"Shepherd was not a good chairman" - Sibierski

JH

Mind-boggling really. Robson did a great job but he was undermined by people like Dyer, not by Fred. That's why you see Robson sitting next to Fred at matches.

Well I'd defy anyone to read Sir Bob's autobiography, and come away with the conclusion that he wasn't undermined by Shepherd.

Sir Bob only started appearing at Freddie's side when the team was starting to flounder under Roeder, and the fans were starting to publicly turn on Freddie. At the same time, Freddie was starting to try and sell the idea that the Halls were undermining his work, and, by implication, that they were responsible for the position the club was in. Sir Bob is a forgiving soul, but in this case I think he was being used.

When Shepherd announced to the world that SBR's contract would not be renewed at the end of the 2004/2005 season he made SBR a lame duck manager that the likes of Dire and Bellamy where only too happy to take advantage of.

To conclude that Shepherd did not undermine SBR is mind boggling really!

I was waiting for someone to come back with the "comments made by Fred" bit because it's just so obvious, and of course this would have undermined the manager given that some of the players were crap professionals. The thing is, the lack of respect from the players didn't happen overnight, it would have grown over time and become obvious to the Board and the Halls and is what led to those in charge beginning to doubt Robson.

As I said after we finished 3rd, Robson should have gone then when we were on a high, that was another mistake by the Board and the Halls.

Apart from irrational hatred I'm not at all sure why you're lumping Bellamy in with Dyer. Perhaps you can explain?

It can only be irrational love and respect for Shepherd that you can conclude that he never undermined SBR!

If some players didn't have respect for SBR then that's more damning of them than Sir Bobby.

Anyway, that's all in the past, the cancer has been cut out of the club, and I'm more than happy to move on and look forward to the future with renewed optimism.....

.....but I'm still astounded that you feel that Shepherd never undermined Sir Bobby.  :idiot2:

Some things never change. You and some others have missed the overall point of my post in your haste to have a go.

I just said that the Board doubting Robson (leading to any undermining of him obviously) was caused by the behaviour and attitude of the players. I obviously didn't explain myself well enough earlier with the comment along those lines, having overlooked there are people like you reading this forum. It think it's pretty obvious I'm blaming the players, so I don't see the point of your second sentence above. It's kind of obvious. By the way, what do you mean by "if the players didn't have respect?" Do you doubt it?

You shouldn't mention cancer when it comes to this subject. And you called me an idiot.

Was selling Gary Speed without telling his manager undermining? him? Or not? It's there to read in black and white unless you feel Bobby was telling lies, something he doesn't appear prone to.

According to many on this forum Fred signs everyone that turns out shit and sells everyone we shouldn't sell. So it's pretty par for the course really.

Mind-boggling really. Robson did a great job but he was undermined by people like Dyer, not by Fred. That's why you see Robson sitting next to Fred at matches.

Well I'd defy anyone to read Sir Bob's autobiography, and come away with the conclusion that he wasn't undermined by Shepherd.

Sir Bob only started appearing at Freddie's side when the team was starting to flounder under Roeder, and the fans were starting to publicly turn on Freddie. At the same time, Freddie was starting to try and sell the idea that the Halls were undermining his work, and, by implication, that they were responsible for the position the club was in. Sir Bob is a forgiving soul, but in this case I think he was being used.

When Shepherd announced to the world that SBR's contract would not be renewed at the end of the 2004/2005 season he made SBR a lame duck manager that the likes of Dire and Bellamy where only too happy to take advantage of.

I was waiting for someone to come back with the "comments made by Fred" bit because it's just so obvious, and of course this would have undermined the manager given that some of the players were crap professionals. The thing is, the lack of respect from the players didn't happen overnight, it would have grown over time and become obvious to the Board and the Halls and is what led to those in charge beginning to doubt Robson.

As I said after we finished 3rd, Robson should have gone then when we were on a high, that was another mistake by the Board and the Halls.

Apart from irrational hatred I'm not at all sure why you're lumping Bellamy in with Dyer. Perhaps you can explain?

Smacking John Carver over the head with a chair? Going off to Wales when injured? Getting pissed (note Bobby's comments on Bellamy as well as Dyer) and hitting women? Being a 'strange' boy, as Bobby called him? Having to have Freddie warn him about his conduct?

They might have had something to do with it. Bellamy was a tit, Dyer was a tit. Both did well here under Bobbys managership and both did things professional footballers shouldn't.

Let's include the hero Shearer then eh. Kicking Lennon in the mush, smacking Gillespie in the mush. Definitely material that undermines the position of a manager.

Under the time of Robson, Dyer didn't do anything like as well as Bellamy. To suggest otherwise and to lump them together is absurd.

shame he didn't kick Dire in the mush for putting the shirt on a hundred times at least and doing a disappearing act too.

Letting everybody down where it matters most

According to many on this forum Fred signs everyone that turns out shit and sells everyone we shouldn't sell. So it's pretty par for the course really.

You were doing fine before that hyperbole. O0

Guest Sniffer

Beats me why people seem to think robson was some sort of angel. Remember he never gave the Toon a second thought when he was at the peak of either his playing or managerial career. None of this I love the Toon then. We were just a good option when he was on the downhill.

Beats me why people seem to think robson was some sort of angel. Remember he never gave the Toon a second thought when he was at the peak of either his playing or managerial career. None of this I love the Toon then. We were just a good option when he was on the downhill.

Can you really blame him for choosing Barca etc over us?

Smacking John Carver over the head with a chair? Going off to Wales when injured? Getting pissed (note Bobby's comments on Bellamy as well as Dyer) and hitting women? Being a 'strange' boy, as Bobby called him? Having to have Freddie warn him about his conduct?

