is it really so hard?

Guest LucasUnger

Bring back Freddie Shepherd I say.

At least he backed his managers.

it really looks like this atm

Give over man. :lol:

Give it a bit of time before making judgements, Ashley has only just completed a full takeover and you expect him to be flouncing around 20 odd million in a business he's new to. We don't know how Sheperd did his dealings, it was probably all borrowed or a lot of it was which didn't help our financial state and not forgetting buying and selling players without the managers say so, lets just wait and see what happens.

How do you know Ashley won't buy players without the managers say so?

Everybody believes that he's looking for a "World superstar" to show his intent for the club and even Allardyce had to come out and say he wanted defenders first, defenders that the board seem to not want to free the cash up for in a hurry.

That was my main point, everyone seems to be assuming things at this early stage, we can't make judgement until the window has closed and the season progresses.

well i don't want to start with 2 point from 4 games though.

Ashley does? the only way he makes money is through the success of Newcastle United, there's still 3 weeks to bring in players before the 1st game at Bolton, if we haven't done much then, that's the time to worry.

It's not, he knows as well as anyone else that 50,000 will turn out for most Premiership games even if we're around mid table, if he really wants to make money out of Newcastle he can easily operate on a small budget and take the new tv deal money for himself.

So you think he invested 170m or whatever it was to buy Newcastle to pick up crowd and t.v revenue? he already owns several companies and earns a hell of a lot of money. I seriously doubt he's spent so much on the club to just make a tidy profit, i think fans are forgetting the fact he's just spent so much on the club and expect him to hand out another 50m.

He's bought the club to make money, Mort has already said the bloke isn't even a fan of the club.

Why do you think he's bought the club?

To spunk all of his money on transfers to make the fans happy?

I'd like to see him make profit on a team which is languishing mid-table or slightly higher.

He is going to want to make as much money as he can out of us, he wont do that running us as an average club. What clubs recently taken over haven't invested?

You can't use others as a yard stick, most have spent to try and avoid relegation so they don't lose the tv money if they go down.

If Ashley thinks the team is good enough to qualify for the uefa cup with the squad we've got then why would he risk losing £50 million of his own money on trying to get us into the CL when there's a good chance we won't after spending that anyway.

Bring back Freddie Shepherd I say.

At least he backed his managers.

it really looks like this atm

Give over man. :lol:

Give it a bit of time before making judgements, Ashley has only just completed a full takeover and you expect him to be flouncing around 20 odd million in a business he's new to. We don't know how Sheperd did his dealings, it was probably all borrowed or a lot of it was which didn't help our financial state and not forgetting buying and selling players without the managers say so, lets just wait and see what happens.

How do you know Ashley won't buy players without the managers say so?

Everybody believes that he's looking for a "World superstar" to show his intent for the club and even Allardyce had to come out and say he wanted defenders first, defenders that the board seem to not want to free the cash up for in a hurry.

That was my main point, everyone seems to be assuming things at this early stage, we can't make judgement until the window has closed and the season progresses.

well i don't want to start with 2 point from 4 games though.

Ashley does? the only way he makes money is through the success of Newcastle United, there's still 3 weeks to bring in players before the 1st game at Bolton, if we haven't done much then, that's the time to worry.

It's not, he knows as well as anyone else that 50,000 will turn out for most Premiership games even if we're around mid table, if he really wants to make money out of Newcastle he can easily operate on a small budget and take the new tv deal money for himself.

So you think he invested 170m or whatever it was to buy Newcastle to pick up crowd and t.v revenue? he already owns several companies and earns a hell of a lot of money. I seriously doubt he's spent so much on the club to just make a tidy profit, i think fans are forgetting the fact he's just spent so much on the club and expect him to hand out another 50m.

He's bought the club to make money, Mort has already said the bloke isn't even a fan of the club.

Why do you think he's bought the club?

To spunk all of his money on transfers to make the fans happy?

I'd like to see him make profit on a team which is languishing mid-table or slightly higher.

Our squad is good enough for a top 8 finish which is pretty much uefa cup qualification, with a review of the business aimed at bringing outgoings down the club could easily be at a point where they break even without the new tv money, with it they could make £30 million profit a year.

What the hell's not being a fan of the club got to do with it?

Roman is hardly a born and bred West Londoner.

Abramovich is slightly different don't you think?

His spending suggests he's not in it for the money.

He is going to want to make as much money as he can out of us, he wont do that running us as an average club. What clubs recently taken over haven't invested?

You can't use others as a yard stick, most have spent to try and avoid relegation so they don't lose the tv money if they go down.

If Ashley thinks the team is good enough to qualify for the uefa cup with the squad we've got then why would he risk losing £50 million of his own money on trying to get us into the CL when there's a good chance we won't after spending that anyway.

Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester United did bloody well avoiding relegation.

Who said Ashley was? Are you assuming that because he hasn't spent money yet? He's only been here five minutes man.

And are competing for the title, we're miles off them and what it would take in terms of investment to catch them isn't worth the rewards financially.

And are competing for the title, we're miles off them and what it would take in terms of investment to catch them isn't worth the rewards financially.

