Premier League Games Today.

Parky

Should have spent that £16.5m on some defenders tbh.

They've got good defenders tbh, Jol's just useless at organising the team to defend a lead..

King and Chimbonda are good but the rest aint that good, Dawson is utter s***. Alot has been said about Bale but defensively he is very average, Going forward he is very good and in time i can see him becoming a regular LW player.

Their best signing this summer. Saw a lot of Gareth Bale at Southampton and he is really quality. However, against the tougher and more acomplished teams in the premiership, I'm not sure if he will perform as well. He will certainly get there, but at the moment against the likes of the top four, or Everton, Villa, Blackburn etc he'll have a very tough time.

;D ;D What do you base this rubbish on?

The fact that he is 17, and he is not going to be going up against Northern Ireland defenders who came in from the championship and league one every week.

I've seen Bale quite a bit actually and he's class, i think he will cope with the teams you mentioned

Guest Knightrider

Excellent performance by Young, the sort of attacking performance that Milner will NEVER put in.

Young is in a totally different league to Milner that is beyond debate.

Btw Milner put in that sort of performance at SJP last season against a much better Chelsea full-back in Paulo Ferreira. Short memories.

And you might want to ask Brummie about how well Milner did at Villa for them.

He done well in a shit Villa team in the same way he dome well in a shit Newcastle team last year, mainly because of his 100% attitude which other players don't have.

He will never be a top player though and won't be good enough for our first team if we've got serious ambitions about becoming a top team again, personally I'd have sold him in the summer and tried to bring someone like SWP in.

Hold on, you said he would never put in the kind of performance Young did EVER, yet I just pointed out to you he already has done, err, against the same top team, Chelsea.

I agree he isn't good enough to be playing regular for a top four side but then I don't believe Young would be either or Lennon, and SWP who you advocate us replacing Milner with, hasn't exactly performed for Chelsea, one of the big four, has he.

That said, I believe Milner is better than Pennant who currently plays for the team at the top of the table and I wouldn't be as quick as you are to write his whole career off just yet.

Love how you use almost anything to justify your dislike of Milner though, even ignoring facts and concrete proof such as Milner's performance against Chelsea last season that pretty much flies in the face of your entire argument that a) he can't perform against such sides and b) that he's never going to be good enough for a top 4 side, despite the player you want us to replace him with having proved he actually isn't.

:lol:

They've got good defenders tbh, Jol's just useless at organising the team to defend a lead..

King and Chimbonda are good but the rest aint that good, Dawson is utter s***. Alot has been said about Bale but defensively he is very average, Going forward he is very good and in time i can see him becoming a regular LW player.

Their best signing this summer. Saw a lot of Gareth Bale at Southampton and he is really quality. However, against the tougher and more acomplished teams in the premiership, I'm not sure if he will perform as well. He will certainly get there, but at the moment against the likes of the top four, or Everton, Villa, Blackburn etc he'll have a very tough time.

The fact that he is 17, and he is not going to be going up against Northern Ireland defenders who came in from the championship and league one every week.

I seem to remember him being one of our better performers against a certain premiership winning team the week before tbh.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. I am talking about when he is eventually moved back to left-back as Jol says he doesn't see him being used as a defender did he not? From what I recall he played as a left-wing against Man U. I think if he is kept there for now he will be fine. At left back though, I think he will struggle against better teams.

Guest kingdawson

I seem to remember him being one of our better performers against a certain premiership winning team the week before tbh.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. I am talking about when he is eventually moved back to left-back as Jol says he doesn't see him being used as a defender did he not? From what I recall he played as a left-wing against Man U. I think if he is kept there for now he will be fine. At left back though, I think he will struggle against better teams.

Dont think he'll ever be moved to left back tbh. Him and Lee have struck up a good understanding down the left side and it will be pointless moving him now.

Guest Knightrider

Noticing the England thread, Bentley is someone I'd have ahead of Young, Milner, Lennon and SWP too, especially in our system. He's proving himself to be a fine player who I rate a lot.

Guest Knightrider

This place really is turning into a Spuds forum. Might as well name change now and save us all the hassle of over returning.

Any news on the Drogba injury?

Yes, and I can confirm it's good news that the cunt is injured.

This place really is turning into a Spuds forum. Might as well name change now and save us all the hassle of over returning.

Any news on the Drogba injury?

Yes, and I can confirm it's good news that the cunt is injured.

Another dream team player bites the dust.

