Peace and understanding at the Emirates!!

Martin Lol

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/article-23403547-details/Gallas+in+attack+on+Gunners+spending/article.do

William Gallas has launched an astonishing attack on Arsenal's transfer activities this summer and raised fresh doubts over his own future at the club.

The French international insists that "several players are questioning the club's future" and urged Arsene Wenger to sign proven match-winners to catch up Chelsea, Manchester United and Liverpool.

Gallas revealed he will be seeking showdown talks with the Arsenal manager and the board when he returns to pre-season training.

In an interview with his own website - posted after Eduardo Da Silva's £10million switch from Dinamo Zagreb - Gallas made a a thinly veiled attack on Wenger's policy of buying and nurturing young, unproven players.

He said: "What is sure, it is that several players are questioning the club's future.

"Around us, all the teams are recruiting but what is planned to compensate for the departure of Titi Henry [to Barcelona]?

"I am not at Arsenal to play for third place. It is necessary to recruit players of reputation because the young players have many qualities but the season is very long.

"The young players are thirsty for victories but Arsenal must obtain results to gain titles. If not, one will have to change policy and do the same as the other teams: recruit with more means."

Gallas returns to pre-season training on Wednesday after spending his summer holidays in Guadeloupe with his family.

The defender said: "I will have a discussion with Arsene Wenger and board members to know the objectives of the club this season and what they wish to set up to build an even more competitive team."

Gallas had a difficult first season at Emirates Stadium after leaving Chelsea under a cloud. He joined as part of the deal that saw Ashley Cole leave for Chelsea.

Asked about his own future, he said: "Today I am at Arsenal but I do not know what can occur tomorrow.

"All happens so quickly in the world of football."

:frantic: :frantic: mackems.gif

Guest teepee

agreed - i really like supporters of other teams visiting our forum, but starting threads about non-nufc stuff is sort of besides the point. if he was linked to us or something i could understand...

Guest Ebolarama

agreed - i really like supporters of other teams visiting our forum, but starting threads about non-nufc stuff is sort of besides the point. if he was linked to us or something i could understand...

Not to be a dick, but it says this beneath the link to this forum: "Anything and everything related to Newcastle United. Non-NUFC football talk also welcome here."

Therefore I don't really see a problem with it. Don't like the sounds of the thread or thread title? I guess the answer is don't click it and read it :)

I agree, wrong place  :shifty:

But, once a moaner, always a moaner, ship him out if we can get a good price and get a good replacement!

Would love to see him here, he'd be just the big name at the back with experience and legs that were crying out for.

Guest Ebolarama

In an interview with his own website...

It makes me wonder if Gallas just isn't a bit naive about the way the internet works. It doubt he would tacitly approve something like that, unless he was stupid or - as previously mentioned - a bellend.

Guest alex

Carragher quitting England has nowt to do with us? Yes or no?

Him and Gallas are coming here.

Would pay through the nose to have a defender of his calibre here, not that he'd move (if he isn't happy playing for 3rd, he aint gonna be happy playing for 6th/7th)

Guest Morph

I like watching the big teams in London, the one's who play stylish football and in big important matches, your Arsenals, Chelseas, West Hams, Millwalls, QPR's, all with good set's of passionate fans - but the rest are whingey fucks who don't care bout their own clubs, who like to go on radio stations and say that they'd like to see there rivals in the conference in 3 years time, the ones who go on other teams message boards and try to convert them into disliking a certain team.  For me, thats a no no.

Would pay through the nose to have a defender of his calibre here, not that he'd move (if he isn't happy playing for 3rd, he aint gonna be happy playing for 6th/7th)

He's playing for 4th at a struggle.

If we signed him, Heinze an equally good RB & Deco then i reckon we've got just a good a shout as Arsenal at 4th spot.

Guest optimistic nit

until we have a general football forum they go in here. i'd rather read about something actually happening than OMG WAT NEW FORMATION WILL WE PLY NXT SEASON etc...

Guest Invicta_Toon

that Arsenal mania forum is funny, they have thread moderation, and talk about this gallas statement is tacked onto page 33 of thread started in January, simply titled 'Gallas' :lol:

Guest Invicta_Toon

until we have a general football forum they go in here. i'd rather read about something actually happening than OMG WAT NEW FORMATION WILL WE PLY NXT SEASON etc...

we had one :lol:

If we signed him, Heinze an equally good RB & Deco then i reckon we've got just a good a shout as Arsenal at 4th spot.

Wouldn't underestimate Arsenal that badly. Providing they don't lose Fabregas they are still the same team as last seasons second half of the season which created a lot of chances that they didnt convert in most matches they didn't win (that i saw anyway, obv exceptions like game v us etc.) and Van Persie was just starting to hit top gear before he got crocked, plus Arsenal seem to perform better when they are being criticsed.

Nah, they've got a manager who has been in the job for a decade and knows the club inside out. You've got one who has just arrived and has a shit load of work to do before you can think about getting 4th - unfair expectations on SA imho.

Nah, they've got a manager who has been in the job for a decade and knows the club inside out. You've got one who has just arrived and has a shit load of work to do before you can think about getting 4th - unfair expectations on SA imho.

Unfair expectations if we signed Heinze, Gallas, a equally good RB & Deco!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

Wouldn't underestimate Arsenal that badly. Providing they don't lose Fabregas they are still the same team as last seasons second half of the season which created a lot of chances that they didnt convert in most matches they didn't win (that i saw anyway, obv exceptions like game v us etc.) and Van Persie was just starting to hit top gear before he got crocked, plus Arsenal seem to perform better when they are being criticsed.

Arsenal are falling apart, if Wenger does stay it looks likely only for a year, remember how our squad reacted to knowing SBR only had a year left. (dyer anyone?)

Henry gone, Wenger going, Cesc uncertain, unknown replacements, Gallas kicking off, fans down hearted, Dein leaving, its not all rosy for them right now, they are more vulnerable this season than last even though their young players have another year under their belts.