Wayne Bridge

thedudeabides

Guest Guinness

Kenyon has just been on SSN saying Chelsea have recieved no offers for any of their players.

Guest David Kelly

Doesn't mean we haven't enquired about Bridge though.

Tbh it means nowt at all as all football people talk shite!

Guest sicko2ndbest

BBC SPORT gossip

Chelsea have bid 4.7 million for Drenthe from feyenoord

Dosnt give a source

This would pave the way for Bridge?

Guest Magpie007

he will not play for chelsea till 2008 as they are goingto allow him to return to holloand on a 1 year loan deal - if the deal gets the go ahead.

Guest Dr. Pongle

BBC SPORT gossip

Chelsea have bid 4.7 million for Drenthe from feyenoord

Dosnt give a source

This would pave the way for Bridge?

I reckon that Drenthe won't be able to cut the mustard in the Prem.

He's a slight frame which doesn't bide well with Premiership football - Crouch an obvious exception.

I'd be amazed if they decide to sell Bridge or if he decides to leave after the season he's just had. If he stays he'll keep Cole out of the team sooner or later and he knows he could become England's main left back.

Sounds like this Drenthe guy is seen as one for the future if they're agreeing to farm him out on loan straight away.

If there is any opportunity for us to sign Bridge though we should go all out to get him.

I'd be amazed if they decide to sell Bridge or if he decides to leave after the season he's just had. If he stays he'll keep Cole out of the team sooner or later and he knows he could become England's main left back.

No he won't. Cole will be the starting left-back next season, it's blatantly obvious. Mourinho would rather play Cole and hope that he becomes the player he should be (largely due to the big-name status and whole hoo-har of actually getting him), rather than play it safe and go with Bridge. Bridge will always be on the fringe there and he needs to get out asap. Same goes for the likes of Wright-Phillips, Geremi, Sidwell, Ben Haim, etc. Wasted talent.

No he won't. Cole will be the starting left-back next season, it's blatantly obvious. Mourinho would rather play Cole and hope that he becomes the player he should be (largely due to the big-name status and whole hoo-har of actually getting him), rather than play it safe and go with Bridge. Bridge will always be on the fringe there and he needs to get out asap. Same goes for the likes of Wright-Phillips, Geremi, Sidwell, Ben Haim, etc. Wasted talent.

Not sure about that, Bridge really did look the part last season and Chelsea fans would prefer him in the starting XI to Cole. That was never the case for Wright-Phillips, Geremi etc.

Guest Bellers

Not sure about that, Bridge really did look the part last season and Chelsea fans would prefer him in the starting XI to Cole. That was never the case for Wright-Phillips, Geremi etc.

The fans can see it, hell Jose can probably see it, but will the powers that be really allow Jose to drop a player that they shelled out so much money and effort on, I doubt it.

As well as this last season has shown how dangerously powerful Kenyon and his dream of reaching a world wide market can be. Cole is a popular international player who's name can be commercialized, Bridge's isn't...

The fans can see it, hell Jose can probably see it, but will the powers that be really allow Jose to drop a player that they shelled out so much money and effort on, I doubt it.

As well as this last season has shown how dangerously powerful Kenyon and his dream of reaching a world wide market can be. Cole is a popular international player who's name can be commercialized, Bridge's isn't...

Well they moved on Crespo even though he's infinitely more marketable than someone like Kalou. Also players like Carvalho and even Essien were not household names until they arrived at Chelsea. In fact, since Kenyon arrived Cole, Ballack and Shevchenko have been their only 'galactico' type signings that come to my mind.

He may or may not displace Cole, but I certainly think he's got a good chance and I think he knows that. Unless he asks for a move they won't be looking to sell.

Well they moved on Crespo even though he's infinitely more marketable than someone like Kalou. Also players like Carvalho and even Essien were not household names until they arrived at Chelsea. In fact, since Kenyon arrived Cole, Ballack and Shevchenko have been their only 'galactico' type signings that come to my mind.

He may or may not displace Cole, but I certainly think he's got a good chance and I think he knows that. Unless he asks for a move they won't be looking to sell.

Tbh, Bridge would be guaranteed 38 games in a black and white shirt. He'd be guaranteed around ten games in a blue one. If he had any sense, he'd bugger off. Totally pointless him staying there when he could get week-in, week-out football at around 16 other Premiership clubs. We'd sustain his wage packet n'all.

Guest Bellers

Chelsea were reluctant to let Crespo go if I remember correctly, he begged them for a move back to Italy which is essentially his second home.

That's the point though it was only last season Kenyon's influence grew, Jose became disgruntled with having to play the likes of Ballack and Cole against his will, it was blatantly obvious to the public there was a major rift between the two. His feet are firmly under the desk and like he did at Man United his influence will grow until he sees a bigger money spinning opportunity, then he'll bugger off out the back door.

As much as I'd like to see Bridge a first team regular next year, he'll be warming the bench for Cole whether Jose likes it or not...

Tbh, Bridge would be guaranteed 38 games in a black and white shirt. He'd be guaranteed around ten games in a blue one. If he had any sense, he'd bugger off. Totally pointless him staying there when he could get week-in, week-out football at around 16 other Premiership clubs. We'd sustain his wage packet n'all.

I agree but I think he'll look at Chelsea and see a team that will challenge for the title, will probably win a trophy and could go all the way in the Champions League. People might say he's not ambitious by staying, but you could say he believes in his ability and wants to be a part of a winning team. Some people would even say he'd be lacking ambition coming to us, a team where he's less likely to win things but could collect the same wages and enjoy less competition. All depends on the angle you look at it.

Bottom line is he seems happy at Chelsea and they're more than happy with him. If we land him he'll be the signing of the summer for us though and I'd be happy to see us put a hefty bid in, even accounting for his injuries in the past. If not Bridge then I'd like us to go for Heinze. I definitely believe it is worth trying to get these players and then moving on if we're unsuccessful. I think we need a signing of that calibre to kick on, espescially in defence.

Tbf, you can't say that it'd be non-ambitious staying at Chelsea. That goes for any player really. IF Bridge really wanted first XI football more than anything, he'd go to us, if he's happy being at the bench and picking up silverware, he stays.

Guest pont-toon

he will not play for chelsea till 2008 as they are goingto allow him to return to holloand on a 1 year loan deal - if the deal gets the go ahead.

is this drenthe dood a left back then ?

if so it would be a strange deal to loan him back to feyenoord as they already have gio van bronckhorst and tim de cler at left back

getting back to bridge the back page of the sunday sun says we are waiting to hear back from chelsea as to his availability

Then let's sign Bridge and loan him to Chelsea for a year!  O0

Guest Invicta_Toon

Mourinho won't pick Bridge over Cole because Cole cost more and he is expected to use him.

and the 'no shit' award goes to....

Guest 22bnw

Mourinho won't pick Bridge over Cole because Cole cost more and he is expected to use him.

and the 'no s***' award goes to....

Me!?

Wow

Can I thank my family, my friends...

Guest Invicta_Toon

and the 'no s***' award goes to....

Me!?

Wow

Can I thank my family, my friends...

*red light*

get off the stage