Jump to content

KaKa

Member
  • Posts

    55,504
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by KaKa

  1. Chelsea join Real in the race to sign £40m Tevez By Jason Burt Published: 21 May 2007 Chelsea have entered the bidding to sign Carlos Tevez although they are facing strong competition from Real Madrid. The two clubs are the only ones to have made serious inquiries about the 23-year-old Argentine, although West Ham United are hoping he will stay at Upton Park for at least one more season. Tevez's representative Kia Joorabchian has yet to inform West Ham of his intentions - or what transfer fee he wants for the player - although it is hoped that a meeting may take place as early as this week with the club's chairman Eggert Magnusson. It could be that if neither Chelsea nor Real meet the asking price - which sources claim could be anywhere between £20m and £40m - that a deal may be structured to keep Tevez at Upton Park. That would undoubtedly be met with a further outcry from clubs who have questioned the £5.5m fine meted out to West Ham over the controversial signing of Tevez and fellow Argentine Javier Mascherano last summer, and the non-disclosure of the full terms of the agreement. So far Liverpool - for whom Mascherano now plays - and Manchester United have not lodged interest in Tevez, who was West Ham's player of the season. The club holds his registration and has torn up the agreement with Joorabchian and the companies which own Tevez's "economic rights" so, in theory, they could receive a transfer fee. However, this will not happen as it would certainly lead to West Ham being successfully sued by Joorabchian and MSI. Despite the problems caused by his arrival, West Ham want Tevez to stay and believe it may be in his interests to do so. He has settled and, having avoided relegation, there are ambitions plans in place to push for Europe next season. However, the allure of Chelsea or Real will be hard to resist for Tevez who gave a press conference on Friday, following his return to Argentina, at which he said it was time for him to "join a European giant". However, he added that "despite any offer that could arrive, what I want to say is that West Ham has priority". Chelsea were offered the player last year and if Tevez arrived at Stamford Bridge, it would be part of the re-building process that has now started in earnest following Saturday's FA Cup final victory over United. The win should also mean that manager Jose Mourinho remains for at least another year, although owner Roman Abramovich has still to express that he definitely wants to keep Mourinho. On Saturday night, sources indicated this would happen soon and Mourinho was almost certain to earn a reprieve. Abramovich was at Wembley on Saturday and Joe Cole confirmed that the billionaire had visited the dressing room after the match, something he has not done since falling out with Mourinho. "Roman came in and celebrated with us," Cole said. "It was nice to see him." Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon yesterday reiterated Mourinho's claim that three players are expected to leave and up to four players arrive. He also repeated the assertion that "I doubt we'll have big-name signings because I don't think we need it". Chelsea are not planning to spend the tens of millions of previous seasons although Tevez, or another top-quality striker, could prove to be the exception. Reading's Steve Sidwell is expected to arrive on a Bosman free transfer - although Newcastle United will make one last attempt to intervene when he returns from holiday - while, despite Mourinho's objections, Chelsea have begun to apply for a work permit for the defender Alex from PSV Eindhoven. Agent Pini Zahavi is still hopeful he can persuade Chelsea to sign Talal Ben Haim from Bolton Wanderers but the Israeli is also wanted by Newcastle. Glen Johnson has returned from his loan spell at Portsmouth while the Blackburn Rovers striker Benni McCarthy is hoping to move to Chelsea. He would not play for South Africa if he did move and therefore would not be at next year's African Nations Cup for which Chelsea might lose four players including Didier Drogba. Kenyon insisted that neither Michael Ballack nor Andrei Shevchenko will be sold despite their indifferent seasons. "I'm confident they're going to be here as big players with Chelsea next season," he said. "They want to contribute a lot more, they feel they have a lot more to give. It takes time to settle in." Chelsea will re-open contract talks with John Terry and Frank Lampard, who both want improved deals and insisted after Saturday's game that they wanted to stay. Terry said that suggestions he was to hand in a transfer request were "ludicrous" adding: "Now the season's over I'd like to see things get sorted out." Lampard said his "intention" was to remain at Chelsea "for life". However, Chelsea will not give into the demands of Arjen Robben. The Dutch winger not only wants a new contract but assurances he will play more regularly. However, despite links with a move to Bayern Munich, he said he would remain at Chelsea next season.
  2. KaKa

    Primera Liga

    How much have these jokers Atletico Madrid spent recently? They are absolutely useless. The manager will get sacked tomorrow. Aren't they at home too? Goodness grief!!!
  3. KaKa

