The Current Value Of Our Squad Players In Comparison To This Transfer Market....

Jamie

If any club payed £15M for Taylor they would be nuts tbh.

So a club would be nuts to pay 10m for Davies ?

Taylor is miles better.

I'm not saying Taylor is worth 15m

but if West Brom rate him at 10m,and he's only a Championship player remember

we should be rating Taylor at 15m if anyone gets me  :lol:

given- 4mil

harper- 500k

carr- 1.5mil

rozehnal- 3.5mil

taylor- 5mil

babayaro- 750k

huntington- 10p

ramage- 100mil

barton- 8mil

duff- 5mil

emre- 4mil

n'zogbia- 5mil

milner- 7mil

butt- 2mil

geremi- 5mil

viduka- 5mil

smith- 7mil

owen- 10mil

martins- 10mil

ameobi- 3mil

luque- 2mil

A player's worth, and the price you can buy him for, aren't necessarily the same amount.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

What is it with this simple concept?

I walk into a shop and I see the new Black Rebel Motorcycle Club CD, I really like BRMC so I decide that I wouldn't mind buying it.

It has a price label, a Recommended Price Label, now to me it is valuable because I really want it but to Alex, hi Alex - no leave that CD it's mine! To Alex, it's not valuable because he really likes 80's happy house (poof) but he decides that maybe he'd buy it in the hope his music taste improves or just incase next time he's stoned he'd rather listen to a bit of stoner rock, anyway he walks up the sales person with it because while I've been explaining to you how this works the bastid has grabbed my CD. So I follow and just as the person behind the counter is about to charge him for it I offer 5 quid more.

Now the sales person being the honest type goes no he got here first and the price is only 13m but I argue, "no it's worth more to me than him, at which point the sales person is starting to laugh at me because, yes why?

Because the price tag is only 13m, not 13m and 5 quid.

So Alex the bastid, walks off with my CD and no matter what I feel it is worth, the price tag only said 13m!

Truth of the matter is the bitch behind the counter had another one but it was stock for the sale next week and it was marked down to 6m but only if I bought it in January.

I wasn't happy when she tried to sell me the broke cased P. diddy CD, I hate all that bling sh!t.

A player's worth, and the price you can buy him for, aren't necessarily the same amount.

I walk into a shop and I see the new Black Rebel Motorcycle Club CD, I really like BRMC so I decide that I wouldn't mind buying it.

It has a price label, a Recommended Price Label, now to me it is valuable because I really want it but to Alex, hi Alex - no leave that CD it's mine! To Alex, it's not valuable because he really likes 80's happy house (poof) but he decides that maybe he'd buy it in the hope his music taste improves or just incase next time he's stoned he'd rather listen to a bit of stoner rock, anyway he walks up the sales person with it because while I've been explaining to you how this works the bastid has grabbed my CD. So I follow and just as the person behind the counter is about to charge him for it I offer 5 quid more.

Now the sales person being the honest type goes no he got here first and the price is only 13m but I argue, "no it's worth more to me than him, at which point the sales person is starting to laugh at me because, yes why?

So Alex the bastid, walks off with my CD and no matter what I feel it is worth, the price tag only said 13m!

Truth of the matter is the bitch behind the counter had another one but it was stock for the sale next week and it was marked down to 6m but only if I bought it in January.

I wasn't happy when she tried to sell me the broke cased P. diddy CD, I hate all that bling sh!t.

:lol:

We all know Martins real market value so i just think should give in to him now  O0

Truth be told, I can't be bothered to read all that. But from a quick scan, it looks a load of shit. I think you're struggling to see the difference between price and worth.

And anyway, the whole issue is moot, because the thread's about how much our players would be valued at compared to recent signings etc. Not compared to clauses in their contracts.

Truth be told, I can't be bothered to read all that. But from a quick scan, it looks a load of shit. I think you're struggling to see the difference between price and worth.

And anyway, the whole issue is moot, because the thread's about how much our players would be valued at compared to recent signings etc. Not compared to clauses in their contracts.

