Freddie Shepherd to buy Leeds?!

Guest sicko2ndbest

If anyone changes their username there's always a note underneath that tells everyone what it used to be.

must have missed it DAve, I'm not normally bothered, but now he's been mentioned .........

If anyone changes their username there's always a note underneath that tells everyone what it used to be.

So it's impossible to register under another name then? Just asking like, 'cos I don't know, but I can't see what there is to stop someone doing that.

Their IP address would clash, and I'd reject the registration. All new members are approved first.

NE5 I'd rather bump this thread to be honest.

Claiming Bates success at Chelsea is totally down to Hardings cash is very silly and helps show how inept Freddie was.

IF Chelsea's success is due to the £25 million Harding injected into the club - why didn't fred match this level with the £25 million he got from Northern Rock?

To quote yourself

I remember Chelsea before Harding stepped in, they were no better than the mackems, and us at the time for that matter, for a long time with Bates as chairman.

Yet they won loads of trophies with this cash while we didn't.

How can this be? :sad2:

I'm sorry for you. I've tried to explain and show you that nobody took this cup you are harping on about seriously, but as you are so desperate to show anything that puts Shepherd in a bad light you wish to consider it important, thats your problem.

You are clearly young, and know nothing, and won't even be told anything.

How about comparing Shepherd and Hall to the 87 other chairmen who didn't qualify for europe as often as we did ? I'm not really surprised this hasn't sunk in yet.

You're the sort of hypocrite who will congratulate Ashley when we win a game under Allardyce but criticise Shepherd for appointing him when we lose a game.

Now bugger off. You're a pain in the neck, and boring to boot.

Nice bit of waffle there NE5 but I don't believe this thread is about '87 other chairmen'

Its about Bates and Shepherd and how Bates managed to achieve more success after a cash injection while Freddie didn't.

EDIT PS I'm 42 - the last time anyone thought I was 'young' was in a different millennium  :lol:

well, its a real shame you appear completely unaware of how much improved the club was left by the Halls and Shepherd in comparion to how they found it.

Which says something and its quite easy to guess what.

Also, how insignificant this cup was that you keep harping on about. Never mind, nobody is worried about it, or was, apart from you.

Yes you made your feelings on the various trophies clear at the bottom of page 10 when you wrote:

Don't agree at all with the micky mouse cup analogy. Sorry like. I'd be pleased to win the UEFA Cup or the League Cup, but couldn't give a toss about the Full Members Cup, the Zenith Data Cup, the north east league or even the intertoto for that matter, just so long as we go through to the real competition the next time we are in it.

And thus dismissed the only piece of silverware fat fred brought home ;D

Now is there any chance of you addressing which chairman used their cash injection most effectively?

oh dear.

So it's impossible to register under another name then? Just asking like, 'cos I don't know, but I can't see what there is to stop someone doing that.

Their IP address would clash, and I'd reject the registration. All new members are approved first.

What about dynamic IP's?

What about people who have multiple computers in the hoose as I do? Are you saying that my son (who used to be a member way back before this software was in use) can't be a member while I'm a member?

What about dynamic IP's?

What about people who have multiple computers in the hoose as I do? Are you saying that my son (who used to be a member way back before this software was in use) can't be a member while I'm a member?

Yes, he can be a member.

If someone's that desperate to duplicate their account then yes they could do it. But it's not something I like tbh, and if it was spotted we'd request they got rid of the spare account.

Claiming Bates success at Chelsea is totally down to Hardings cash is very silly and helps show how inept Freddie was.

IF Chelsea's success is due to the £25 million Harding injected into the club - why didn't fred match this level with the £25 million he got from Northern Rock?

To quote yourself

I remember Chelsea before Harding stepped in, they were no better than the mackems, and us at the time for that matter, for a long time with Bates as chairman.

I'm sorry for you. I've tried to explain and show you that nobody took this cup you are harping on about seriously, but as you are so desperate to show anything that puts Shepherd in a bad light you wish to consider it important, thats your problem.

How about comparing Shepherd and Hall to the 87 other chairmen who didn't qualify for europe as often as we did ? I'm not really surprised this hasn't sunk in yet.

You're the sort of hypocrite who will congratulate Ashley when we win a game under Allardyce but criticise Shepherd for appointing him when we lose a game.