(this is why i've only got one NUFC player, am totally cursed)

Guest kingdawson

BTW N'Zogbia is better than Young, Milner, SWP and Lennon.

False.

Your opinion matters not, tbh.

and your points of view are usually flawed tbh.

Be nice if either of you could offer up some decent debate, rather than 'is better than', and 'false'.

You don't need reason, after all this is a Spuds forum.

I'm bored of that joke already.

Be nice if either of you could offer up some decent debate, rather than 'is better than', and 'false'.

You don't need reason, after all this is a Spuds forum.

I'm bored of that joke already.

I'm bored of the Spuds talk, i might go find me a NUFC forum.

They've got Ledley and Dawson to return and Kaboul looks alright. However in midfield, Zokora is a nothing midfielder. Doesn't defend well and doesn't attack either. He's just kind of there ... Huddlestone is talented and passes the ball well, but then he doesn't quite work in a 4-4-2 as he doesn't quite get around the pitch well enough, and so it leaves them exposed. The left wing is just weird too, they constantly rotate random right wingers into the psoition and it just never quite works.

On the whole they also seem to lack character and toughness. They have no real leadership and are a pretty quiet team. When under the kosh they will always crumble. Could you imagine them fighting Chelsea the way villa did today? Powder Puff Pansies tbh.

Spot on. Throw in the fact that Bale is tiny and might get blown away if there is a strong wind.

Everyone writing Spurs off already is mad, still the best side outside the Top 4 IMO, 4 great strikers and if they get Lennon back playing well the midfield will look much better. The gap is closing though and they'll slip back to the rest of us soon enough.

People are just commenting on whats happend so far, Spurs were praised to high heaven through out the transfer window and nearly everyday we were told how they are amazing and they will beat Arsenal to 4th place. Im happy the wheels are falling off tbh, Im not totally writing Spurs off i think they have a good strike force and on their day they can be a match for anyone but they seem to be turning up expecting the other team to let them win.

Not by me mind.

The Milner bashing is boring tbh, certain people will slag him off no matter what the topic of conversation is.

I am more than confident he will be one of our better players again this season like he has been for the past 2 seasons (including the one at Villa). He will put in more good performances than bad performances and will contribute to the team in terms of attacking and defending.

The "he isn't good enough for a top 4 team" argument is really a pile of shit aswell, as said in another thread we would be lucky if 3 of our current squad would get into one of the top 4 sides but hey lets ignore that and single out Milner.

Some people really need to get over their vendettas with the lad!

One thing that is certain regarding Spurs, Robinson is fucking woeful! Complete liability who puts his defence under pressure with a lot of mistakes and a complete inabilty to react to shots quite a bit.

If I was a spurs fan I would be more worried about getting a replacement for Robinson than I would have been sorting out the left wing.

McClaren seems like its starting to sink into his thick head but I don't think he will properly get it until its too late.

Guest Knightrider

BTW N'Zogbia is better than Young, Milner, SWP and Lennon.

False.

Your opinion matters not, tbh.

and your points of view are usually flawed tbh.

I'll play...

Ok I think (this is my opinion here) that N'Zogbia's technique is far better than all the players I've listed, this isn't NUFC bias but an opinion based on watching these players and making a judgment on what I've seen. He also has the pace, strength and power to match while his ball skills, well they are there for anyone to witness, he danced through 4 players yesterday within 15 yards of space on the left touchline where many would have lost out after the first hurdle. What he also has is an imagination which separates him from the others, he seems a brighter player in the head. Now I'm not saying he's streets ahead of these players, because he isn't, just that for me he has something extra in his locker.

The Milner bashing is boring tbh, certain people will slag him off no matter what the topic of conversation is.

I am more than confident he will be one of our better players again this season like he has been for the past 2 seasons (including the one at Villa). He will put in more good performances than bad performances and will contribute to the team in terms of attacking and defending.

The "he isn't good enough for a top 4 team" argument is really a pile of shit aswell, as said in another thread we would be lucky if 3 of our current squad would get into one of the top 4 sides but hey lets ignore that and single out Milner.

Some people really need to get over their vendettas with the lad!

I like Milner always have and he has developed a rare telekenesis with Zoggy which was plain to see the other day. The combined well and service well over 70% of our chances iirc.

But Ashley Young is a better player than him in some ways mainly pace and close control.

What I really like about Milner is that he is becoming more two footed as the years roll on.