Message to the Doom and Gloom Merchants

Decky

Yesterday we got a point, fair enough it was at home and was a bore draw, BUT last season with Super Glen we lost our 2nd game against Villa 2-0.

I cant stand all these knee jerk OMG WE ARE sh*t NOTHING HAS CHANGED reactions ive seen since the Villa game ended. Actually alot has changed, a new set up, a far better manager and a far better squad. For having

a midfield consisting of 2 defensive midfielders, a striker and a winger.

defense consisting of a sh*t RB, a youngster, a defender new to the Prem and a left winger did a f***ing outstanding job considering what i just mentioned and considering how sh*t our defense has been for years

I think we did excellent because it was easily a game we could have lost. I never expected our strikers to get much service today due to our midfield but we did have our chances. People need to remember this is just week 2 or 38. Our team needs time to gel and Sam needs time to get our tactics right, once he does that and once we get the likes of Barton, Duff and Emre back we will be banging them in, not to mention once Owen gets full fitness.

People need to get a reality check and remember we were getting beat by the likes of Sheffield Utd and Fulham last season at home, we probably would have been delighted with yesterdays result 6 months ago, people kept saying the Mackems will be beating us next season, relegation, doom and gloom etc. Well now we are a confident side so stop complaining and moaning and give Big Sam and the team some time and lets look forward to 3 points next week  :thup:

Yesterday we got a point, fair enough it was at home and was a bore draw, BUT last season with Super Glen we lost our 2nd game against Villa 2-0.

I cant stand all these knee jerk OMG WE ARE sh*t NOTHING HAS CHANGED reactions ive seen since the Villa game ended. Actually alot has changed, a new set up, a far better manager and a far better squad. For having

defense consisting of a sh*t RB, a youngster, a defender new to the Prem and a left winger did a f***ing outstanding job considering what i just mentioned and considering how sh*t our defense has been for years

I think we did excellent because it was easily a game we could have lost. I never expected our strikers to get much service today due to our midfield but we did have our chances. People need to remember this is just week 2 or 38. Our team needs time to gel and Sam needs time to get our tactics right, once he does that and once we get the likes of Barton, Duff and Emre back we will be banging them in, not to mention once Owen gets full fitness.

People need to get a reality check and remember we were getting beat by the likes of Sheffield Utd and Fulham last season at home, we probably would have been delighted with yesterdays result 6 months ago, people kept saying the Mackems will be beating us next season, relegation, doom and gloom etc. Well now we are a confident side so stop complaining and moaning and give Big Sam and the team some time and lets look forward to 3 points next week  :thup:

Quote yourself in your post's, Decky mate?  :lol:

Couldn't agree more with everything you've said.  Most of the level headed posters in here thought we were going to be battling with Villa all year for a top 7 finish.  This result shouldn't be a surprise as we're pretty evenly matched.  I do think Villa played a notch better than us today going forward, but we were just as good defending as they were. 

Reo Coker played a great game for them, he controlled the midfield all day long.

Like you said, Deckster, this would have been 0pts for us under Rodent.  :thup:

Bring on the Smongs!

Guest Hodgson09

I warned everyone Villa would be tough to beat. They mirrored everything we did and canceled us out stopping us from playing any football.

Big deal we didn't win, we also didn't concede in the dying minutes like usual.

It is laughable really the way people react, we beat a poor Bolton team stop expecting so fucking much. It will take time before we hit top form, but it will happen.

I haven't even read the post match discussion because I just know it will be full of retarded judgments.

Looking forward to Boro.

Howay the lads.

Guest unrealterrorist

I 100% agree these people are the same who said we would win 3/4 nil then when we dont they say we are S*it and doomed forever.

Here is one Mr Farrington of the Sunday Sun view of it:

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/sundaysun/tm_headline=it-8217-s-the-sam-old-problem-for-newcastle%26method=full%26objectid=19657271%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

Guest exilim

Decky is legend! Great post!! Especially when he quotes himself  :razz:

That's why i never reads the Sunday Sun, bullshit journalist making a joke of themself.

We conceded few mins into the game with Aston Villa last year, wept  :weep:

At least we are defending much better and not conceding those last min goals or having bramble assisting the opposition at our back.. so for fucks sake what do people want?

