Dippers reveal stadium plans

NSG

Guest Gemmill

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/6800/44019535liverpool416bi9.jpg

:lol:  Looks like a shitty new college building.

Guest Gemmill

It'll cost them fuck all to demolish Anfield anyway.  The dippers will do it for them brick by brick on the last day of the season with their "souvenir hunting". 

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/newstadium/images/2007/edit-0707-STADIUM-in1.jpg

Looks good, at least it's different to the 80% concrete stadiums that have been built lately.

I'm all for different designs and something special but that thing is just horrendous.

Its pig ugly, and has a lot of shit built on it just to look different, not to do anything or make it a better building.

What a load of pretentious American trash.

Rafa: "Er, i like it, its different, its got windows and stuff"

Whooo, am sold!

Guest trotter58

I'm all for different designs and something special but that thing is just horrendous.

Its pig ugly, and has a lot of s*** built on it just to look different, not to do anything or make it a better building.

I completely agree. What a mess! Apparently it was re-designed by American architects and like most U.S. sports stadiums, it's just functional and incredibly ugly. Personally i'd be suprised if it gets planning permission in it's current format, since it's in the middle of Stanley Park. I'd be interested to hear what the Liverpool supporters think of it, especially since the original designs were completely different to this.

Things built on it to look different >>>>>>> looking exactly the same as everything else.

Not my point.

Decent architects these days build features into buildings for a reason, they don't just throw up lumps of metal in stupid places to hide the fact they've done a shite job.

It hasn't even passed the city council yet, and i doubt it will looking like that.

For starters they'll make no money when the fans start hiring double deckers and parking it outside the windows for free.

Its pig ugly, and has a lot of s*** built on it just to look different, not to do anything or make it a better building.

I completely agree. What a mess! Apparently it was re-designed by American architects and like most U.S. sports stadiums, it's just functional and incredibly ugly. Personally i'd be suprised if it gets planning permission in it's current format, since it's in the middle of Stanley Park. I'd be interested to hear what the Liverpool supporters think of it, especially since the original designs were completely different to this.

SP, grade 2 Victorian listed park to have a big lump of junk slapped bang in the middle as some yanks think they can do whatever they like?

Aye, i agree, it wont be looking like that after LC council have a pot shot at it.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Very American

Welcome to the budweiser stadium

I have a feeling it is the new Wembley in terms of spiraling costs. They will do very weel to complete it for 300 million.

Isnt it amazing how things change in 2 months. At the start of the window Newcastle were signing top players, new owner real feel good factor. Liverpool were complaining about lack of transfer activity, potential unrest between Rafa and new owners.

2 months later, Torres, Benayoun, Babel, new stadium. Newcastle cant attract anyone of significance and the new Owners wont release funds.

What was that Greavsie used to say?

has it been "given the go ahead" though? because they previously had the go ahead for a 60k seater but have re-submitted full plans (i.e. this). I reckon it'll be quite a while before this bad boy is accepted.

I'd be interested to hear what the Liverpool supporters think of it, especially since the original designs were completely different to this.

http://forum.football365.com/index.php?t=msg&th=373884

Do you like it?[ 60 vote(s) ]

1. I am a Liverpool fan and yes, I like it 28 / 47%

2. I am a Liverpool fan and no, I don't like it 2 / 3%

3. I am not a Liverpool fan and yes, I like it 10 / 17%

4. I am not a Liverpool fan and no, I don't like it 15 / 25%

5. meh 5 / 8%

has it been "given the go ahead" though? because they previously had the go ahead for a 60k seater but have re-submitted full plans (i.e. this). I reckon it'll be quite a while before this bad boy is accepted.

That is the plan for the 60k seater stadium, theres another one for the 78k, neither have been accepted, only planning permission granted for the 60K, both buildings are yet to be ran past the council and other authorities.

They'll get the go ahead for 60k then apply for the extenstion after they start building it.

They'll get the go ahead for 60k then apply for the extenstion after they start building it.

Its not an extension, its a totally different building from what i've seen on SSN's.

I think it looks nice, actually. Will they fill their 78K week in, week out though?

Can't see how since they struggle to fill Anfeild during the week as the Norwegian fans only come across at the weekend. (what i've heard a few times from LFC fans)

Very American

Welcome to the budweiser stadium

I have a feeling it is the new Wembley in terms of spiraling costs. They will do very weel to complete it for 300 million.

Isnt it amazing how things change in 2 months. At the start of the window Newcastle were signing top players, new owner real feel good factor. Liverpool were complaining about lack of transfer activity, potential unrest between Rafa and new owners.

2 months later, Torres, Benayoun, Babel, new stadium. Newcastle cant attract anyone of significance and the new Owners wont release funds.

What was that Greavsie used to say?

£300m is the base price for the stadium at 60k, and without any demolition costs, or infrastructure costs, then they've got the usual delays.

How can it be a totally different building when they're going to start building the 60k stadium before they get permission for the extra seats, which could take years?

Guest Morph

I like the look of it.  I'll also like the look on the scally's faces when ticket prices are bumped to help fund it.