I'm not struggling with anything but the stupity and lack of humour some of you have.

Maybe thought isn't something you're good at but hey not my problem, you can be ignorant forever for all I care.

By the way Wenger, an alleged fan of Martins knew he had a 13m get out clause and didn't want him because he didn't think he was worth it, just like all the other alleged clubs that were in for him - try thinking about that.

everything black's said in this thread has been utter crap..

Martins HAS been offered a new clause-free contract. which he has been quoted as saying that he would definitely consider it. And taylor at 21 has been a great player for his age and will only grow in ability, that said 15 mil is a bit steep; i'd say 11 mil bang on, since he's young and english- two factors that really inflate prices these days.

Martins HAS been offered a new clause-free contract. which he has been quoted as saying that he would definitely consider it. And taylor at 21 has been a great player for his age and will only grow in ability, that said 15 mil is a bit steep; i'd say 11 mil bang on, since he's young and english- two factors that really inflate prices these days.

If curtis Davies is worth 10m then Taylor is worth that easy. I have never seen the hype for Davies so..

Love you too bubba!

"Offered" being the operative in crap words there.

Oh by the way, how much do you think Oba, Carr and Babayaro are worth?

Edit: Look for the sake of argument can I just put it this way.

Until Martins signs a new contract without a release clause his price is 13m - his worth maybe greater but he as a sellable asset to NUFC at this point in time is 13m and will be every transfer window until he agrees a new contract without said clause.

Love you too bubba!

the love is clearly mutual :thup:  wouldn't be surprised if he'd already signed a new deal.

as for you're question..carr is still rated -although i fail to see why-  by other supporters and i think its safe to say that anything up to 2.5 mil and he would be snaped up by the likes of boro, erm.. maybe portsmouth and some soon-to-be-relegated teams.

babyaro, you see wigan, birmingham, boro,  written all over him.  he used to play for chelsea, and that in itself is a credential in the eyes of smaller teams and would snap him up for around the same price.

actual value however.. both in my view would amass 1.5 mil between them.

oba is class; he's young, has prem experience, superhuman pace, and scores goals by the bushel. so yeah, easily 20 mil.

Love you too bubba!

the love is clearly mutual :thup:  wouldn't be surprised if he'd already signed a new deal.

as for you're question..carr is still rated -although i fail to see why-  by other supporters and i think its safe to say that anything up to 2.5 mil and he would be snaped up by the likes of boro, erm.. maybe portsmouth and some soon-to-be-relegated teams.

babyaro, you see wigan, birmingham, boro,  written all over him.  he used to play for chelsea, and that in itself is a credential in the eyes of smaller teams and would snap him up for around the same price.

oba is class; he's young, has prem experience, superhuman pace, and scores goals by the bushel. so yeah, easily 20 mil.

You don't think the PR machine would have been working overtime if that was the case?

As others have constantly mentioned his superhuman pace (your words not mine) is worthless if he can anticipate a run. He needs to be proactive not reactive.

Glad to see you're smart enough to realise that fatty Carr and sick note Baba are worth about 750k each. And thats if another club was willing to match their over inflated wages.

Love you too bubba!

You don't think the PR machine would have been working overtime if that was the case?

As others have constantly mentioned his superhuman pace (your words not mine) is worthless if he can anticipate a run. He needs to be proactive not reactive.

Glad to see you're smart enough to realise that fatty Carr and sick note Baba are worth about 750k each. And thats if another club was willing to match their over inflated wages.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=369402  -- seems nailed on iyam.

i don't undrstand why you're giving martins flak, been a very solid player for us and we probably would have been fighting relegation last year without him. he's still young  and can work on his anticipation- which to me doesnt seem as bad as you're claiming it is. ffs top score for us last year, top scorer so far this year.. give the lad a break

Love you too bubba!