They might have had something to do with it. Bellamy was a tit, Dyer was a tit. Both did well here under Bobbys managership and both did things professional footballers shouldn't.

Let's include the hero Shearer then eh. Kicking Lennon in the mush, smacking Gillespie in the mush. Definitely material that undermines the position of a manager.

Under the time of Robson, Dyer didn't do anything like as well as Bellamy. To suggest otherwise and to lump them together is absurd.

shame he didn't kick Dire in the mush for putting the shirt on a hundred times at least and doing a disappearing act too.

Letting everybody down where it matters most

Thought I'd correct your post there.....

Guest firetotheworks

Or he was honouring his Barcalona contract which was the reason he gave?

I said this ages ago.

absolutely mate.

Real reason though was, he - like lots of geordie players and managers - weren't interested, because we really were a sack of shit of a club, from top to bottom.

The same reason why 3 locally born England players, 2 of which were dyed in the wool Newcastle supporters,  left the club too.

Unfortunately, foolish people who say they were there at the time, refuse to acknowledge this.

Err aye. As a Newcastle fan all of my life I'd choose Newcastle. Wouldn't you?

oh dear

Err aye. As a Newcastle fan all of my life I'd choose Newcastle. Wouldn't you?

Of course I would like to, but I've never been in a position like that. Barcelona were and are a massive club, bigger than us, does he go with them and all that would entail especially if he were successful or does he come to us for sentimental reasons?

I know this isn't reading particularily well and I'm not really getting my point across... it's just the professional vs sentimental thing I'm getting at - I'm sure plenty of players decided against going to the clubs they support in order to instead sign for a bigger and better club who could further them as a player.

[the one that Ozzie Mandiarse dished the dirt on the club to]

Point of information: The paper at which I arranged the opportunity for a spokesman from the Hitzfeld Campaign to have a right of reply after we had been publicly dissed by Shepherd was not, in fact, The People.

Interesting, however, that you continue to confuse Shepherd and "the club". Perhaps your inability to tell the difference helps explain your irrational love of our former chairman.

Can we not "sticky" NE5s thoughts and opinions on the previous board rather than this stuff repeatedly being discussed time after time, hijacking threads and generally bringing the forum quality down.

Point of information: The paper at which I arranged the opportunity for a spokesman from the Hitzfeld Campaign to have a right of reply after we had been publicly dissed by Shepherd was not, in fact, The People.

Interesting, however, that you continue to confuse Shepherd and "the club". Perhaps your inability to tell the difference helps explain your irrational love of our former chairman.

but Fred signed your Idol, Stephen Spence ? Surely you must have some love for that  mackems.gif

And, by the way, dishing the dirt is dishing the dirt in whatever language you choose to call it, and whoever you dished it to.

but Fred signed your Idol, Stephen Spence ? Surely you must have some love for that  mackems.gif

And, by the way, dishing the dirt is dishing the dirt in whatever language you choose to call it, and whoever you dished it to.

Eh? Did you read his post? ???

He didn't deny he "dished the dirt". As he says above, it was Shepherd not NUFC that this "dirt" focussed on.

He didn't deny he "dished the dirt". As he says above, it was Shepherd not NUFC that this "dirt" focussed on.

dished the dirt on the club he says he supports is how I call it

How much more money do you think the board should have gave Bobby Robson ?

What was the net spend for Sir Bobby and how did it compare to the net spend of Dalglish, Gullit, Souness, Roeder and Allardyce?

dished the dirt on the club he says he supports is how I call it

Freddy Shepherd does not = NUFC.

Can we not "sticky" NE5s thoughts and opinions on the previous board rather than this stuff repeatedly being discussed time after time, hijacking threads and generally bringing the forum quality down.

or preferably booboo in his ShepherdisshiteShepherdisshiteShepherdisshite endless moronic moaning.

As has been said by someone yesterday, point me in the direction of posts about the board started by me or people like me, they are ALL started by people like you who for some reason just want to whinge on about the old board.

Hijacking posts ? I think not. Don't start them.

Unbelievable that you think talking about the old board is hijacking a thread with the chairman of it in the title, to be honest. Your problem is just that you want everyone to agree with you, isn't it ?

I said this ages ago.

absolutely mate.

Real reason though was, he - like lots of geordie players and managers - weren't interested, because we really were a sack of s*** of a club, from top to bottom.

The same reason why 3 locally born England players, 2 of which were dyed in the wool Newcastle supporters,  left the club too.

Unfortunately, foolish people who say they were there at the time, refuse to acknowledge this.

He turned us down when we were 2nd in the Premiership, were we shit then?

I've been away for a while but nowt changes.

You still don't grasp that although NE5 may be repeating previous opinions posted he is doing so in response to the same individuals posting a repeat of theirs. You only seem to think an opinion is repeated if you don't agree with it. Very odd, that. Why don't you suggest the repeated opinions of NE5, OM, Mick, tmonkey, Tron and a few others are "stickied?"

Can't sticky any of yours though, since you never post any.... :parky:

I said this ages ago.

absolutely mate.

Real reason though was, he - like lots of geordie players and managers - weren't interested, because we really were a sack of s*** of a club, from top to bottom.

He turned us down when we were 2nd in the Premiership, were we shit then?

Didn't even consider us when we really needed even a half decent manager, at the peak of his playing and managerial career is what sniffer said, I think.

Not like you to ignore what doesn't suit you though is it ?

;D

Maybe, as you've decided to jump in, you could tell the younger lads precisely what I meant when I talked about Gazza, Beardsley and Waddle all leaving the club ?