Newcastle delisted from the Stock Exchange - Official

madras

Guest Guinness

Can't really see how this changes anything in regards to signings etc.

If it means that Ashley is now prepared to spend some of HIS own cash within the club, then it changes things a lot.

if ?

like plenty have already said the delisting wouldn't make a difference business wise.yes any acquisitions would have to be announced to the stock exchange and that may cost money but is tiny compared to the ammount we'd have to spend by losing out on the players needed.

I don't know who these "plenty" are, but they are wrong.

There are probably more knowledgeable people on here about this subject, who can explain it better than I could, but having your own private limited company is about as different as you can get to running a public, listed, having-to-account-for-eveything PLC.

me,vic and keefaz on this page alone and it's been covered in hte main takeover thread.

yes i know it is different running a private concern to a PLC. but i've yet to read one decent reason why he'd hang on till delisting knowikng that would happen anyway.

Either way, are we all in agreement (do you think) that Ashley should now put his money where his mouth is(n't)?

aye

and the sooner the better!

I agree about seeing some investment.

I too don't believe the delisting of the club will have a major impact on any transfer dealings. Since he gained Freddy's shares he's had control enabling him to make all of the decisions. While being a private company does mean you don't have to disclose business activity to the stock exchange it won't make much of a difference as to what he is doing at the club. It's probably the strategic review coupled with inexperience that have held things up so far. Hopefully these are being sorted as we speak and we'll see Allardyce get the defenders he needs shortly.

normally I would advise you to go read up on it, but I fear what really happened might come as too much of a shock to you and do you some permanent emotional damage tbh

Vic, you've lost this one before so I'm a bit surprised you try it again, I'm sure Wullie had the shares in nufc as being below 20p, down from 135p.

Glad that this has finally been done, puts like an 'official end' to Ashley's takeover.

Almost 2 months in the making.

Been madness all the way.

Once the fat one has left, it will properly feel like a new era has begun, like people have said, lets hope the signals an improvement in spending, as its been a piss poor effort so far.

The point about Ashley waiting for us to become private is valid but manorparks reasoning is wrong. Its not simply because he wants to wait until the company is "his."

It's because being a listed company has immense reporting and accounting procedures and can hinder the way a company does business, especially if that company needs to move fast in the transfer market. He is waiting to delist before he splashes the cash (not just in transfers, but also in training, staff etc ) because the amount of paperwork needed is much less and he doesnt have to justify any large amounts to the LSE.

edit - its also likely he is waiting till the internal review is over..

I may not have said all that specific detail Jai, but that is what I meant by the company being all his (meaning, off the LSE and without all the fuss associated with a PLC).

apologies manorpark but  I didnt quite get that from your post, and vic its not just a little paperwork, any large amounts have to be fully justified to sharholders, even if you are a 95% shareholder! This means employing people to draw up justifications and minute account details for everything!

But it is more likely he is waiting until the internal review is over and then he will know exactly how much total money is needed. He seems like quite a meticulous man, unlike fatty!

Agree he will probably feel he has to do the latter, and he is obviously a meticulous successful businessman. However, let us all hope the review can be concluded soon.

Perhaps though, The 'bigger picture' in this mad world of football club ownership (different from most other businesses) may actually require him to go against his normal behaviour, and take a bit of a time-related chance, prior to full completion of the review (but post-delisting!).

god this is absolutely nauseating, you're talking such crap tbh

meticulous businessman? who researched so thoroughly on how to float a company he lost over half the value of SportsWorld on th stock market in two months due to his own self confessed errors? not even freddie managed that in 10 years!

He pocketed £929m in one day by selling 43% of his company. Fred would never have done that.

His mistake was not appointing a PR team and he got the backs up of the financial press. When they slated him he initially refused to deal with them but was then persuaded to hire a PR team and sort it out. During this initial phase the sentiment in the company fell away and the shares lost their value. Not that he is arsed as that means he pays out less in dividends and he still gets to keep the £929m in his back pocket. It also doesnt in one jot affect the financial performance of the business.

Remember when you sell a share its only the selling price that matters not what happens to it later. I cant be arsed to check the P/E ratio versus others in his sector but all it probably means is the share is under-valued.

Guest Toon83

Maybe now that we have been officially delisted we can go and get some big name defenders to shore up the backline alongside Tayls and Rozehnal, an experienced defender and a couple of full backs for both sides would be ideal

I'm with Vic here. It does not make a fucking difference that the company is now de-listed when Ashley already knew that it was going to happen. If he was going to spend any money in the past couple of weeks, he would have. He wasn't waiting for the de-listing to commence any 'spending spree', which if it did occur right now, would be a mere coincidence or actually related to the completion of the internal review, rather than related to the de-listing.

I'm with Vic here. It does not make a f****** difference that the company is now de-listed when Ashley already knew that it was going to happen. If he was going to spend any money in the past couple of weeks, he would have. He wasn't waiting for the de-listing to commence any 'spending spree', which if it did occur right now, would be a mere coincidence or actually related to the completion of the internal review, rather than related to the de-listing.

I am looking forward to quite a few "coincidences" then!  Lets hope so, eh?