How can we fit in the new players who didn't played last night?

Guest niina

Guest Immsy7

The only real problem I saw with our team yesterday was a lack of good playmakers in the team. Playing Smith, Geremi and Butt in midfield makes you hard to break down and while all of them are decent passers of the ball, none of them truly stand out in that department (even though I havnt seen enough of Geremi to pass judgement of him). Also with Martins as right winger/forward might not be the best for a fluid passing game.

All in all, looking of what might be the fundations of a great team, I personally think 4-3-3 is the way to go, but what I think we should ge into the side is better passers of the ball. Replacing Butt down the line with a playmaker and Smith as the holding midfielder, adding perhaps a better rightback with some skill in that could go some way. In the second half we really could have profited from having the ability to play a bit of a barca style, keeping the ball in the team etc.

tbf, the cm picked itself yesterday due to the injuries we have, i also feel that the midfield we played was perfect for an awy trip to a team like Bolton, but a playmamker will be needed for home games against teams that will sit back. Is Emre the man to do it?

The only real problem I saw with our team yesterday was a lack of good playmakers in the team. Playing Smith, Geremi and Butt in midfield makes you hard to break down and while all of them are decent passers of the ball, none of them truly stand out in that department (even though I havnt seen enough of Geremi to pass judgement of him). Also with Martins as right winger/forward might not be the best for a fluid passing game.

All in all, looking of what might be the fundations of a great team, I personally think 4-3-3 is the way to go, but what I think we should ge into the side is better passers of the ball. Replacing Butt down the line with a playmaker and Smith as the holding midfielder, adding perhaps a better rightback with some skill in that could go some way. In the second half we really could have profited from having the ability to play a bit of a barca style, keeping the ball in the team etc.

tbf, the cm picked itself yesterday due to the injuries we have, i also feel that the midfield we played was perfect for an awy trip to a team like Bolton, but a playmamker will be needed for home games against teams that will sit back. Is Emre the man to do it?

True that, I am very much positive about the look of the team and think that the three in CM are great. But with a lack of creativity from much of the other positions as well I think that is what will keep us from truly challenging for the absolute top spots in the league.

Emre to do it? Well, maybe though he hasnt impressed me to much when I´ve seen him tbh. Would love a Deco type in there but also loved the team that won so its a hard one. Smith shouldnt be dropped though, love him right now:)

Guest jamesmartinsmith

The only real problem I saw with our team yesterday was a lack of good playmakers in the team.

Emre.

Smith could play as an attacking midfielder, after all, he is a striker.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

I thought geremi was a playmaker, though he wasnt really on saturday.

Emre certainly isnt the man.  There is only a 2 in 7* chance of him turning up

*true fact

I think now Emre is dedicated to our club and resisted offers from Turkey and Germany he and Barton can prove to be the centre-midfield we need.

Guest microbar

When Jose Enrique gets to match fitness... zoggy wont be playing at left back but further up the park.

Zoggy would have a very similar role to james milner playing on either side of the front three and can drop back to form a 5 man midfield when we need to

Joey Barton coming into the team can see alan smith push up front (although he looked VERY solid with geremi and butt last night)

Duff luque and owen would be great cover for any of our attackers. Especially with the pace of duff martins and owen which would be exploited on the sides of the front three while viduka luque and ameobi in the middle.

Im really liking this 4-3-3 were playing right now.

Duff luque and owen would be great cover for any of our attackers.

Dont think Owen would be happy to keep the subs bench warm when Fit,

Especially If an england game is around the corner.  :frantic:

Guest zerocipher

When Jose Enrique gets to match fitness... zoggy wont be playing at left back but further up the park.

Zoggy would have a very similar role to james milner playing on either side of the front three and can drop back to form a 5 man midfield when we need to

Joey Barton coming into the team can see alan smith push up front (although he looked VERY solid with geremi and butt last night)

Duff luque and owen would be great cover for any of our attackers. Especially with the pace of duff martins and owen which would be exploited on the sides of the front three while viduka luque and ameobi in the middle.

Im really liking this 4-3-3 were playing right now.

Duff luque and owen would be great cover for any of our attackers.

Dont think Owen would be happy to keep the subs bench warm when Fit,

Especially If an england game is around the corner.  :frantic:

That might mean that for once, Owen could actually play for real for us to try and earn his place. Would be fecking class, eh?

I thought geremi was a playmaker, though he wasnt really on saturday.

Emre certainly isnt the man.  There is only a 2 in 7* chance of him turning up

*true fact

I think now Emre is dedicated to our club and resisted offers from Turkey and Germany he and Barton can prove to be the centre-midfield we need.

Didnt he supposedly reject clubs last summer?

Do people believe that there's a chance that Enrique will start against Villa on Saturday? I believe that he will start on the bench and coming on after 60-70 minutes depending on how the game stands at that moment.

------------------------------------- Given --------------------------------------

Solano ---------------- Taylor ------------ Rozehnal -------------- Enrique

Milner ---------------- Geremi ------------ Barton ---------------- N'Zogbia

------------------------- Viduka ----------- Owen -----------------------------

and/or

------------------------------------- Given --------------------------------------

Solano ---------------- Taylor ------------ Rozehnal ------------ N'Zogbia

------------------------------------ Geremi -------------------------------------

----------------------- Barton ----------------- Smith -------------------------

-- Martins ------------------------------------------------------------ Milner --

------------------------------------ Viduka --------------------------------------

When all fully fit, IMO. :D

Best thing about this situation is that most of the midfield players seem to be mature guys with a good attitude to both the game and the situation - Smith will know, as will the likes of Geremi & Butt, that you need a decent squad to have any hope of long-term success, and they will accept that sometimes they are in the team & sometimes not, depending on injuries, opposition, whether home ar away etc.

The ones who will be hardest to keep happy are the strikers - Viduka will have injuries from time to time, but will be in the side if fit(we don't have a better CF/Target man), but Owen and Martins will be fighting for the same spot and neither will want to be dropped - Owen because of his England ambitions, and Martins because he has other clubs interested..

Milner will accept being in & out for tactical reasons or loss of form, but Zoggy could be a problem..

Either way, its a nice problem to have, but we could are still vulnerable to injuries to the forwards, esp goalscorers..

with the whole squad fit and assuming sam will play 4-3-3 I'll go for this team:

--------------Given-------------------

Carr----Taylor---Roz------Enrique

----Barton----Geremi------Smith---

Martins-------Viduka-----------Zoggy

The only two people I'd have doubts about would be Milner for Zog & Owen for Viduka.

Guest Sniffer

Barton is a must in the centre of the park.. If Owen regains fitness and starts scoring as he used to then he's a must up front. These are two class players that can compete at the very top level. N'zogbia still has question marks IMO about both his attitude and ability before he's in the " must " category.

I also beleive that if something isn't broken - don't fix it.

Will sam adopt this attitude when the injured players come back???

While the team worked well on the weekend, beating a Bolton who were in disarray by putting away a few early goals is not the same as, say, a trip to Stamford Bridge. Whilst Carr and Zoggy might have acquitted themselves well on the weekend, I'm sure Sam won't expect that to translate into similar results if they are up against Ronaldo, or Kewell, or Malouda. I think he will be tactically astute enough to use different players, and even perhaps different formations, depending on opponents. Actually now that I've typed that it makes me realise how ridiculous is was that Roeder was ever appointed, when thats exactly what he expected with the same bunch of favourites in 4-4-2 every week. But at least I can smile about it now :)