    Primera Liga

    *tin hat on* 2 questions ... Are Atletico Madrid the Newcastle of La Liga? Will Fernando Torres be the riskiest sigining as far as top strikers go this summer? Yes and yes.
  4. Fair enough ... The thing is though ... we could do with some 'decent' players at this club.
  5. Very harsh. He's had a superb season... 18 goals and 11 assists, and some of his goals have been absolute peaches. Heck of a strike on him. And his ability to beat players is first class. Exactly ... he is a very good scorer and he sets up a lot of goals as well. That's why I think he would be very useful for us. He does so much excellent outside of the box as well as in it.
  6. The latest seems to be that he won't be coming here because Preston are asking for silly money. £10m for an unproven player with 12 months left on his contract. I'd be surprised if anyone buys him if they are really asking for that much. Outrageous figure ... This is why English players don't get the opportunities they do and then everyone claims there are too many foreigners blah blah blah. But at the end of the day, why would I buy David Nugent for £10 million when I could buy Davidoff Nugentienté for £3 million?
  7. Nope ... same height as Bent.
  8. Emre on his way to Bayern then?
  9. Sorry. Completely forgot about that ... the clip thing that is.
  10. I guess the general consensus is that should Owen/Martins leave then the ideal striker to bring in to replace either of them would be Darren Bent, as he offers a bit more of a physical presence while still being a major threat with his pace. The thing is though, Charlton are definitely going to take the piss with his price as he is bound to be in great demand, and it would be awful if we sold Owen and Martins and brought in Bent for more than we got for either of those two. So, who do you guys think would be a good alternative to Bent, who would offer the same skill set i.e. a player who has a bit of a physical presence as well as an abundance of pace? I'll get us started shall I ... I think a very good alternative would be PSV striker Arouna Kone. Very strong, agressive and direct, and he might actually be faster than Bent! Also more skillfull with the ball at his feet, but probably not quite as good a finisher as Darren though.
  11. I am really eager for us to get started with our recruiting as I am really looking forward to seeing what Sam's plans are ... looks like we won't be making moves for a little while yet though. Anyone know when he is back?
  12. You seen him play much then? Yeah quite a lot. More of a holding up type striker, got a bit of strength but an average finisher. Would add a bit of strength and power to the front line though. Exactly ... Like I said earlier, very much a Kevin Davies type, which is why I believe there might be some truth to this.
  13. Allardyce did say he would sign some not so obvious people that are not that well known ... O'Connor is a bit of a Kevin Davies type. Very strong and committed player, who is good in the air and also has some decent speed. Wouldn't be surprised if we bring him in and let Le Sib go ...
  14. KaKa

    The FA Cup Final

    Giggs is quality to be fair. Wasn't great today, but nobody was really. As evidenced by the fact that you declared a keeper who didn't really make any saves to be MOTM. Man of the match was Essien by a looooooooooong way.
  15. KaKa

    The FA Cup Final

    Think he had to take a whizz ... he's back on the pitch now.
  16. KaKa

    The FA Cup Final

    Well, considering we went out in the quarter finals to Blackburn, I think its probably just beyond us this year. Man of the Match: Cech. For all these times he kept on nicking it off Rooney's toe. Clown of the Match: Giggs. Re-affirm my opinion that he's probably the most overrated player of his generation. Special mention to Darren Fletcher. What the f*** is he all about. I mean, seriously, what the f***? Congratulations to Chelsea. I'm glad they've won it. Well, I'm glad the other lot didn't win it. Phew. I am so happy someone else noticed just how ridiculously awful Giggs was today and it all culminated with that awful miss.
  17. KaKa

    The FA Cup Final

    I'm sick of the whole "playing a weakened team" whinge. Warnock earlier in the season played a weakened team away to Man U, because he felt they didn't have much of a chance, and so he wanted to rest players for the next game against Charlton as he felt he had a better chance of getting points in that game. I bet Mourinho really appreciated that right? Do you think Warnock was thinking about the implications it would have on Chelsea's push for the title? Managers are hypocrites ... Warnock and his crappy team weren't good enough. Simple as that!
  18. KaKa

    The FA Cup Final

    Worst game ever ... Would have only been decent if it went to penalties. Neither team deserves the trophy.
  19. KaKa

    The FA Cup Final

    Souness on Sky Sports ... "You don't have to tell top players what to do, thats why their top players" What a master technician and tactical whizz this guy is. mackems.gif
  20. you mean like he has with schevstinko and ballack??? I just dont think the lad will move as he isn't good enough for them Look ... I know we don't like Dyer on here, but to say he is crap and he isn't good enough for Chelsea is silly. He like many others has gone stale at this club, and a succession of managers who didn't demand better from the players hasn't been good. I think many would be surprised by how effective he would be around better players (see Jenas at Tottenham for example ... I know he is still crap but at least he is coring goals for them!) I'll tell you one thing for sure Dyer was better this season than Ballack was. So from that viewpoint alone he is at least good enough to be in that current squad.
  21. with chelsea's resources they could go out and spend 30 million on a replacement and 10 million on a squad player buying an injury prone none scoring getting on never really made a full season impact player for 5/6 million is just silly business not impossible in the world of football but highly doubtful No more big money spending at Chelsea allegedly! And why would they have to splash out on a squad player especially. Despite what you say about Dyer he is a threat when he is at his best and I would imagine Mourinho would get the best out of him. He is also a known premiership performer so there would be no uncertainty as far as whether he would make an impact or not.
  22. Dyer wouldn't be replacing anyone. If Chelsea are interested it will be to use him as a squad player, because he would be very useful to them in the system they play, as he could fill in in multiple positions. Dyer would be replacing Sidwell if anything, which is to say that they most likely won't be signing Sidwell anymore. They would be interested in Dyer even with Lampard in the team.
  23. Chelsea would not be getting Dyer to replace Lampard, but in my opinion they would definitely be very interested in Dyer. They will be losing Mikel and Essien during the African Nations Cup and Dyer would eb effective as an attacking midfielder in the centre 3 they play in midfield. Dyer would also be versatile enough to play as a right sided forward in a front three for them when Robben or Joe Cole get their seasonal injuries. Also ... I won't be surprised if we have managed to convince Sidwell to come to us and so they've contacted us to ask for Dyer since we will be signing Sidwell. Would be so perfect ...
  24. People say he is injury prone, but apart from the two broken legs which were both freak injuries, I don't ever remember him picking up any other typical injuries. Also, I have a great admiration from how he came back so quickly, says a lot about his mentality.
×
×
  • Create New...