Who Will Be Toon's 1,000th Player?

Dokko

Who Will Be Toon's 1,000th Player?

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1092578,00.html

By Craig Hope

NEWCASTLE United's next debutant will become the 1,000th player to pull on the famous black and white stripes for the club.

The Magpies' first-ever competitive fixture under the name of Newcastle United was an FA Cup tie against Middlesbrough on 21 January, 1893, with 999 players representing the Geordies since that day.

The newly formed 'United' lost 3-2 in that game, even after the Teesiders had an offer of £20 to switch the tie to their home ground refused by Newcastle.

And the 1,000th honour could fall to one of the Toon's new signings should Claudio Cacapa or Jose Enrique figure against Aston Villa on Saturday.

If they can choose then give it to the youngster Enrique. Maybe a bit of a confidence boost. If it comes down to substitutions in the match it might not be that simple.

Guest LucaAltieri

If they can choose then give it to the youngster Enrique. Maybe a bit of a confidence boost. If it comes down to substitutions in the match it might not be that simple.

I'm not sure it would be much of a confidence boost... its just a statistic.

Whoever runs on the pitch first. 

I can see another Dyer/Bowyer type incident brewing.

Aye, something a long the lines I was envisioning.  :lol:

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Film/News/Pictures/1999/12/10/RagingBull.jpg

Enrique will destroy Cacapa, he's the mother-fucking Bull!  ;)

I'm not sure it would be much of a confidence boost... its just a statistic.

Maybe not, but more of an accolade to make him feel good. Either way your right its just a number.