Time for seven substitutes?

James

All of the top leagues have 7 subs, heck, even the SPL does. Plus I think they have the rule where a squad has to include a certain number of under 21s. Stupid that we haven't. Keeps more players happy as well as players on the fringes have at least a better chance of being in the first 18.

Strachan and other SPL managers are trying to scrap the U21 rule because it doesn't work

They just have to be academy players rather not Scottish and they were complaining that it can result in a bad attitude because these young players get a space on the bench whether they deserve it or not. Basically  lucrative pro contracts to sit on their arses.

More games? Not 100% sure on that as the old top flight used to have 22 teams in it. The modern game with bigger squads, squad rotation & the use of 3 subs are all ready helping the modern pro.  The managerial skill of picking subs to cover all possible outcomes & re-adjusting tactics when the manager has not got a like for like sub is almost gone with a choice of 5, 7 will fucking kill it. May as well go the whole log like they do at world cup & have 11 subs.

More games? Not 100% sure on that as the old top flight used to have 22 teams in it. The modern game with bigger squads, squad rotation & the use of 3 subs are all ready helping the modern pro.  The managerial skill of picking subs to cover all possible outcomes & re-adjusting tactics when the manager has not got a like for like sub is almost gone with a choice of 5, 7 will f****** kill it. May as well go the whole log like they do at world cup & have 11 subs.

Do you really think Roeder would have done much better had he had 7 subs at his disposal every game?

Can't see how having two extra subs will kill the tactical side of the game, personally. :lol:

Do you really think Roeder would have done much better had he had 7 subs at his disposal every game?

Can't see how having two extra subs will kill the tactical side of the game, personally. :lol:

I don't think I even mentioned Roeder, so I don't really think that.

I never said it will kill the the tactical side of the game. I did say; the managerial  skill of picking subs & readjusting tactics would be killed. Maybe a tad harsh but if a manager has more like for like subs he doesn't have to re-jig the team around when player is injured, he can also keep more of his squad happy  by having them on the bench rather than in the stand. If I was in LMA I would be demanding this change.

Guest WalkervilleMag

in my opinion  7 subs would be good,  but i think  there should be a rule that in the 18 man squad there should be a minimum 7 English players, at least 3 of which should be from the academy.   

lets be really revolutionary and go back to NO subs

that would help level the playing field bewteen clubs with loads of cash and dozens of good players and the less well off,

it would cut the amount of cash we spend on replica shirts

it would go back to the original idea of ELEVEN players a side not 18 , or 22 or 38 or 54

if you want to see subs F*** off and watch American Football

lets be really revolutionary and go back to NO subs

that would help level the playing field bewteen clubs with loads of cash and dozens of good players and the less well off,

it would cut the amount of cash we spend on replica shirts

it would go back to the original idea of ELEVEN players a side not 18 , or 22 or 38 or 54

if you want to see subs F*** off and watch American Football

Rob you really are old skool!

Now fu<k off and go and feed your dinosaur.