When is Barton returning? Light training next week.

ChrisJbarnes

I don't think we'll see Barton playing till a long time after that. He will be fully fit by then but will be no where near match fit as he'll not have had much pre season. He'll probably make the bench and get the odd run out but I don't think we'll see him fully till late November early December. Big Sam is not Roeder he won't get risked or rushed back.

Wouldnt suprise me if he gets a few reserve games under his belt.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1111151,00.html

Exclusive: Joey On Fitness Latest

By Craig Hope

JOEY Barton hopes to step up his comeback bid next week by starting some light jogging for the first time since breaking a bone in his foot during pre-season.

The midfield star - who celebrated his 25th birthday last week - has not kicked a ball since since sustaining the metatarsal injury in a friendly match at Carlisle United back in July.

But Barton is in good spirits as he continues to work his way back to full fitness at the club's Benton-based training ground and admits that his rehab schedule is right on track.

"The rehab is going fine and everything is going according to plan," the £5.8m summer signing told nufc.co.uk.

"I'm doing some very light work in the gym at the moment but I hope to be back doing some light running next week and then build it up from there."

Barton had been handed the captain's armband for the warm-up match against the Cumbrians when he picked up the injury in fairly innocuous circumstances while making a run down the wing at Brunton Park.

And, while the England international admits it was frustrating to be sidelined so early in his Toon career, he retains a positive outlook and insists he is only looking to the future and the day when he is finally able to make his black and white bow.

"It was a setback because when you come to a new club you want to play as much as you can to show the people who have invested in you what you can do," he added.

"But I'm a strong believer in fate and things happening for a reason. It was frustrating but I've taken it on the chin and just got on with things."

Guest NackerDan

Can't wait to have him in our team. He'll give us something.

Really good player like.  Put in a lot of class performances for Man City, and scored some crackers.