Newcastle delisted from the Stock Exchange - Official

madras

planned to be today isn't it ?

The originally stated plan was for de-listing to be 'on or about' 18th July. However, the time it has taken Ashley to gain the required 90% of the remaining shares available after the initial amount he had purchased from Sir John Hall (equating to about 95% of the total shareholding) has taken longer than expected.

So, I think the de-listing date may be later than today, for that reason.

I am not totally certain on this, mind!!

The sooner the better, for me. I would imagine that Ashley will not feel too happy about putting his own money into the club (to buy players, etc) until he feels the club is all his - and delisting from the LSE to form a private company, could well be a significant part of that process for him.

Guest Invicta_Toon

The originally stated plan was for de-listing to be 'on or about' 18th July. However, the time it has taken Ashley to gain the required 90% of the remaining shares available after the initial amount he had purchased from Sir John Hall (equating to about 95% of the total shareholding) has taken longer than expected.

The sooner the better, for me. I would imagine that Ashley will not feel too happy about putting his own money into the club (to buy players, etc) until he feels the club is all his - and delisting from the LSE to form a private company, could well be a significant part of that process for him.

do you have a template for your posts? thry all have the same format, and are all about the same length?

<repeat information obvious to all, with OTT detail>

<token personal doubts>

<sentence about what Ashley/Alardyce is sure to be thinking>

voila, new post!

p.s. the last sentence is absolute shite, what difference would it possibly make

Guest optimistic nit

i think its the first sentance thats shite vic, ashley may well want to wait till its limited before investing, but i don't think that the delay in aquiring 90% will make any difference, if it exists, as he has it now.

Guest Invicta_Toon

the date was fixed donkeys years ago, because it is set when you make your application after reaching >90%

mp invariably talks shite, but you fall asleep before you actually notice it, so he gets away with it ;)

Guest Invicta_Toon

anyway, i'm sure once captain James comes along, he will correctly identify this thread as pointless and lock it

do you have a template for your posts? thry all have the same format, and are all about the same length?

<repeat information obvious to all, with OTT detail>

<token personal doubts>

<sentence about what Ashley/Alardyce is sure to be thinking>

voila, new post!

p.s. the last sentence is absolute s****, what difference would it possibly make

You are a funny guy, Mr Vic. Your posts often (perhaps always) verge on the insane, and this one is no exception!

The answer to your question (I will indulge you) is  -  no.

As to your comment on the last sentence of my post, if you were to think about it, it is simply 'human nature'. I am certain that Mr Ashley is one of those (not so sure about you . .  ) and he will most certainly be more likely to spend his money improving this company when it is his company, than when it is not. I would be tempted, were I addressing anyone else other than you, to give some analogies to illustrate what I mean. I feel that you may treat them with an element of disrespect - so I will not bother.

Guest Invicta_Toon

it's total balls

by what stretch of the imagination can you say he does not own NUFC right now, right this minute

to be fair i agree with manor that ash would rather delist before spending big.

What worries me is that he may not do so until it is too late for the coming season.

Don't get me wrong, what Sam has done already (in terms of new players) has greatly improved things, and his organisation and planning and motivational skills, will improve the squad - as it is now - even further.

But, as Sam has also said, we need to loosen the purse strings and react more quickly, to strengthen the defence.  Ashley needs to invest sooner rather than later.

Hope you are ok with that Vic?

it's total balls

by what stretch of the imagination can you say he does not own NUFC right now, right this minute

I will not debate such an obvious issue, which I have in any case, fully explained already.

Guest Invicta_Toon

it's total balls

I will not debate such an obvious issue, which I have in any case, fully explained already.

you haven't at all. it's his, right now. that's such an obvious fact that you could never dispute it in a million years

The point about Ashley waiting for us to become private is valid but manorparks reasoning is wrong. Its not simply because he wants to wait until the company is "his."

It's because being a listed company has immense reporting and accounting procedures and can hinder the way a company does business, especially if that company needs to move fast in the transfer market. He is waiting to delist before he splashes the cash (not just in transfers, but also in training, staff etc ) because the amount of paperwork needed is much less and he doesnt have to justify any large amounts to the LSE.

edit - its also likely he is waiting till the internal review is over..

Guest Invicta_Toon

you would let a bit of paperwork get in the way of buying top players for your football club?

if he is, he's looking more like a spacka every day, not to mention this must be one of the longest reviews in history, it doesn't take this long to figure out you need to spend money

The point about Ashley waiting for us to become private is valid but manorparks reasoning is wrong. Its not simply because he wants to wait until the company is "his."

It's because being a listed company has immense reporting and accounting procedures and can hinder the way a company does business, especially if that company needs to move fast in the transfer market. He is waiting to delist before he splashes the cash (not just in transfers, but also in training, staff etc ) because the amount of paperwork needed is much less and he doesnt have to justify any large amounts to the LSE.

I may not have said all that specific detail Jai, but that is what I meant by the company being all his (meaning, off the LSE and without all the fuss associated with a PLC).

Guest Invicta_Toon

I may not have said all that specific detail Jai, but that is what I meant by the company being all his (meaning, off the LSE and without all the fuss associated with a PLC).

you so did not mean it that way

Oooh  -  but I am not biting tonight!

apologies manorpark but  I didnt quite get that from your post, and vic its not just a little paperwork, any large amounts have to be fully justified to sharholders, even if you are a 95% shareholder! This means employing people to draw up justifications and minute account details for everything!

But it is more likely he is waiting until the internal review is over and then he will know exactly how much total money is needed. He seems like quite a meticulous man, unlike fatty!

Oooh  -  but I am not biting tonight!

The whole concept of him criticizing OTHER people for being repetetive is actually kind of ironic...

Guest Invicta_Toon

apologies manorpark but  I didnt quite get that from your post, and vic its not just a little paperwork, any large amounts have to be fully justified to sharholders, even if you are a 95% shareholder! This means employing people to draw up justifications and minute account details for everything!

But it is more likely he is waiting until the internal review is over and then he will know exactly how much total money is needed. He seems like quite a meticulous man, unlike fatty!

I kind of think that that paperwork is bypassed when you are in the process of compulsarily purchasing their shares? in fact I would think it's been irrelevent since the day of filing, weeks ago

No cos nufc is still a listed company, and u have to stick by the rules till the bitter end..kind of like marriage.