Taylor in England squad.

James

Just out of interest, why do people proactively not want Taylor to play for England in a FRIENDLY versus Germany at Wembley?

It\\\'s only a friendly, and based on commitment, Taylor should deserve it in the eyes of all NUFC fans.

Because he\\\'s not good enough yet.

and will never be good enough

Agree Bramble will never be good enough, but Taylor???  I would include him in the squad for Germany to make a debut from the bench.  I think Dawson has just got the edge right now but I can see Taylor being better by the end of the season. 

Guest elbee909

It's funny - seems to me that many of the people who are assured of Taylor's supposed shitness would be first in line to naysay similarly against England and say they're shite as well.  Can't have it both ways - if England are shit, then Taylor's easily good enough for them, eh?

Not fussed. He isnt good enough yet and is never going to be of the standard of Woodgate, Terry or Ferdinand. He has some way to go to get to Wes Browns level tbh

Still think he'll do well to get in our side this season never mind Englands. Too many folk with black and white blinkers on. This isnt 'hoping' he'll fail or saying he's shite. Just  an observation that he has a hell of a long way to go. Sam playing him down was a very wise move.

Played for England U21's & B team last season so he is close to being picked for the national team regardless of what people think.

Not good enough?!? You people are about 20 years to late with remarks like that, a England international  no longer equals being a class player. The Swede & Turnip being the biggest culprits of devaluing the England cap.

Good luck to the lad if he does get picked. People in Glasgow reckon Lee twating Naylor should get picked for England, same crowd wanted AlanThompson capped as well & Sven eventually gave into this mob :frantic:

Seeing as it's only a friendly, I see no point in bringing an older player like Campbell back. Makes much more sense to bring someone young in who may one day be able to do a job, and learn a thing or two about him in the process. Taylor's a good shout for that. Giving him a chance in a friendly when there are several injuries at once does not mean to say he's good enough for the England team, it's just an opportunity to give one of the up and coming players a chance and Taylor fits that profile.

Guest Spark

How people can say "he'll never be good enough" is beyond me. He's good on the ball, has pace, strength and gives everything for the team. Fair enough he makes mistakes now and then but there's no reason to believe he won't iron those out. A very good prospect!

Guest black

As selfish as it sounds I'd rather at this moment in time he was nowhere near the England set-up for fear of him being injured unnecessarily when he over commits in training trying to impress McClaren.

Guest unrealterrorist

Not fussed. He isnt good enough yet and is never going to be of the standard of Woodgate, Terry or Ferdinand. He has some way to go to get to Wes Browns level tbh

Still think he'll do well to get in our side this season never mind Englands. Too many folk with black and white blinkers on. This isnt 'hoping' he'll fail or saying he's s****. Just  an observation that he has a hell of a long way to go. Sam playing him down was a very wise move.

You are having a laff he is on the way to being a 1st class centre half and its just not me with my "black and white blinkers on" evey lad i work with and thats including 1 leeds 2 man u 2 liverpool 1 smb agree he is raw but going to be a excellent centre half. Chirst even Tony Adams has said it.

How people can say "he'll never be good enough" is beyond me. He's good on the ball, has pace, strength and gives everything for the team. Fair enough he makes mistakes now and then but there's no reason to believe he won't iron those out. A very good prospect!

Not slow, not quick. Certainly wouldnt say pace was one of his attributes. A good prospect shouldnt be playing for the national side. He needs time. People with daft expectations won't help. Thats why Sam has spent time pointing out that he has a lot to learn.

He may well give everything. At the moment 'everything' isnt enough at that level. Think people need to get some perspective tbh

Guest firetotheworks

He can get on the bench at best at the moment. Dawson is way more accomplished at the moment in my opinion.

Guest unrealterrorist

He can get on the bench at best at the moment. Dawson is way more accomplished at the moment in my opinion.

If he doesnt get sent off  ;D

• 2 weeks later...

Some media saying today that with Carragher's refusal to return, and Campbell's injured and out of favour, so it will be Taylor getting the call.

So four of our current squad will be in the next England squad, or even five if Milner gets the chance he deserves.

Guest Toonie

What options are there for defense for this game:

Rio

Richards

Taylor

Cole?

Brown

would Dawson be considered?

Thats all  can think of

Lescott tbh.

Agreed that Lescott is the better defender, but age wise, by the time our current lot become too old, Lescott will be getting on a bit, meaning it would be a better investment to give younger defenders the experience.

Guest Geordiesned

The under 21 squad just flashed up on Sky - I saw Milner was in it but missed the defenders to see if Taylor was omitted.

Lescott tbh.

Agreed that Lescott is the better defender, but age wise, by the time our current lot become too old, Lescott will be getting on a bit, meaning it would be a better investment to give younger defenders the experience.

Fucking hell, Lescott has only just turned 25 today, and you're already saying he's too old? He could play for England for the next 10 years. You can't pick and choose who to play based on the age of other squad players. :lol:

Guest Newbie

The under 21 squad just flashed up on Sky - I saw Milner was in it but missed the defenders to see if Taylor was omitted.

He's in the U21 squad