Off to Wembley tomorrow!

Incognito

When I went to see the conference playoff final, on the very back of the lower tier in one of the corners, there is a sheet of metal which can be used to create great sound if the back row are willing to get some hammerring going. From what I could see, the rest of the lower tier had to make do with brick wall.

However, I noticed on Saturday that this is where we sit the away fans for England matches. Talk about handing an unnecessary benefit to the opposition.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

You've probably left by now, but I hope you get out of there quickly. It takes about an hour to get to a tube station. You could be getting back to Newcastle very late indeed.

Incredible stadium, great atmosphere, hopefully we'll get a game to match.

2-0, England.

You've probably left by now, but I hope you get out of there quickly. It takes about an hour to get to a tube station. You could be getting back to Newcastle very late indeed.

lol are you thick?

Wembley Park tube station is about 15 minutes walk away, maximum.

lol are you thick?

I take it you don't watch the news then? Where they had this whole report of how long it takes to leave Wembley and get to the Tube station? That even if you left 5 minutes from the end it was likely to take you an hour and a half because of policing and sheer numbers. I can imagine the rush to get in is quite bad as well, depending on what time people arrive and how well the ticketing system is working.

lol are you thick?

I take it you don't watch the news then? Where they had this whole report of how long it takes to leave Wembley and get to the Tube station? That even if you left 5 minutes from the end it was likely to take you an hour and a half because of policing and sheer numbers. I can imagine the rush to get in is quite bad as well, depending on what time people arrive and how well the ticketing system is working.

For cup ties when people want to make a day of it, it only takes about 5 mins to get through the turnstiles.

Took me about 20 mins to get to the Tube Station on the way back, but that was at 50% capacity. By the way, when you arrive on tube, stay back behind the crowds on the platform, and while the surge eases, get the camera out and setup properly. You'll get a brilliant view of Wembley when you leave the station, and will want a photo, only the police wont let you stop to take one.

lol are you thick?

I've been to a sold out Wembley, from Wembley Park to the stadium took us about 10-15 minutes and then back again (and I left at the same time as everyone else) was probably no more than 20 minutes.

The ticketing system is fine, hand in the ticket, get part of it ripped off - next bit, other bit ripped off.  All done and off you go to your seat.

Policing was fine, no problems there except going back they told us to keep moving but not to surge.

PS: I don't watch the news because it's mainly full of shite and spin.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

lol are you thick?

I've been twice and it's taken 40 minutes and 55 minutes respectively to get to a station.

Have you been?

lol are you thick?

I've been twice and it's taken 40 minutes and 55 minutes respectively to get to a station.

Have you been?

are you being serious??? Wembley Park station is 5-10 mins walk away!!

It's at the end of Wembley Way ffs!

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/3962/picture2zk8.png  http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/content/images/2007/03/26/wembley_parkview2_320x240.jpg  http://www.wembleystadium.com/NR/rdonlyres/02A25FC5-455D-414A-89B0-5CEDF9C66A6C/77671/OlympicWay_big.jpg

view from Wembley Park tube station (5 mins walk away)

http://www.wembleystadium.com/NR/rdonlyres/5233180E-162E-46B7-A871-B49C46B55F1E/56270/tube.gif

http://delivery.viewimages.com/xv/73618522.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1932BBB80AB57C97602EA8F0B2613E3FB7BC55B961467DC3898