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=369402   -- seems nailed on iyam.

i don't undrstand why you're giving martins flak, been a very solid player for us and we probably would have been fighting relegation last year without him. he's still young  and can work on his anticipation- which to me doesnt seem as bad as you're claiming it is. ffs top score for us last year, top scorer so far this year.. give the lad a break

Whoo there bubba.

First up, who is giving Oba1knobie a hard time? You talked up his assets, I pointed out his flaws, seems fair in conversation don't you think?

I personally think he is a great member of our squad but I've merely tried, over and over, to point out that he isn't worth anymore than 13m until he has signed a new contract, which regardless of your quoted article, he hasn't.

In this age of .cock having all the exclusives I won't believe he has until the mighty NUFC PR machine has announced it there and for what it is worth I doubt he will sign anything until he knows the club is heading in a direction that will further his career.

Whoo there bubba.

First up, who is giving Oba1knobie a hard time? You talked up his assets, I pointed out his flaws, seems fair in conversation don't you think?

I personally think he is a great member of our squad but I've merely tried, over and over, to point out that he isn't worth anymore than 13m until he has signed a new contract, which regardless of your quoted article, he hasn't.

In this age of .cock having all the exclusives I won't believe he has until the mighty NUFC PR machine has announced it there and for what it is worth I doubt he will sign anything until he knows the club is heading in a direction that will further his career.

fair enough.. my bad.. just thought you were having a go at a player who didnt deserve it. apologies due  O0

if oba hasn't signed it i wonder whats taking him so long, seemed sure enough that he was going to sign the deal and unless he's writing a letter-a-day i dont really see what the hold-up is. but i doubt he'll want away unless a top 4 club comes swooping in..

given- 4mil

harper- 500k

carr- 1.5mil

rozehnal- 3.5mil

taylor- 5mil

babayaro- 750k

huntington- 10p

ramage- 100mil

barton- 8mil

duff- 5mil

emre- 4mil

n'zogbia- 5mil

milner- 7mil

butt- 2mil

geremi- 5mil

viduka- 5mil

smith- 7mil

owen- 10mil

martins- 10mil

ameobi- 3mil

luque- 2mil

Agree with most of that in terms of their worth but thats different to what we should be looking for if we were to be selling anyone

given- 4mil

harper- 500k

carr- 1.5mil

rozehnal- 3.5mil

taylor- 5mil

babayaro- 750k

huntington- 10p

ramage- 100mil

barton- 8mil

duff- 5mil

emre- 4mil

n'zogbia- 5mil

milner- 7mil

butt- 2mil

geremi- 5mil

viduka- 5mil

smith- 7mil

owen- 10mil

martins- 10mil

ameobi- 3mil

luque- 2mil

Agree with most of that in terms of their worth but thats different to what we should be looking for if we were to be selling anyone

Even Ramage  :smitten:

given- 4mil

harper- 500k

carr- 1.5mil

rozehnal- 3.5mil

taylor- 5mil

babayaro- 750k

huntington- 10p

ramage- 100mil

barton- 8mil

duff- 5mil

emre- 4mil

n'zogbia- 5mil

milner- 7mil

butt- 2mil

geremi- 5mil

viduka- 5mil

smith- 7mil

owen- 10mil

martins- 10mil

ameobi- 3mil

luque- 2mil

Even Ramage  :smitten:

The key word is most.

Guest unrealterrorist

well i think oba is worth more the 13 million after the next few games.

i think he will be sold next year for more than "puffy torres"

Hello his release clause is how much?

New contract to being sorted as we speak no buy out clause morty is seeing to that.

Guest unrealterrorist

If any club payed £15M for Taylor they would be nuts tbh.

sounds about right Basic value £5million he is english so in the market at the moment that adds 5million+he's not bramble that adds 5million 15million sounds good to me.

Couldn't argue with any of that. What about Owen's 'true' value?

About 50p if he gets injured again  ;D

Tbh,i think Owens value will rise every 3 games he plays,not by much like but he will slowly give us an idea of how much he is worth come February time

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Geremi is not worth £5 million. If he was we'd have had some sort of competition for him. Carr is certainly not worth £2 million.