Guest Gemmill

I fucking despair when I see some of the shit posted two games into a Premiership campaign.  I heard a quote recently, something along the lines of "Consider how dumb your average person is......then consider the fact that that means half the world is dumber."  We've got a canny few of that half posting on here by the look of things.

Guest exilim

I f****** despair when I see some of the s*** posted two games into a Premiership campaign.  I heard a quote recently, something along the lines of "Consider how dumb your average person is......then consider the fact that that means half the world is dumber."  We've got a canny few of that half posting on here by the look of things.

It's just sad when fans goes, Oh fuck we just drew a game! Aren't we suppose to win every single one!? Especially at home!? We are Newcastle United! Who the fuck is Manchester United!?

Totally agree was surprised at the sheer amount of Chicken Littles running around posting about the the sky falling on here.

Not after losing oh no, the bar of excellence has now been raised to panicking after a draw ffs.

Considering how bad we have been for the last two years, some people need to get a slap from the hand of perspective and settle down for a bit. They just seem a bit too snug in their blanket of gloom.

What do you expect when a few people think we'll finish top 5 or break into the top 4 even. We'll always have a following who think we're better than we actually are leading to unrealistic expectations.

Love all the "Holier than thou" attitudes here, "I'm a super fan me cos I didn't have a pop at the side after a poor performance, anyone who does is an idiot"

Well I freely admit to being one of those "idiots" because that performance was truely shocking, and but for the inemptitude of the Villa Strikers would have sent us away with a defeat, a defeat we would have thoroughly deserved.

More worrying than the result was the performance, I can live with a 0-0 against Villa, even though Villa are nothing more than mid table dross themselves. But the performances lacked everything, don't be conned into thinking we kept them out because we gifted them a few good chances, they just weren't good enough to take them, we created very little and showed no desire to step things up and win the game.

I still believe in Sam and what he is trying to achieve but things need to improve drastically if they are to achieve what Mike Ashley will be expecting this season, which is Europe whether Mort says it or not. There is still plenty of time of course, and it's still very much early days but don't be surprised if the new owners get impatient if no signs of improvement are made, remember Sam's not their man.

Guest exilim
I still believe in Sam and what he is trying to achieve but things need to improve drastically if they are to achieve what Mike Ashley will be expecting this season, which is Europe whether Mort says it or not. There is still plenty of time of course, and it's still very much early days but don't be surprised if the new owners get impatient if no signs of improvement are made, remember Sam's not their man.

Just the cruel reality in the world of football, personally i think Sam only has two years to prove himself, if he gets positions like 13th and 14th for both years, he will be expecting something from Ashley.

Guest Gemmill

Love all the "Holier than thou" attitudes here, "I'm a super fan me cos I didn't have a pop at the side after a poor performance, anyone who does is an idiot"

Well I freely admit to being one of those "idiots" because that performance was truely shocking, and but for the inemptitude of the Villa Strikers would have sent us away with a defeat, a defeat we would have thoroughly deserved.

More worrying than the result was the performance, I can live with a 0-0 against Villa, even though Villa are nothing more than mid table dross themselves. But the performances lacked everything, don't be conned into thinking we kept them out because we gifted them a few good chances, they just weren't good enough to take them, we created very little and showed no desire to step things up and win the game.

Do you think booing the players after a draw will help Sam and what he's trying to achieve then?  It's not a question of being holier than thou, but your reaction to one game is certainly thicker than thick.

Do you think booing the players after a draw will help Sam and what he's trying to achieve then?  It's not a question of being holier than thou, but your reaction to one game is certainly thicker than thick.

Did I say I booed the players ? Did I say I condoned booing the players ? So now I'm an idiot and thick, fantastic what next; dense, ignoramous, stupid, 2 sandwiches short of a picnic ?

Guest exilim

How do we actually get the message across all the fans? Booing the players/gameplay/manager in their first home game of the season is not going to do any help. People should really get a slap on their face and yes, it's time to wake up.

personally I think the doom and gloom merchants should fuck off.

we're 2 games into a new regime and already the knives are being sharpened.

a clown who sits behind me actually said he'd prefer Roeder back. I doubt he was in the same frame of mind at half time last week. its pathetic how fickle we are....

all this week I've been saying that whilst the Bolton game was amazing, it was also likely to be a bit of a weight round our necks as it ramped expectations up to unrealistic levels.

When you can muster 1 shot shot on target in a home game you fully deserve all the criticism that comes your way.

