Pearson quits England U21 setup

Syrette

Just noticed this...

Megalink

NIGEL Pearson has ended his role with the England Under-21 side so he can concentrate on Newcastle United.

Pearson has been Stuart Pearce’s No 2, but this role will be filled by the former United left back’s big sidekick from his time at Nottingham Forest and Manchester City, Steve Wigley, for tomorrow’s friendly with Romania at Bristol’s Ashton Gate.

This suits United, who already have Steve Round away on full England squad this week.

I am told from the United training ground that, while it was thought Round was coming in as Big Sam’s No 2, this role is actually being filled by Pearson.

This has left England coach Round as United’s first-team coach.

Can't complain.

Guest Knightrider

Pearson and just about everyone else at the club not brought in by Big Sam are under trial regarding their roles at United. From what I've heard anyway. I think helping at the under 21s would have been of some benefit too us and indeed the man himself.

Would have prefered Pearson to keep working part time with England U21. Through this he will know more players, and get exposed to more new ideas (however bad they are).

With Pearce as his gaffer?

No thanks.