Champions league draw

Baggio

Guest Alan_Shearer

How is Ronaldo a forward? He's a midfielder and should have won midfielder of the year. Thats why he didnt score as many goals as Drogba, Ruud etc...idiots.

And yes Kaka has been playing as an out and out CF/SS for a while. Ronaldo was never upfront tho.

Guest Redknapp

More to the point the 2nd top scorer in the competition whom scored more then shrek and placcy not even nominated.

Guest BooBoo

I'm backing Kiev, for no other reason than when my mate went there in 97 he swapped pin badges with a Ukranian peasant and then passed it on to me.

A. Liverpool, Porto, Marseille, Besiktas.

B. Chelsea, Valencia, Schalke, Rosenborg.

C. Real Madrid, Werder Bremen, Lazio, Olympiacos.

D. AC Milan, Benfica, Celtic, Shakthar Donetsk.

E. Barcelona, Lyon, Stuttgart, Rangers.

F. Man Utd, Roma, Sporting, Dynamo Kiev.

G. Inter, PSV, CSKA, Fenerbache.

H. Arsenal, Sevilla or AIK, Steaua Bucharest, Slavia Prague.

Guest LucaAltieri

E. Barcelona, Lyon, Stuttgart, Rangers.

Well, I'll see if I can get a ticket for the game against Barca.

Is it just me or look most groups really rubbish and boring.

Agreed. Boring as fuck. Only bright side is I can see Chelsea struggling.

All this talk of reducing the number of teams that England, Italy and Spain get in is rubbish tbh.

How much better would these groups be if we had a couple from of us, Spurs, Blackburn, Everton and the teams of similiar standing in there instead of the likes of Prague, Kiev and Rosenborg and the like. Imagine if we'd vene worse teams in there instead of the likes of Arsenal, Sevilla and Roma?

Pfft, Platini is a wanker.

I think clubs from shite Countries should be booted out in favour for bigger clubs in bigger Countries.

Its not the select Champions anymore anyway, you might as well go the full hog, not cut back on bigger teams.

All this talk of reducing the number of teams that England, Italy and Spain get in is rubbish tbh.

How much better would these groups be if we had a couple from of us, Spurs, Blackburn, Everton and the teams of similiar standing in there instead of the likes of Prague, Kiev and Rosenborg and the like. Imagine if we'd vene worse teams in there instead of the likes of Arsenal, Sevilla and Roma?

Pfft, Platini is a w******.

I think there's a fine line. More teams from England/Spain/Italy would be ridiculous and take the spice out of it, but more clubs like Rosenborg would drop the quality. I think there's an alright balance as it is, it's good to have some variety and occasionally you get clubs like Ajax in the 90s or Porto a few years ago who go on and win it. I know they're not as bad as Rosenborg, but I think it's good to have all corners of Europe represented, so long as it's just one club from these countries and they've had to qualify all the way to the group stage.

Guest Guinness

The English teams shouldn't have any problems qualifying for the next round. Very tough draw for Rangers though.

I'm sure Charlie Nicolas just said AC Milan would be coming to Parkhead, set up defensively and be happy with a point.

Wish I'd heard that.

They'll set up a bit defensively to begin with alright, try and take the sting out of the game early on and gradually work their way into superiority.

As much better as Milan are, an early goal and they'll be in trouble.

Guest LucaAltieri

Pfft, Platini is a wanker.

bollocks to be honest. Platini has it spot on... right now the English and Spanish teams dominate because they have more money... if you restrict the number of places for those nations and give them to smaller nations then those clubs will have more money to compete with the English, Italian and Spanish sides. It still doesn't put them anywhere near Premiership teams for income (thanks Sky) but its a step in the right direction.

They don't need to add more big clubs, they need to make more big clubs.

Guest Joakim

Pfft, Platini is a w******.

I think there's a fine line. More teams from England/Spain/Italy would be ridiculous and take the spice out of it, but more clubs like Rosenborg would drop the quality. I think there's an alright balance as it is, it's good to have some variety and occasionally you get clubs like Ajax in the 90s or Porto a few years ago who go on and win it. I know they're not as bad as Rosenborg, but I think it's good to have all corners of Europe represented, so long as it's just one club from these countries and they've had to qualify all the way to the group stage.

I agree. It wouln't be a european champions cup if teams from all corners of europe weren't represented. And one shouldn't shrug off Rosenborg just like that. They've qualified for the competition nine or ten times (being automatically qualified for the group stage one or two times. I can't remember exactly), and participates for the 11th time this season. And to be fair, they've done quite well over the years, having beaten - among others -  Real Madrid at home and AC Milan away.

Yes, they've been slaughtered a couple of times, but that doesen't mean they don't belong in the Champions League. Would Tampere United or Astana have been any better? No, don't think so.

If it was just spanish, german, italian, french and english clubs, it would have been boring. We need the smaller clubs to spice things up. It would never be any fun without the occational bombshell.

And yes, I am a supporter of Rosenborg as well, as they're my hometown club, and I do believe we can create some trouble for Chelsea at home on a good day.