Styles a hero?

Mowen

What has Andy Gray ever given to football?

He's given Football itself you mong!  Say what you want about how the game would be dead without referee's, but its equally dead without quality Footballers.  In fact if it came down to it I'd still watch Football without referee's, but I certainly wouldn't watch referee's without Football ;)

Guest Knightrider

I think we take those who aren't the "stars", i.e. the players and managers, for granted for sure, people like refs, linesman who are pivotal to the game, but there is no excusing mistakes like Styles'. However I don't think he should be harassed out of a job. Me, I love all the mistakes and the ineptness, because it reminds me that amidst the robots whether it be the financial machine or the players, that the game is real. And long may crap refs like Styles make fuck ups.

Guest maddog2

3 pages and no one has said anything on how given when a stonewall decision goes against Chelski - they have 4-5 players surrounding and abusing the referee.

c***s. Twats. And then that dickhead Mourinho has the gall to call his team "pure and naive". Mellow, my arse... he is one of the biggest cheating scumbag manager.

How can you say that? Mourinho is a great manager who has never cheated or ask any of his players to do so.Yes I admit some of the players might cheat before,but I dont think that he instructed them to do so.

I strongly believe he does... his comments about his team never diving and being too innocent, are typical hypocrisy from him. The man has no class.

Well,its only right for him to protect his players from any criticism.Other players from other teams have done the same thing before but I never hear their manager coming out and say that there are divers in their team whatsoever.

First point : Wegner criticized Eboue for his theatrics when they pale into insignificance compared to what Joe Cole, Arjen Robben and Didier Drogba regularly put on, especially when playing a top four team.

Second point: None of them, Benitez, Ferguson and Wegner have the gall to come out and say crap like "we are a pure and naive team blah blah blah..".

I think we take those who aren't the "stars", i.e. the players and managers, for granted for sure, people like refs, linesman who are pivotal to the game, but there is no excusing mistakes like Styles'. However I don't think he should be harassed out of a job. Me, I love all the mistakes and the ineptness, because it reminds me that amidst the robots whether it be the financial machine or the players, that the game is real. And long may crap refs like Styles make f*** ups.

I see what you're saying but, if all refereeing mistakes could be prevented before they happened somehow, I'd be all for it.

3 pages and no one has said anything on how given when a stonewall decision goes against Chelski - they have 4-5 players surrounding and abusing the referee.

c***s. Twats. And then that dickhead Mourinho has the gall to call his team "pure and naive". Mellow, my arse... he is one of the biggest cheating scumbag manager.

How can you say that? Mourinho is a great manager who has never cheated or ask any of his players to do so.Yes I admit some of the players might cheat before,but I dont think that he instructed them to do so.

They may not use those words, but they lie just as much.

I strongly believe he does... his comments about his team never diving and being too innocent, are typical hypocrisy from him. The man has no class.

Well,its only right for him to protect his players from any criticism.Other players from other teams have done the same thing before but I never hear their manager coming out and say that there are divers in their team whatsoever.

First point : Wegner criticized Eboue for his theatrics when they pale into insignificance compared to what Joe Cole, Arjen Robben and Didier Drogba regularly put on, especially when playing a top four team.

Second point: None of them, Benitez, Ferguson and Wegner have the gall to come out and say crap like "we are a pure and naive team blah blah blah..".

no, they just say other lies.

I think we take those who aren't the "stars", i.e. the players and managers, for granted for sure, people like refs, linesman who are pivotal to the game, but there is no excusing mistakes like Styles'. However I don't think he should be harassed out of a job. Me, I love all the mistakes and the ineptness, because it reminds me that amidst the robots whether it be the financial machine or the players, that the game is real. And long may crap refs like Styles make fuck ups.

In fairness I find it hard to blame the ref when he's taken in by play acting. At high speed it's bloody hard to tell whether it's a foul or not: neither Lawro or Green on the radio had a clue whether or not it was a pen at high speed, yet having been unable to make the decision for themselves at high speed with an elevated view of the situation they then call someone incompetent for making a mistake. Fucking indicative of the way refs do, but shouldn't, get treated iyam.

In fairness I find it hard to blame the ref when he's taken in by play acting. At high speed it's bloody hard to tell whether it's a foul or not: neither Lawro or Green on the radio had a clue whether or not it was a pen at high speed, yet having been unable to make the decision for themselves at high speed with an elevated view of the situation they then call someone incompetent for making a mistake. f****** indicative of the way refs do, but shouldn't, get treated iyam.

I agree, it is hard to tell at high speed and they are perhaps unfairly slaughtered when they get it wrong but, as with the Robbie Savage dive on Sunday that I mentioned earlier, when they get it right, it barely even warrants a mention!  That is just unfair.