Nice bit of waffle there NE5 but I don't believe this thread is about '87 other chairmen'

Its about Bates and Shepherd and how Bates managed to achieve more success after a cash injection while Freddie didn't.

EDIT PS I'm 42 - the last time anyone thought I was 'young' was in a different millennium  :lol:

well, its a real shame you appear completely unaware of how much improved the club was left by the Halls and Shepherd in comparion to how they found it.

Also, how insignificant this cup was that you keep harping on about. Never mind, nobody is worried about it, or was, apart from you.

Yes you made your feelings on the various trophies clear at the bottom of page 10 when you wrote:

Don't agree at all with the micky mouse cup analogy. Sorry like. I'd be pleased to win the UEFA Cup or the League Cup, but couldn't give a toss about the Full Members Cup, the Zenith Data Cup, the north east league or even the intertoto for that matter, just so long as we go through to the real competition the next time we are in it.

Now is there any chance of you addressing which chairman used their cash injection most effectively?

oh dear.

The bit of your post I have highlighted is pretty pathetic for 3 reasons.

1 Saying (incorrectly) that 'well, its a real shame you appear completely unaware of how much improved the club was left by the Halls and Shepherd in comparion to how they found it. ' is a moronic point to raise as exactly the same could be said about Chelsea and Bates.

2 Your second sentence says that you were wrong in the first one and is therefore invalid

3 (My personal favourite amongst the latest line of shite from you) - to say 'Also, how insignificant this cup was that you keep harping on about. Never mind, nobody is worried about it, or was, apart from you.' is idiotic when you consider its a comparison of what happened AFTER the cash injections.

You have just dismissed the FA Cup (twice), the league cup (again), the cup winners cup and the super cup

What a clown you are

To quote yourself

oh dear.

1 Saying (incorrectly) that 'well, its a real shame you appear completely unaware of how much improved the club was left by the Halls and Shepherd in comparion to how they found it. ' is a moronic point to raise as exactly the same could be said about Chelsea and Bates.

2 Your second sentence says that you were wrong in the first one and is therefore invalid

3 (My personal favourite amongst the latest line of shite from you) - to say 'Also, how insignificant this cup was that you keep harping on about. Never mind, nobody is worried about it, or was, apart from you.' is idiotic when you consider its a comparison of what happened AFTER the cash injections.

You have just dismissed the FA Cup (twice), the league cup (again), the cup winners cup and the super cup

What a clown you are

I don't think so. I just can't be arsed with you.

As HTL has said, the stupidest comments I ever see, are from people like you who think the chairman of a football club is the person who decides where the cash is spent.

Its even more stupid than someone saying that qualifying for the Champions league, qualifying for europe more than any club bar 4, and NUFC achieving 3 top 5 league finishes for the first time in 50 years is "failure". The fact that you don't understand this, tells its own story.

As you are so insistent on blaming a chairman for the club not winning the FA Cup, perhaps in your wisdom you could tell us precisely why it is anyone else's fault other than the players for not turning up in 2 FA Cup Finals ?

Only an utter clown would make such an absurd insinuation 

:clap:

To quote yourself

oh dear.

3 (My personal favourite amongst the latest line of s**** from you) - to say 'Also, how insignificant this cup was that you keep harping on about. Never mind, nobody is worried about it, or was, apart from you.' is idiotic when you consider its a comparison of what happened AFTER the cash injections.

What a clown you are

As HTL has said, the stupidest comments I ever see, are from people like you who think the chairman of a football club is the person who decides where the cash is spent.

Its even more stupid than someone saying that qualifying for the Champions league, qualifying for europe more than any club bar 4, and NUFC achieving 3 top 5 league finishes for the first time in 50 years is "failure". The fact that you don't understand this, tells its own story.

As you are so insistent on blaming a chairman for the club not winning the FA Cup, perhaps in your wisdom you could tell us precisely why it is anyone else's fault other than the players for not turning up in 2 FA Cup Finals ?

Your tying yourself in knots here with your bull NE5

If you can't be arsed with me - why do you quote and reply to my posts - then ask further questions?

Do you really think finishing in the top 5 for three years in succession is better than winning the FA Cup or a European trophy or two?

