Newcastle delisted from the Stock Exchange - Official

madras

The point about Ashley waiting for us to become private is valid but manorparks reasoning is wrong. Its not simply because he wants to wait until the company is "his."

It's because being a listed company has immense reporting and accounting procedures and can hinder the way a company does business, especially if that company needs to move fast in the transfer market. He is waiting to delist before he splashes the cash (not just in transfers, but also in training, staff etc ) because the amount of paperwork needed is much less and he doesnt have to justify any large amounts to the LSE.

edit - its also likely he is waiting till the internal review is over..

I may not have said all that specific detail Jai, but that is what I meant by the company being all his (meaning, off the LSE and without all the fuss associated with a PLC).

apologies manorpark but  I didnt quite get that from your post, and vic its not just a little paperwork, any large amounts have to be fully justified to sharholders, even if you are a 95% shareholder! This means employing people to draw up justifications and minute account details for everything!

But it is more likely he is waiting until the internal review is over and then he will know exactly how much total money is needed. He seems like quite a meticulous man, unlike fatty!

Agree he will probably feel he has to do the latter, and he is obviously a meticulous successful businessman. However, let us all hope the review can be concluded soon.

Perhaps though, The 'bigger picture' in this mad world of football club ownership (different from most other businesses) may actually require him to go against his normal behaviour, and take a bit of a time-related chance, prior to full completion of the review (but post-delisting!).

Guest Invicta_Toon

No cos nufc is still a listed company, and u have to stick by the rules till the bitter end..kind of like marriage.

I doubt that, quite a very lot actually.

Guest Invicta_Toon

The point about Ashley waiting for us to become private is valid but manorparks reasoning is wrong. Its not simply because he wants to wait until the company is "his."

It's because being a listed company has immense reporting and accounting procedures and can hinder the way a company does business, especially if that company needs to move fast in the transfer market. He is waiting to delist before he splashes the cash (not just in transfers, but also in training, staff etc ) because the amount of paperwork needed is much less and he doesnt have to justify any large amounts to the LSE.

I may not have said all that specific detail Jai, but that is what I meant by the company being all his (meaning, off the LSE and without all the fuss associated with a PLC).

apologies manorpark but  I didnt quite get that from your post, and vic its not just a little paperwork, any large amounts have to be fully justified to sharholders, even if you are a 95% shareholder! This means employing people to draw up justifications and minute account details for everything!

But it is more likely he is waiting until the internal review is over and then he will know exactly how much total money is needed. He seems like quite a meticulous man, unlike fatty!

Agree he will probably feel he has to do the latter, and he is obviously a meticulous successful businessman. However, let us all hope the review can be concluded soon.

Perhaps though, The 'bigger picture' in this mad world of football club ownership (different from most other businesses) may actually require him to go against his normal behaviour, and take a bit of a time-related chance, prior to full completion of the review (but post-delisting!).

god this is absolutely nauseating, you're talking such crap tbh

meticulous businessman? who researched so thoroughly on how to float a company he lost over half the value of SportsWorld on th stock market in two months due to his own self confessed errors? not even freddie managed that in 10 years!

meticulous businessman? who researched so thoroughly on how to float a company he lost over half the value of SportsWorld on th stock market in two months due to his own self confessed errors? not even freddie managed that in 10 years!

I seem to remember he said his personal errors were "PR" related.  Anyway, even meticulous people do not always get everything right!

Even I was wrong once.

Guest Verlaine

No cos nufc is still a listed company, and u have to stick by the rules till the bitter end..kind of like marriage.

You been married Vic?

He hasn't even kissed a girl, so I doubt it. :lol:

Guest Invicta_Toon

I seem to remember he said his personal errors were "PR" related.  Anyway, even meticulous people do not always get everything right!

Even I was wrong once.

normally I would advise you to go read up on it, but I fear what really happened might come as too much of a shock to you and do you some permanent emotional damage tbh

You been married Vic?

