Steven Taylor rejects new contract; Liverpool preparing £5m bid?

magorific
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Actually he wants 15k a week but is being given less than that.

No, he's been offered more than that.

Does anyone actually know? There's too many my nan's postman's brother stories in this thread.

Don't you know?  All you have to do is put the three letters ITK in your post and you can say Taylor has an ego, he's depriving surgeons of a living with his wages demands, and that he's the worst player ever to come through the academy

Does anyone actually know? There's too many my nan's postman's brother stories in this thread.

Don't you know?  All you have to do is put the three letters ITK in your post and you can say Taylor has an ego, he's depriving surgeons of a living with his wages demands, and that he's the worst player ever to come through the academy

Yep, everyone's said that. If you don't put ITK, does that mean you're allowed to make up what people are saying?

Yep, everyone's said that. If you don't put ITK, does that mean you're allowed to make up what people are saying?

You're missing my point.  People put ITK then make stuff up as if its real, just as I did there.

No one on here thinks he is a world beater, some people think he's a decent young centre half, then there's the clueless people who think he's a terrible defender, which he clearly isn't.

The phrase that pisses me off most is "Bramble-esque", theres no comparison between the two at all.

You're missing my point.  People put ITK then make stuff up as if its real, just as I did there.

No one on here thinks he is a world beater, some people think he's a decent young centre half, then there's the clueless people who think he's a terrible defender, which he clearly isn't.

The phrase that pisses me off most is "Bramble-esque", theres no comparison between the two at all.

I don't really fancy reading the rest of this thread again, so could you post links to the posts which say he's a terrible defender please?

Taylor has 'AVERAGE' written all over him.

He has likely6 been tapped up by whoever and probably wants John Terry wages for Titus Bramble performances.

If he wasn't a 'local' then he would get the s*** his performances deserve.

Another Dyer scenario in my opinion. Let him go rather than have a useless c*** on £80k pw

Worst post ever tbh :undecided:

Most accurate post in this thread.

Taylor will be 4th choice central defender after Cacapa, Rozy and Faye.

He f***** up at Boro for their 1st and ddn't he f*** up v Villa but got out of jail? 2 bad mistakes in 4 games - 1 punished the other not.

You ask a question, then present it as a fact. How did Taylor fuck up v Villa?

Ok then, lets think of Pompey away towards the end of last season.

well this one for a start, and this one elsewhere

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=44349.msg976029#msg976029

Guest toonlass

The lad should be on a wage which is comparable to Milner and Charlie Zog. He is a potential talent, and its not as if he is going to be asking for £103k a week and then only playing 2 games is it?(I forget, do we have a player who last season was on that kind of wage?). The lad is still on reserves pay, and yet played 44 games last season and was our one decent defender consistantly last year. Give the lad a break, and the pay he deserves(in footballing terms).

Guest Sniffer

Perhaps Taylor needs to take the huff for a year, put in absolutely no effort and then manage to play four decent games. Looks like that is the way to get an improved contract at the toon.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

We've got someone like Faye on £30,000 a week and still insult Taylor with a third of that. What a load of s****.

:lol:

You've no idea mate.

?

The Guardian says Spurs have been watching Taylor.

Guest toonlass

We've got someone like Faye on £30,000 a week and still insult Taylor with a third of that. What a load of s****.

You've no idea mate.

?

The Guardian also says the Toon Army are also Islamaphobic. Maybe you should choose your reading material a bit more selectively.

You've no idea mate.

?

Spurs don't need him, they have the two finest centre halves in Europe in King and Dawson, and they're both English!

He has likely6 been tapped up by whoever and probably wants John Terry wages for Titus Bramble performances.

Another Dyer scenario in my opinion. Let him go rather than have a useless c*** on £80k pw

He f***** up at Boro for their 1st and ddn't he f*** up v Villa but got out of jail? 2 bad mistakes in 4 games - 1 punished the other not.

You ask a question, then present it as a fact. How did Taylor fuck up v Villa?

