Sam Allardyce

Guest WalkervilleMag

We need to nip this unbeaten football in the bud, hopefully an all out attacking defeat at Derby will give people hope.

:lol:

I for one would much rather lose 4-3 than win 1-0...

As if Derby can score three goals!

We need to nip this unbeaten football in the bud, hopefully an all out attacking defeat at Derby will give people hope.

Clean sheets are totally overrated. When I saw Bramble shank it out to one of our players & we scored off it, I thought that's the sort of thing our new defenders need to do, this calm & efficient defending doesn't give the heart rush that keystone cop defending did.

Decent signings in part, far far improved LOOKING defence (lets not start sucking players off before they bed in), big huge fat head.

He's a top 10 manager at a top 10 club, simple as.

Agreed.  You should definitely wait until they're in bed before you start sucking them off.

see what i did there

COMEDY AFTERTHOUGHT EDIT:  You should also make them buy you dinner first.

every time we have  built the team from forwards and glory boy midfielders we  have been shite..i have chewed my nails off even when we have been 3-0 up at home because you knew sooner or later the defence would fuk up,,,,,, big sam has got the right approach to building a successful side long term,,,,give the guy a few years to get the team flowing....i think he will do a smashing job,,,,,,,,,it beats the shit out of all this sexy football bollicks :)

I thought Kenny Dalglish was the right man at the right time and that went tits up fairly quickly.

I think we need to see what the team is like at Christmas once he gets Barton fit as IMO he is the key.

i've been saying that all along...barton will push us into attack and bring creativity to our midfield not to mention getting zoggy off the back line and duffer fit and playing well again

also, once we make it back to europe which is a realistic expectation for this year imagine the type of players big sam will be able to coax up to St. James

Do people expect us to become Barcelona over night? Big Sam has built the team/squad in the right way imo. Without over spending he's added some steel and strenghtened the team in many areas, both in starting team and also squad wise. We now simply have a much better balance and competition for places in our squad.

We will not be any pushovers this season like we've been under Souness and Roeder. I believe that we will be much more consistant through the season. And that will certainly bring more points than any roller coaster style of a season with a couple of "fancy football" games followed by some miserable performance's.

I believe that Big Sam is trying to build a solid core of players that he knows will generate in more points rather than signing a couple of expensive entertainers.

By doing that, it will buy him more time as a manager and he can build on from there and later adding those finishing touches that he surely has in his mind i would believe. And  some people should not forget that we are not in the CL or even the UEFA Cup atm.

Imo i think that Big Sam is doing it EXACTLY the way that he should. Building the team and squad from scratch, looking through the whole setup from players and staff and everything around and replacing all that he thinks needs to be replaced. Keeping the pieces he thinks is needed and adding to those to get us slowly but steadily moving into the right direction.

And after that im sure he wouldn't mind adding some players that will get us playing better football. Because maybe after this season we will already be more attractive to other players around the world and then im sure we have a much better structure at the club, more organisation throughout the whole setup at the club and a really decent squad.

We have to have a strategy and a longterm plan to break into the top four in the future, and im confident that if we do it in the future, im sure that this is the way to start. Big credit to Sam.

I think both are far better than that and together will prove that in time. Over the past few years statistically he's been the 6th best manager in the league, however I'd go one further and claim him to be the best outside of the top 4 and by some margin, I really believe that and this is not NUFC bias kicking in I've said it many times while he was Bolton manager. I doubt any manager other than Big Sam could have done the wheeling and dealing and brought in the kind of players we have this summer on a pretty small budget while under the strains of a takeover nor identified all our problems so quickly to get to work on them in the manner he has done. He was indeed the right man for the job and luckily for us, he hasn't even scratched the surface yet and neither has the club in terms of new potential under him and the new owner and management. The only way is up literally for us now. Of course it won't always be a garden or roses, but if we remain patient, understanding and the manager gets the support and backing of everyone in every sense possible, we'll succeed.

Spot on.

I was massively opposed to sam, because i hated everything about bolton. But to be fair, he has done everything right so far. Got rid of the shite, brought in some class players. And has us heading i the right direction.

As your man said, patience is the key. Its all thats needed.

It is no surprise to me that piss heads like Dyer & Solano bailed out ASAP, the last thing fellas like this needed was all this science bollocks proving that they liked a bevy or a bottle of Cristal or two

It was shame to see players like Dyer & Nobby leave because they wanted to be near there families, I am sure them two more than most would of benefited from Sams methods.

They'd have to score four...

They'd have to score four...

:blush:

Guest microbar

Just look at the shambles that is Sammy Lee at Bolton, then look at Sam to see how it should be done.

Lee seems to be trying to copy everything Sam does, down to the headset, but is just clueless.

Hope hey go down purely for Sammy Lee

Thats sams headset he left it in the office at bolton,

Little sam has not worked out how to swich it on yet LOL  mackems.gif

Do people expect us to become Barcelona over night? Big Sam has built the team/squad in the right way imo. Without over spending he's added some steel and strenghtened the team in many areas, both in starting team and also squad wise. We now simply have a much better balance and competition for places in our squad.

We will not be any pushovers this season like we've been under Souness and Roeder. I believe that we will be much more consistant through the season. And that will certainly bring more points than any roller coaster style of a season with a couple of "fancy football" games followed by some miserable performance's.

I believe that Big Sam is trying to build a solid core of players that he knows will generate in more points rather than signing a couple of expensive entertainers.

By doing that, it will buy him more time as a manager and he can build on from there and later adding those finishing touches that he surely has in his mind i would believe. And  some people should not forget that we are not in the CL or even the UEFA Cup atm.

Imo i think that Big Sam is doing it EXACTLY the way that he should. Building the team and squad from scratch, looking through the whole setup from players and staff and everything around and replacing all that he thinks needs to be replaced. Keeping the pieces he thinks is needed and adding to those to get us slowly but steadily moving into the right direction.

And after that im sure he wouldn't mind adding some players that will get us playing better football. Because maybe after this season we will already be more attractive to other players around the world and then im sure we have a much better structure at the club, more organisation throughout the whole setup at the club and a really decent squad.

We have to have a strategy and a longterm plan to break into the top four in the future, and im confident that if we do it in the future, im sure that this is the way to start. Big credit to Sam.

nice rant there buddy.  i'm not sure who it's directed at but anyone who supports this club and has more than a roedent sized brain know's we're not in europe.....

I am very happy about Big Sam and the way he begin his regime in Newcastle. Critical fans are amazing and they don't know where the club are in the past three years. His methods revolutinized the team and we will see the benefits in the future. His signing also very astute and to get a player with Casapa for free is nothing sort of mircle. Our defense area was a laughing stoke and a weakness in the team for decades. Yet if we complain about some flair other than we stability we need to check our heads.

Guest torontoon

I'm delighted with just about everything that Sam has done so far. The only minor criticism would be the signing of Alan Smith - I love the lad's effort and heart but right now he seems to be pretty much a spare part. It's a shame that someone like Benayoun decided he'd rather sit on Chelski's bench - he would have been ideal to carry us through to when Barton gets back.

Guest DONTOONER

He's a top 10 manager at a top 10 club, simple as.

I think both are far better than that and together will prove that in time. Over the past few years statistically he's been the 6th best manager in the league, however I'd go one further and claim him to be the best outside of the top 4 and by some margin, I really believe that and this is not NUFC bias kicking in I've said it many times while he wa s Bolton manager. I doubt any manager other than Big Sam could have done the wheeling and dealing and brought in the kind of players we have this summer on a pretty small budget while under the strains of a takeover nor identified all our problems so quickly to get to work on them in the manner he has done. He was indeed the right man for the job and luckily for us, he hasn't even scratched the surface yet and neither has the club in terms of new potential under him and the new owner and management. The only way is up literally for us now. Of course it won't always be a garden or roses, but if we remain patient, understanding and the manager gets the support and backing of everyone in every sense possible, we'll succeed.

Think Sven is the manager just below the top 4. Sam and Jol comes after. The top four undoubtedly have proven themselves to be consistent in the league and Europe. The brand of football they play is at least a couple of levels higher.

Benitez (Strongest in One of matches where he analyzes  opposing teams, against baca ,Ron and messi were stuff out all match because his players knew how to play against them.)

Mourihno (Most balance team in terms of attack and defense therefore most consistent on all levels of competition.)

Fergie(Impressed me again and again,even at his age his brand of football is still evolving. Becoming a very good team on the counter attack and timed some of their attacks to perfection last season.)

Wenger ( Without question,a quality manager that make super stars and play a trend of fluid attacking football that is beautiful to watch when it is flowing.)

Sven( Good manager that allows his players to express themselves really well, look to be dangerous on the counter since it is very unpredictable. Typical Italian style of football. However i doubt they will finish high on the table coming end of the season as i predict his players will run out of steam at some point. Maybe in another two seasons things might be different.)

Jol(Typical Dutch type of coaching where they build from the back. In my books a manager that is weak tactically in decisions to change a game and also in parts of the game when they break under pressure. However makes up for it by utilizing his strikers very well, making their runs very hard to track therefore always getting behind the defenses. Heavily relies on his strikers to produce.)

Big Sam( Very Organize team structure, positions his players well, therefore a solid team in ball winning and defending set pieces. However going forward ,compared the above managers he has less ideas to break down a good

solid defense. Looks to me he might be evolving to the next level as a manager but in terms of attacking he is lacking behind the big 4 or Sven and Jol by a  margin.)

apart from these managers Moyes, Redknapp and O'Neil on their day could get the teams over performing on regular basis.

Overall the league is looking the most competitive in years....cant wait for another quality manager to join the league  and unbalance the top 4......the likes of Lippi,Scolari,Ramo,Hizfield,Capello will certainly add a different flavor to the league.

nice rant there buddy.  i'm not sure who it's directed at but anyone who supports this club and has more than a roedent sized brain know's we're not in europe.....

It's directed to those who complain about us playing s*** football, which i cant "fully" agree with, of course we can play better football, but the team needs some time to gel, and Big Sam hasnt exactly had much time yet. We have to have some patience and take it step by step, things wont happen over night.

I cannot understand those negative people. We have had the best start in the league since quite a few years. Instead of complaining about silly stuff like "we dont play super perfect football" i try to look at all the good things that has happened in just a few months, everything like a new ownership, coach, the new players, some players we have got rid of and the whole new setup and strategy at the club.

Things could of been much more worse? Right?

So let's have some patience ffs, at least we are going in the right direction and the future of our club looks brighter than it has done for many years......

Im happy like hell atm about how things are going ;)