Liverpool planning for the future

Martin Lol

In the past week Liverpool have signed Mihail Alexandrov, Nikolay Mihailov, Dani Pacheco, Alexander Kacaniklic, Marvin Purie, Mikel San Jose, Krisztian Nemeth and Andras Simon, all aged between 15-18. 

They won't all make the grade but Rafa is definitely trawling through Europe to enhance the quality of youngsters coming through. 

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=474874&CPID=8&clid=14&lid=2&title=Reds+land+another+starlet&channel=football_home

Liverpool have continued their youth recruitment drive with another raid on Bulgaria.

CSKA Sofia midfielder Mihail Alexandrov has announced that he has agreed a deal to move to Anfield.

The 18-year-old told Bulgarian radio that he has already passed a medical with Rafa Benitez's outfit.

Alexandrov revealed that he will finish his current youth season with CSKA before linking up with Liverpool.

"Everything is done - I've passed a medical, agreed terms, the only thing left is to sign the contract," Alexandrov is quoted in the Bulgarian media.

"Even in my most optimistic dreams, I never thought I would move to a club this big."

Alexandrov's capture is Liverpool's second raid on Bulgaria following the capture of Levski goalkeeper Nikolai Mihailov last week.

In the last week the captures of youngsters Dani Pacheco, Alex Kacaniklic, Marvin Purie, Mikel San Jose, Krisztian Nemeth and Andras Simon have all been confirmed.

In the past week Liverpool have signed Mihail Alexandrov, Nikolay Mihailov, Dani Pacheco, Alexander Kacaniklic, Marvin Purie, Mikel San Jose, Krisztian Nemeth and Andras Simon, all aged between 15-18. 

It looks like the names of Northumbria buses latest batch of new drivers.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

:clap:

Guest 22bnw

Maybe hes been looking through the database of FM and buying all the players that are stars by 2010

FIFA have regs for signing players under 18 from other countries, it is not allowed. To get round  this the clubs do a "Barca" & give or find the parents jobs as FIFA cant stop the likes of Ms Mihailov getting a job at ALDI in Liverpool. Barca found the parents of Messi & Dos Santos (IIRC) jobs, not ALDI in Liverpool though.

We should be doing more of this.

I suspect there may be a flipside in years to come though. I can't see local young talent wanting to join an academy full of foreigners plucked from around Europe where their chances might be limited. It's just like young English kids in London know they'd be better off going to West Ham than to Arsenal.

Nevertheless the pros far outweight the cons.

Great for young english talent

Spurs have got 5 1st year Academy players that were in England u16 squads last season, Andros Townsend, Adam Smith, Saulo Asajile, Ryan Mason and Dean Parrett.

There's serious optimism about Parrett and Smith but just as easily could be all of them falling by the wayside over the next couple of years.

We should be doing more of this.

I would prefer dabbling in the Argie & Brazilian market place. We would need a agreement with club in either Belgium or Holland for theses lads to play there until they got EU passports.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

The other day I read an article about Big Sam recognising how much of a youth talent melting pot Portugal is.

Maybe a hint?

The other day I read an article about Big Sam recognising how much of a youth talent melting pot Portugal is.

I saw that. He also said Holland ain't producing.

Elsewhere this summer the Dutch kids won the European U21 tournament

Guest king harry

Great for young english talent

They have also put 7 of there youth team who won the cup on long term contracts. Although Heighway has been sacked as manager

We've heard this all before when Houllier brought in a load of youngsters...

And if the rest of them are as bad as the Levski Sofia goalie they signed then they'll have trouble playing for Blackpool, nevermind Liverpool

Guest jamesmartinsmith

I saw that. He also said Holland ain't producing.

Elsewhere this summer the Dutch kids won the European U21 tournament

I suppose you have a point. Maybe he was talking about Under 20's?

Ah, you too have the Eastern European bus drivers thing going on? You'll struggle to find one from further west than Krakow down here. Bless.

Ah, you too have the Eastern European bus drivers thing going on? You'll struggle to find one from further west than Krakow down here. Bless.

Who is filling the void left behind in Poland? Are the buses in Poland being driven by Africans

Who is filling the void left behind in Poland? Are the buses in Poland being driven by Africans

Mackems tbh.  Might see a good football team while they're over there.

Mackems tbh.  Might see a good football team while they're over there.

I forgot about the 4th world.

And if the rest of them are as bad as the Levski Sofia goalie they signed then they'll have trouble playing for Blackpool, nevermind Liverpool

Your boys will do okay if the following is to go by

Everton manager David Moyes is ready to make his mark on the transfer market with £17million-worth of deals for Phil Jagielka, Alan Smith, Kieran Richardson and Jason Koumas.

Everton manager David Moyes is ready to make his mark on the transfer market with £17million-worth of deals for Phil Jagielka, Alan Smith, Kieran Richardson and Jason Koumas.

Is that sarcasm?

That story is spot on according to the "ITK" and I feel like crying. What a complete waste of money.

Is that sarcasm?

That story is spot on according to the "ITK" and I feel like crying. What a complete waste of money.

I remember seeing an interview with Moyes and he was saying how he hates having to deal in the transfer market, I bet your lot do too if that's the best he can up with! :lol:

FIFA have regs for signing players under 18 from other countries, it is not allowed. To get round  this the clubs do a "Barca" & give or find the parents jobs as FIFA cant stop the likes of Ms Mihailov getting a job at ALDI in Liverpool. Barca found the parents of Messi & Dos Santos (IIRC) jobs, not ALDI in Liverpool though.

Messi was diagnosed with a growth hormone defiecency when he was 11, Barca agreed to pay his medical bills if he signed for them.