played sometimes.

I think Big Sam did an excellent job at Bolton, and I reckon he'll be a good appointment for Newcastle, but I have to say, the football Bolton played at our place last season was the worst I've seen in a long time, constant niggling and physical stuff plus the long ball at every opportunity.

Having said that, you absolutely mugged us for the three points, so it clearly works.

I think he's one of those managers who cuts his cloth accordingly, and we'll see a different approach at Newcastle.

He had exactly the same approach at Blackpool and Notts County before he joined BWFC. We finished in the top eight for the last four seasons running. The only teams who accumulated more points than us during that period were Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal, so statistically we were the fifth best team in the country over that period. I doubt that he will change his style for Newcastle. Big Sam's attitude will be 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'!

as long as it's winning football i'll have no complaints.I think bolton were underatted, i was one of the guys to say ''I hate bolton they're crap'' but looking at it sensibly they did play high tempo and good foot ball at times.

Many BWFC supporters were very disgruntled with the football we played under Big Sam. At best it was functional and regimented, at worst it was absolutely dire. True we were successful but crowds have fallen steadily and in part this can be attributed to the football we played sometimes.

He had exactly the same approach at Blackpool and Notts County before he joined BWFC. We finished in the top eight for the last four seasons running. The only teams who accumulated more points than us during that period were Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal, so statistically we were the fifth best team in the country over that period. I doubt that he will change his style for Newcastle. Big Sam's attitude will be 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'!

Wait 'til NE5 see's that. He'll piss fire.  :D

Big Sam was busy with the media today, his broadside at Gartside provoking Bolton fans:

http://www.thisislancashire.co.uk/sport/sportheadlines/display.var.1510475.0.allardyce_blast_at_sad_gartside.php

One of the Bolton fans posted this link:

http://www.spiked-online.com/index.php?/site/article/97/

Duleep Allirajah = WANKER

Who cares? We've had that for years and years. Is this fella a Spud, by any chance?