Explains a lot :rolleyes:

Guest Invicta_Toon

You been married Vic?

fingered your sister though emo boy. says she doesn't get enough from you tbh

Even I was wrong once.

normally I would advise you to go read up on it, but I fear what really happened might come as too much of a shock to you and do you some permanent emotional damage tbh

I don't do damage  -  thanks.

Guest Invicta_Toon

p.s. finding out the basic involved parties to a flotation doesn't even begin to come anywhere close to the definition of meticulous

Guest Alan Shearer 9

You been married Vic?

fingered your sister though emo boy. says she doesn't get enough from you tbh

His sister's 13. Fine to crack a joke about that, complain about Maddy's irresponsible parents though and we get the meltdown :lol:

p.s. finding out the basic involved parties to a flotation doesn't even begin to come anywhere close to the definition of meticulous

Back to the real business.

Ashley (for many reasons) will stump up the cash when we have delisted.

He is a very successful ("if not always as meticulous as he might have been" . . .  ) businessman. He will be what we need to (also) be successful.

Guest Invicta_Toon

He is a very successful ("if not always as meticulous as he might have been" . . .  ) businessman. He will be what we need to (also) be successful.

what reasons? why does he not think he owns the club right now? is he simple?

you've ignored the fact he's already stumped up the money, it's Fat Sam who can't land the players, but I really want to see this gem explained

you've ignored the fact he's already stumped up the money, it's Fat Sam who can't land the players, but I really want to see this gem explained

I will not debate such an obvious issue, which I (and Jai) have in any case fully explained already.

Guest Invicta_Toon

I will not debate such an obvious issue, which I (and Jai) have in any case fully explained already.

you haven't explained it all, because you can't.

there is no reason why he would not spend money now, that's a fact.

you haven't explained it all, because you can't.

there is no reason why he would not spend money now, that's a fact.

He may surprise me!!  I hope he does.

Anyway, it's been a long day, think I'll just go and see if she is still awake . . . .  in fact who cares, won't let that get in the way!

Goodnight.

Guest optimistic nit

you would let a bit of paperwork get in the way of buying top players for your football club?

i would say no, but at the same time i would wait until i've sorted all the backroom issues before having a big discussion over players. if sam wants someone, i'm sure he can have him, but it may be that a real discussion on the matter will not be done until the mess, this included, is sorted out.

Guest Brazilianbob

it's total balls

by what stretch of the imagination can you say he does not own NUFC right now, right this minute

I will not debate such an obvious issue, which I have in any case, fully explained already.

you haven't at all. it's his, right now. that's such an obvious fact that you could never dispute it in a million years

Technically, Ashley does not "own" NUFC until he has purchased the remaining 5% of shares.  Until that point he is simply the major shareholder in a listed company.

Granted he has started the ball rolling to compulsorily purchase the remaining 5% of shares and to delist the company, but until he has done so, it is perfectly feasible to dispute that he "owns" NUFC.  This term is quite distinct from the understanding that he "will own" the club once he has purchased the remaining shares.

I know I am being pedantic, but there you go!

Guest nufc_geordie

I would like to think so but I doubt it. Only last week, either Chris Mort or a minion released a statement saying that as a goodwill gesture they were extending the deadline into August for fans to sell their shares to Mike Ashley before they went ahead with the compulsary purchase order.

Even I was wrong once.

He sure learned that lesson well.

I was told in another thread that Mort has been running things for months (before he was even appointed to the board) without the old board having any involvement. Is that in the rules?

As a number of people in this thread are in the "wait for the review" camp, can someone please answer my questions here. Cheers.

Even I was wrong once.

He sure learned that lesson well.

I was told in another thread that Mort has been running things for months (before he was even appointed to the board) without the old board having any involvement. Is that in the rules?

As a number of people in this thread are in the "wait for the review" camp, can someone please answer my questions here. Cheers.

Well technically you don't have to be a board memeber to run things inside a company, the board would ratify any major decisions but (from my experience) its non board memebers who actually make the decisions on a day to day basis