For me it was a very poor performance. More so because from the first minute the system never worked and wasn't changed - except the last desperate 10 minutes when we just pushed forward.

Play 4-4-2 - the players understand it. As has been said why make a wide player of a natural striker and expect a natural wide man to be a striker. Viduka was on his own against the entire back 4 for most of the game.

And does anyone really think you'll get the best out of Owen when he's being played wide? 

When you can muster 1 shot shot on target in a home game you fully deserve all the criticism that comes your way.

For me it was a very poor performance. More so because from the first minute the system never worked and wasn't changed - except the last desperate 10 minutes when we just pushed forward.

Play 4-4-2 - the players understand it. As has been said why make a wide player of a natural striker and expect a natural wide man to be a striker. Viduka was on his own against the entire back 4 for most of the game.

And does anyone really think you'll get the best out of Owen when he's being played wide? 

I don't think anyone disagrees with you right there regarding the tactics. Yes we were set up differently to what we've been used to, and certainly differently to what would be ideal with the players we have. However, Allardyce is clearly still testing things out (as its different in competitive conditions), and is trying to learn as much about his players as possible (esp before the window shuts), without having to compromise results (namely defeat).

Allardyce has said it himself, that he will be after results this season, and it is results only that will keep him his job. Any points picked up from any game, home or away, will do me personally. We will not be in Europe for playing attractive fluent football. We will get into Europe by collecting enough points to put us in a higher position than our closest rivals. As it stands, the longer we go unbeaten, the better. Tactics and best formations will follow.

I'm not one to talk as I do not live in the UK, and dont attend matches, but I must say, the performance of the home crowd (for a first home game of the season) was rather underwhelming! Had the tv turned up to max and heard fuck all bar the odd shouts at Howard Webb. And don;t even get me started on the booing.

As fans in the collective sense, we really have become an embarrassment at home, and home advantage is no longer that for the team. So people shouldn't be surprised we cant find that bit of extra push to beat teams like Villa at "home".

*tin hat donned

it clearly didnt come across well on the telly but the atmosphere was areet today. much better than last season.

well i certainly f****** hope so!! I know its easy (and rather dick headed of me) to be sat here pontificating about the atmosphere inside SJP when i'm thousands of miles away....but it really does feel like there is a sour element hanging around the club like a horrible stench, which isn't helping matters at all. Point in case all the doom merchants on this forum. Many have made constructive criticism, and there's plenty of room for that certainly. As for those pissing and moaning they should be stripped of their season tickets and told to f*** off. If supporting Newcastle for you is entertainment, then I suggest you relocate to Amsterdam and follow Ajax. It's much more than that ffs!!

Guest exilim

I don't think anyone disagrees with you right there regarding the tactics. Yes we were set up differently to what we've been used to, and certainly differently to what would be ideal with the players we have. However, Allardyce is clearly still testing things out (as its different in competitive conditions), and is trying to learn as much about his players as possible (esp before the window shuts), without having to compromise results (namely defeat).

Allardyce has said it himself, that he will be after results this season, and it is results only that will keep him his job. Any points picked up from any game, home or away, will do me personally. We will not be in Europe for playing attractive fluent football. We will get into Europe by collecting enough points to put us in a higher position than our closest rivals. As it stands, the longer we go unbeaten, the better. Tactics and best formations will follow.

I'm not one to talk as I do not live in the UK, and dont attend matches, but I must say, the performance of the home crowd (for a first home game of the season) was rather underwhelming! Had the tv turned up to max and heard f*** all bar the odd shouts at Howard Webb. And don;t even get me started on the booing.

As fans in the collective sense, we really have become an embarrassment at home, and home advantage is no longer that for the team. So people shouldn't be surprised we cant find that bit of extra push to beat teams like Villa at "home".

*tin hat donned

Absolutely spot on.

if I was relocating to Amsterdam then I can think of a number of forms of entertainment that would be higher up my list than football !

Personally I think a section of the fan base still believe its 95/96 and have the same level of expecation that we had back then.

My doom and gloom had been in place since Robson wasn't moved into a Director of Football type role in Summer 04. But that was because we had a board who were inept and a succession of managers who didnt know their arse from their elbow.

For the first time in years I now have faith in the people making decisions on behalf of the club and I'll give them my backing, even if we do play out a scoreless home bore draw with teams like Villa.

rome wasn't built in a day....