I am certain Ashley will invest heavily in the club to improve our position.

Who said Ashley was? Are you assuming that because he hasn't spent money yet? He's only been here five minutes man.

I'm assuming he's here to make money as that's what he's about, let me rephrase what I've said about Abramovich, he's taking a risk with his money which means there is a good chance he won't make it back, however he'll have the fallback of owning the land that Stamford Bridge is on which is worth a fortune anyway.

Why do you think he's here Wullie?

Baggio mate, there is no way in the world anyone buys a business with the express intention of 'holding revenues steady'. This is part of an overall growth strategy, just like every other major business deal done on the planet.

I dont know whether the funds are available or not but we should try and remember that even offering silly money for a player, does not mean they would want to come here. It seems sam has been turned down on a couple of occasions and is now chasing lesser targets. He could also be waiting for the right players, a very risky approach as he himself has been at pains to point out.

For me, money is available but the targetted players are not willing to come (Heinze for example). Just because he hasnt spent it doesnt mean its not there.

The points about the review of the club and Ashley being new and needing time not only miss the above point, its also wrong, as Shinawatra at Man city proves. 

wullie, glad some sees it the same way as me! think most toon fans wont think hes good till he spends 25 million on puyol or equivalent...but in all honestly which highly rated football professional is going to want to play for nufc?we offer nothing apart from the premiership and even then a MAYBE top 10 finish. we need to think who will want to play for us and help us get to the side we want to be.

His own money or the clubs money made through the new tv deal?

If it's only the tv money then he won't be doing anything that Shepherd wouldn't have done as far as investing in players goes.

If it's only the tv money then he won't be doing anything that Shepherd wouldn't have done as far as investing in players goes.

If he invests his own money it will be with the intention of getting it back, he isn't here for the love of the club or anything. But he will want to make us one of the best teams in the country/Europe as it will earn him money quicker.

I'm assuming he's here to make money as that's what he's about, let me rephrase what I've said about Abramovich, he's taking a risk with his money which means there is a good chance he won't make it back, however he'll have the fallback of owning the land that Stamford Bridge is on which is worth a fortune anyway.

I don't know why he's here - but I find it bizarre that you just assume he's here for money and that all the other Premiership investors are here for footballing reasons.

If he wants to make money, there are about a million ways to make it rich before paying £130m to buy a football club - Ashley should know, he's a billionaire and you think he's come here for the, what, £30m a year you said? That's peanuts to Ashley, and he'll have to spend some of that even if he wants the club to just stand still. It'll take him five years to break even. :lol:

'Sources' from inside the club via the press suggest he wants to go very big and make us one of the biggest in Europe. Now that might be bollocks, but so is assuming that because he hasn't lashed £50m up the wall in the first month that he's here for cash.

Baggio, about 5 posts ago you were suggesting he might try and bring a world star in under the manager's nose, now you're saying he might not put his own money in at all. The two views don't really marry up for me.

I don't know why he's here - but I find it bizarre that you just assume he's here for money and that all the other Premiership investors are here for footballing reasons.

If he wants to make money, there are about a million ways to make it rich before paying £130m to buy a football club - Ashley should know, he's a billionaire and you think he's come here for the, what, £30m a year you said? That's peanuts to Ashley, and he'll have to spend some of that even if he wants the club to just stand still. It'll take him five years to break even. :lol:

'Sources' from inside the club via the press suggest he wants to go very big and make us one of the biggest in Europe. Now that might be bollocks, but so is assuming that because he hasn't lashed £50m up the wall in the first month that he's here for cash.

Where have I said all other Premiership investors are here to make money? Link?

The fact is it's going to cost him big money to get Newcastle into the CL, is the potential profit worth the initial investment to get us there?

I don't agree with Baggio but he's got every right to be concerned at this stage as none of us know for sure what Ashley wants from or for the club, we'll probably not know for at least another year or so, actions speak louder than words and we'll not really see how things are going to go straight away.

The clubs money is his money because he owns the club, for the first time in our clubs history we have a sole owner.

The fact is it's going to cost him big money to get Newcastle into the CL, is the potential profit worth the initial investment to get us there?

I didn't say that, I said the opposite.

Aye, I know you did, it was a typo.

Anyway, where have I said all other Premiership investors are here for footballing reasons? Link?

Anyway, where have I said all other Premiership investors are here for footballing reasons? Link?

You said that Abramovich's spending suggests he's not in it for the money - but West Ham, Man Utd, Liverpool and Man City, among others like Pompey, are already spending big, so we can assume they're not in it for the money either.

You said that Abramovich's spending suggests he's not in it for the money - but West Ham, Man Utd, Liverpool and Man City, among others like Pompey, are already spending big, so we can assume they're not in it for the money either.

Man Utd make close to £50 million profit every year, there level of spending isn't out of the ordinary for them, Liverpool are similar but on a smaller scale, they've spent a lot but made close to £20 million in sales.

Pompey, West Ham and Man City haven't spent that much this summer, less than we spent some seasons under Shepherd in fact.