The chairman in any organisation is responsible for financial stability. They may not control finances on a daily basis but of course they are responsible for them. Mort is quite correct in his comments about spending money before we had it. A dangerous game. Personally I also agree with Morts comments about lack of stability in the league placings. Nobody complains about the good things. Just as people are correct in questioning the risk in spending money before you have it on goods that may or may not carry any worth. In our case we (the board) employed a fella who spent money on shit.

To quote yourself

oh dear.

3 (My personal favourite amongst the latest line of s**** from you) - to say 'Also, how insignificant this cup was that you keep harping on about. Never mind, nobody is worried about it, or was, apart from you.' is idiotic when you consider its a comparison of what happened AFTER the cash injections.

What a clown you are

If you can't be arsed with me - why do you quote and reply to my posts - then ask further questions?

Do you really think finishing in the top 5 for three years in succession is better than winning the FA Cup or a European trophy or two?

like I said, why don't you explain how you blame boards of directors and chairman for players not performing in 2 FA Cup finals ?

You're the one going on about it, not me ?

From where I'm sitting, neither Shepherd or Bates actually played in any of their clubs FA Cup Finals.  mackems.gif

You could also explain how all these clubs with better boards and chairmen than us never got to any Finals either, if you fancy it ?

BTW, I'm not really asking you, I don't care if you reply or not, in fact I know you won't because you know you can't and its amusing making you look like the fool you are.

To quote yourself

oh dear.

What a clown you are

like I said, why don't you explain how you blame boards of directors and chairman for players not performing in 2 FA Cup finals ?

From where I'm sitting, neither Shepherd or Bates actually played in any of their clubs FA Cup Finals.  mackems.gif

You could also explain how all these clubs with better boards and chairmen than us never got to any Finals either, if you fancy it ?

BTW, I'm not really asking you, I don't care if you reply or not, in fact I know you won't because you know you can't and its amusing making you look like the fool you are.

I'm only talking about two clubs - us and Chelsea.

Chelsea won more silverware under Bates than we won under Freddie.

You are the only person who can't admit this (apart from your leg humper HTL)

To quote yourself

oh dear.

What a clown you are

why not talk about us and say, the mackems ?

You were talking about the zenith data systems or whatever it was called, and I correctly said that nobody was bothered about it, so you moved on to the FA Cup.

Your silly jibe in brackets betrays the fact that you know you are losing BTW, and have no answer to my comments about blaming chairman for the lack of performance of players, which simply doesn't stand up.

I wouldn't have Bates in preference to Shepherd, that is the subject of the thread, and you ain't gonna change my mind, especially on the back of the fact that it is clear you don't really have much depth to your level of football knowledge and understanding.

Fancy blaming a Chairman for players not winning an FA Cup Final  mackems.gif Priceless  mackems.gif

To quote yourself

oh dear.

What a clown you are

You were talking about the zenith data systems or whatever it was called, and I correctly said that nobody was bothered about it, so you moved on to the FA Cup.

Your silly jibe in brackets betrays the fact that you know you are losing BTW, and have no answer to my comments about blaming chairman for the lack of performance of players, which simply doesn't stand up.

I wouldn't have Bates in preference to Shepherd, that is the subject of the thread, and you ain't gonna change my mind, especially on the back of the fact that it is clear you don't really have much depth to your level of football knowledge and understanding.

Fancy blaming a Chairman for players not winning an FA Cup Final  mackems.gif Priceless  mackems.gif

Fancy mentioning the mackems when its been clearly stated we are discussing two clubs - us and chelsea.

Fancy mentioning the cups before Harding joined chelsea's board when this particular discussion is what happened AFTER the cash injection he brought

Fancy having to have this pointed out to you several times yet you still can't get it.

To quote yourself

oh dear.

What a clown you are

Fancy mentioning the mackems when its been clearly stated we are discussing two clubs - us and chelsea.

Fancy mentioning the cups before Harding joined chelsea's board when this particular discussion is what happened AFTER the cash injection he brought

Fancy having to have this pointed out to you several times yet you still can't get it.

We are discussing who we would prefer as chairman, Bates or Shepherd.

You clearly think that Bates is better because you think he had a direct influence on the performance of Chelsea's players in a couple of Cup Finals. Laughable, and clearly shows you understand absolutely jack shit about the managerial structure of a football club.