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=44349.msg976029#msg976029

I'll do something I rarely if ever have to do - I'LL ADMIT HERE AND NOW I WAS WRONG REGARDING TAYLOR.

My statement above that he's 4th choice I will concede may be innacurate, when/if Edmilson signs in January he'll be 5th choice.

My apologies to the offended.

Taylor is on £9,000 a week at the minute. should be on alot more

Presumably why he's been offered a new contract on a lot more.

how do you know he's been offered more?

If he's not offered more then he walks away for free. Remember Stan Cummins?

You ask a question, then present it as a fact. How did Taylor f*** up v Villa?

The main points in that post are quite correct though.

Guest elbee909

Taylor is on £9,000 a week at the minute. should be on alot more

How does he manage to live on a poxy 9k a week????

My heart bleeds!!!!!!!!  w@nker!

Ignorant post tbh

Ignorant?  how exactly?

I know players earn much much more but nobody on the planet deserves 9k a week for kicking a ball about. People who do important things like heart transplants earn far far less!

I don't think millions of people pay to watch heart transplants.

That's capitalism for you.

Guest 3-1 NYD

Remember Stan Cummins?

Unfortunately I do, the Smog/Mackem c*nt scored the first goal in the first 3-1 NYD game, fortunately Tommy Cass equalised with a long range effort. Toon went on to win comfortably 3-1!Remember 'Stanley' bodypopping after he scored the filths goal.

On the subject of Taylor, we'd be MAD to let him go!

It's hilarious the way some people like to make posts telling us all how much money 'x' player is on, as if they know. Makes me laugh every time. Nobody on here has the facts. Nobody on here knows what his current wage is, nobody knows what the offer is and nobody knows what Zog and Milner are being paid, not that it's at all relevant what they're earning. It's also irrelevant how much failures like Luque and Boumsong were earning.

It is especically stupid for Taylor to be compared to Gerrard and Carragher by his father. If this is true then Taylor needs to get his feet on the ground, or at least his father's feet on the ground. He should negotiate his deal on his own behalf, or have someone competent appointed by the PFA as his representative in these negotiations.

Among a number of the accurate posts are these:

danny_nufc

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=45064.msg1003932#msg1003932

CG (as usual)

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=45064.msg1003857#msg1003857

bluegeordie, Other than the reference to giving Taylor a long term contract

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=45064.msg1004330#msg1004330

TBH I think its a joke people saying he is a totally cack defender. He is not, he has the potential to be a class player, is only young, oh and he played alongside shitus bumble, broomsong, carr, baba etc in last few seasons. Now how is a young defender gonna learn from that shower of shite. I personally think taylor will come on leaps and bounds this season under allardyces training and guidance and playing alongside both elegant centre halfs and uncompromising hard tackling centre halves. He worked alongside defenders last season that just did not have a clue and for a manager who was as clueless. Young players need experienced players to learn from.

I remember when terry first came through and everyone was saying he's not that good and he did not look as good as ferdinand or campbell but now he is number one centre half for club and country and is highly influential. yet he does not posess great speed, he is just a tough tackler and never gives up. I think taylor has some key attributes that if worked with properly will see him be a top centre half. You don't catch the eye of the top four if your crap. Ferguson, mourinho and benitez are no mugs thats for sure

To be fair I read the Gerrard/Carra bit as an example of homegrown talent not getting shafted due to their love for the club rather than Taylor senior comparing ability.

So did everyone else.

Not everyone, as LLLO said some people used it as another chance to have a dig at Taylor.

To be fair I read the Gerrard/Carra bit as an example of homegrown talent not getting shafted due to their love for the club rather than Taylor senior comparing ability.

So did everyone else.

Its just some people took it as an opportunity to do something different with it

Sure you're not just being overly sensitive?

I think it's obvious what the comparison is about, or at least it should be.

So did everyone else.

Its just some people took it as an opportunity to do something different with it

Sure you're not just being overly sensitive?

I think it's obvious what the comparison is about, or at least it should be.

Oversensitive?  You only have to read what people have said in here to see the comparison some people are choosing to make