Squad 2007/2008 - Best ever summer?

NSG

I think it has been a good summer with the number of players we have brought in & the reputations they have. Lets see how it goes. But hey I was impressed in the summer we signed Andy Thorn, Dave Beasent, John Robertson & John Hendrie after selling Gazza.

we now nearly have 2 players for every position now :thup:

4-4-2                                                                                         4-3-3

---------------------------------given-------------------------------------     --------------------------------given---------------------------

--------------------------------harper------------------------------------      -------------------------------harper--------------------------

beye-------------rozehnal-----------------taylor-----------enrique       beye---------taylor---------------------rozehnal-------enrique

carr---------------cacapa-------------------faye-----------babayaro      carr----------cacapa---------------------faye-----------babayaro

milner------------geremi-------------------barton--------n'zogbia        ---------milner----------------barton------------geremi----------

ameobi-----------butt-----------------------emre-----------duff             ---------emre------------------butt--------------n'zogbia---------

-------------------viduka--------------------owen----------------           ----------owen----------------viduka---------------martins----------

-------------------smith--------------------martins--------------            -----------duff------------------ameobi--------------smith-----------

add to this the versatility of beye 'rozehnal,faye'milner'shola'geremi'n'zogbia and smith who can all play numerous positions. Also we have the likes of krul and caroll out on loan which will help in the long run and we have a couple of decent prospects as backup in troisi and edgar.  :smitten:

Best summer ever - YES!

We all new our defence was a load of crap, one of the worst in the PL, and we needed players shipping out and at least 6 signings bringing in. Sam has signed 5 QUALITY defenders and generally improved the rest of the squad. Just think we are lacking an AM now.

I think it has been a good summer with the number of players we have brought in & the reputations they have. Lets see how it goes. But hey I was impressed in the summer we signed Andy Thorn, Dave Beasent, John Robertson & John Hendrie after selling Gazza.

Yes, but look who was in charge...!!

Also, with Gazza gone, we had lost the 'meat' in the sandwich of the team - we signed people at the back & the front, but didn't address the loss of the 'brains'...

Also, would YOU have signed Robertson..!!???

Yes, but look who was in charge...!!

Also, with Gazza gone, we had lost the 'meat' in the sandwich of the team - we signed people at the back & the front, but didn't address the loss of the 'brains'...

Also, would YOU have signed Robertson..!!???

Bez a keeper used to kicking a football to Fash & Corkie, joins us & is aiming at Mira, Hendrie & Robertson!!!! Comical times.

As Robertson at the time yes, in hindsight no.