N Ireland players brawl on plane

Nobby

Northern Ireland's (former Newcastle star) Keith Gillespie and (former Sunderland player) George McCartney were involved in a fight on an aeroplane before it flew the team from Iceland to London.

The altercation came after a verbal exchange and punches were thrown before other players were forced to intervene.

Cabin crew staff reported the incident to Northern Ireland manager Nigel Worthington before the flight took off.

The Irish Football Association plans to take action following the incident that came hours after a Euro 2008 qualifier.

"An incident occurred today between team members of the senior Northern Ireland squad of which the president (Raymond Kennedy) and chief executive (Howard Wells) are aware of," said an IFA statement.

"Both the president and the chief executive will investigate the situation and take appropriate action."

Northern Ireland's hopes of making the Euro 2008 finals are fading after Gillespie's late own goal gave Iceland a 2-1 victory in Reykjavik.

The Sheffield United winger made his international debut in 1994 and scored twice in 78 appearances.

West Ham defender McCartney, who ended a 26-month exile when Worthington took over from Lawrie Sanchez, won his 25th cap in Wednesday night's Group F game.

Obviously George McCartney is not as 'hard' as Shearer. One punch after the Everton game as I recall.

I was extremely pissed off that day as we were in the players lounge and only Barnes came in and sat int the corner reading the  Times.Dalglish took them straight to the waiting bus and my boy only managed a Shearer autograph as they walked down the corridor. I cheered up when Gillespie got smacked though  :celb:

Obviously George McCartney is not as 'hard' as Shearer. One punch after the Everton game as I recall.

I was extremely pissed off that day as we were in the players lounge and only Barnes came in and sat int the corner reading the  Times.Dalglish took them straight to the waiting bus and my boy only managed a Shearer autograph as they walked down the corridor. I cheered up when Gillespie got smacked though  :celb:

he got knocked out by Shearer in Ireland

he got knocked out by Shearer in Ireland

Yep...which is why they went straight to the waiting bus  'cos they were off to Ireland. And Barnes got into the back of a Fiesta when he left the players lounge cos he didn't go on the trip....you're not doubting me are you ?  :angel:

I remember a few years ago when i worked in the Law Society Press Office, and took a call one day from a solicitor who said his client was high profile and in a great deal of bother for bottling a landlord in a pub, and was seeking advice.

Not naming names like...

I remember a few years ago when i worked in the Law Society Press Office, and took a call one day from a solicitor who said his client was high profile and in a great deal of bother for bottling a landlord in a pub, and was seeking advice.

Not naming names like...

name the name

Guest cfhpantera27

It may have started because Gillespie scored an own goal in the last minute

Or it may have started like this -

"Orange bastard"

"Fenian bastard"

Fight  :laugh:

more likely: McCartney - "bout feckin time you scored Kieth, shame it was at the wrong end"

SMACK! lol