Favourite Toon Player?

Guest K9

Guest Stephen927

I found it quite hard to pick just one, theres quite a few players that I have grown quite fond of.

David Rozehnal hasn't done anything wrong since he signed, and always looks confident and assured. It's good to be able to watch Newcastle without the usual defensive calamities and Rozehnal has been at the heart of this new look side that has proven very hard to break down.

Oba now

Past names on shirts reflecting favourites

Gillespie (94-95)

Elliott (95-96)

Pav (numerous) - probably my favourite since I started supporting the Toon, actually didn't like Given to begin with because he replaced Pav!

Maric (98-99)  :kasper: :yikes: :frantic: :-[ :cheesy: :idiot2: :blush: :laugh: mackems.gif :giggle: :coolsmiley: :celb:

Dabizas (00-01)

As you can see never really went with the obvious ones........

would have to say Robert, Ginola, Asprilla or Martins They were/are always capable of something special that ya dont often see in football, not often you see players who can get ya emotions going like these, one minute you can be "hating! them in a game, the next they produce pure magic which sends ya through the roof. Some of my favourite memories are wth these players even though they didnt all stay for a great period of time. Would have to give an honourary mention to Rob Lee as well!

Used to be Solano, Bellamy, Speed, Beresford and at one point even Stephen Glass! Have a signed "Glass 17" shirt in the house  :lol: - he used to live in the same estate as my mate.

Of the current bunch it's hard to decide but Rozehnal has really impressed me so far, so probably him. Looking forward to seeing Barton play too. Big fan of Godsmark as well in the times I've seen him play for the Reserves/Academy

Guest jimmy1982

All time favourite: Beardsley

Current: none really, thought Emre would be when we signed him but what a disappointment so far. Can see Barton becoming most people's favourite because of his attitude and style of play.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see the word " WOULD " anywhere in your post. Try reading your own post and see if it makes sense.

Guest shire100

Beardsley was No 1 for me, never saw Tony Green play but he was a bit special apparently.

Now i think (hope) Barton will come good, but at the mo its Nzogbia

Little Mickey has a great chance to win us over now also

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see the word " WOULD " anywhere in your post. Try reading your own post and see if it makes sense.

ok apologies if you didn't quite get it, maybe i should have built an image of Cacapa becoming a legend with lego bricks