You are clearly completely unable to see that NUFC is much better off now than it was pre-Shepherd and Hall, as I said, this tells me everything I need to know.

Why not compare us to the mackems ? After all, when the Halls and Shepherd took over the club, we were pretty much level with them, as we had been for a few decades. In fact we were below them, as they were above us in the league, and had also reached the FA Cup Final, where they were soundly beaten by Liverpool which was of course all the fault of Bob Murray  mackems.gif

It's all a matter of perspective. I can tell you that before Harding, Chelsea sometimes got crowds of under 10000, while Bates was chairman, and I know this is true, because I was there a couple of times with a Chelsea supporter that I knew very well. Were you ?

So i you prefer Ken Bates to Shepherd that is your prerogative, but if you read through this thread, other people do too, but laughingly you don't answer my observations and continue to blame the chairman for the poor performance of NUFC players in 2 FA Cup Finals. Hilarious.

I've sussed you out as a bandwagon jumper with a very limited view of the history of the club, in fact you don't even want to know the history of the club. And whats more, you know it.

If I promise to keep this thread open will you lot promise to keep all 'previous board' discussion in here only?

Makes it easier to avoid. ;)

Well Dave, when 2sheds realises the chairman of a football club doesn't tell his players to play shite in Cup Finals, it may be time to close it.

Somehow, I doubt he will though.

He might also concede that clubs with shit chairman don't qualify for the Champions League either. At the end of the day though, if he thinks he's wasting money - assuming he goes to games - he can easily do what 30000 people [and he himself too I suspect] did when we had a shite board, which is of course stop going.

I look forward to world domination under Ashley, now that Shepherd has gone and its all been his fault  mackems.gif

Whatever. :lol:

He'll be back, slating Shepherd as the worst chairman in the history of the world because he had a few beers and said a few daft things in a brothel.

Terrible, that like.

mackems.gif

To quote yourself

oh dear.

What a clown you are

Qualifying for the CL twice, based on table position, and with that receiving the CL-related 'financial benefits' and the 'player pulling power in the transfer market'. Then the answer is yes. Anybody can fluke a Cup win, especially the FA Cup in any given year.

Wasn't Shepherd's fault that the Halls cashed in their chips & raided the club's coffers accordingly during one particular Summer of transfer market inactivity on our part- ie. The Partizan Summer - or that Robson decided that he'd have the team sit back and defend a 1 goal lead against Partizan, a tactic which blew up in his and ultimately the club's face in a big way.

Sicsfingeredmong

Do you really think finishing in the top 5 for three years in succession  is better than winning the FA Cup or a European trophy or two
Qualifying for the CL twice, based on table position, and with that receiving the CL-related 'financial benefits' and the 'player pulling power in the transfer market'. Then the answer is yes. Anybody can fluke a Cup win, especially the FA Cup in any given year.

Lets leave aside the fact we haven't been able to 'fluke' the FA Cup for 50 years :rant:

We are specifically talking about chelsea after Harding joined the board.

The given year for the FA Cup would be 1997 - 3 years after his cash injection.

Chelsea won the cup in 1997 and the following season  completed a successful european campaign to win not only the cup winners cup but also the european super cup after beating real madrid in the final

And you would swap all that for 3 top 5 finishes? :yikes:

Wasn't Shepherd's fault that the Halls cashed in their chips & raided the club's coffers accordingly during one particular Summer of transfer market inactivity on our part- ie. The Partizan Summer - or that Robson decided that he'd have the team sit back and defend a 1 goal lead against Partizan, a tactic which blew up in his and ultimately the club's face in a big way.

Apparently it was the fault of the manager who was starved of funds for his last 18 months .

You know the one who got you the successive top 5 finishes in the first place - the ones you'd prefer to collecting trophies at wembley or winning cups in europe.

It could never be the fault of an inept chairman who was unable to raise funds for the transfer market until he'd sacked the said manager responsible for the 3 top 5 finishes for the first time in 50 years and appointed a complete dickhead from a lower placed league club in his place. :thup:

I'll answer NE5 tomorrow - if I need to.

He appears to be managing this debate all by himself by knowing exactly what I'm thinking and putting me right on the errors of my 'stance' as he sees it  :laugh: