Benny Benitez: Parky 6 Benny 2 (Benitez watch.). Inter sack the waiter.

Parky

Guest Mcdonald36

What makes me laugh is the pool fans are making him out to be some sort of martyr in all this when he was the instigator of it all. He's used to these kind of political boardroom struggles in Spain, and once he knew the board wanted him out he's played the fans like a book, who are now on his side, despite the fact that he's taking them nowhere and got them playing some truly awful, robotic football.

He'd be perfect for the Italian league, but here? Nah. Not brave enough.

Jose would win the league with that squad, no bother.

What makes me laugh is the pool fans are making him out to be some sort of martyr in all this when he was the instigator of it all. He's used to these kind of political boardroom struggles in Spain, and once he knew the board wanted him out he's played the fans like a book, who are now on his side, despite the fact that he's taking them nowhere and got them playing some truly awful, robotic football.

He'd be perfect for the Italian league, but here? Nah. Not brave enough.

Jose would win the league with that squad, no bother.

My sentiments exactly dear chap.

Guest Mcdonald36

It's 3 or 4 more top class players than than those other teams have, which is the main difference, and a motivator like Jose would get the best out of them, especially Gerrard, who's the type that needs an arm round the shoulder and made to feel loved.

They look like a decent side when they attack teams, but Benitez always retreats to the safety of his arse.

It's 3 or 4 more top class players than than those other teams have, which is the main difference, and a motivator like Jose would get the best out of them, especially Gerrard, who's the type that needs an arm round the shoulder and made to feel loved.

They look like a decent side when they attack teams, but Benitez always retreats to the safety of his arse.

It's 6 or 7 players less than either Chelsea or Man United have though. I suppose if you mean "Jose would win the league with that squad, as long as Chelsea or Man United aren't in it, no bother." then it's close to making sense.

Still forgetting Arsenal though, who have a much better team, if not a better squad. Shit, that means Jose would have to turn 4 class players into a team which could beat 3 teams of 11 class players. Fuck, he must be good.

Guest Mcdonald36

Be quiet, you silly, sarcastic child.

All the other top 4 clubs' players are not top class either.

It's my opinion, don't, like it, blow me.

I agree with the poster who said Mourinho would win the title with Liverpool's squad.

I'm absolutely amazed, I really am. I love Mourinho, think he's a top manager, and a character to boot. However, Man United, Arsenal and Chelsea are light years above Liverpool in terms of squad player.

Name me more than 3 players from Liverpool who would get in their sides, and I'll name you 9 from theirs who Liverpool would love.

Ironic that you call me a child, yet still feel the need to say "blow me".

My opinion is that you're wrong, and clearly know nothing about football ;)

I agree with the poster who said Mourinho would win the title with Liverpool's squad.

He couldn't manage to beat the current Man Utd team (minus Tevez, Anderson & Hargreaves) with his own Chelsea squad. Liverpool are still a couple of truly world class forwards short of winning the title under any manager.

Guest Mcdonald36

Yes, clearly, while you're the internet's answer to Marcello Lippi, we get it.

Championship manager has a lot to answer for.

Yes, clearly, while you're the internet's answer to Marcello Lippi, we get it.

Championship manager has a lot to answer for.

Could stick to the point at hand; just a thought though?

I'm too old for games by the way ;)

Chelsea's problems last season were due to the Roman and Mourinho thing. He showed in the two seasons before that how good a motivator he is.

Liverpool do have class players. Their midfield is stacked with quality players. Mascherano, Gerrard and probably Alonso would get into Chelsea's team now. Torres is also a quality striker, and Mourinho won the title with Drogba as his only quality striker.

It's a silly discussion really because it's all hypothetical but Mourinho > Rafa.

Guest Mcdonald36

Maybe you should act your age then, eh?

Actually, just reading back, you're absolutely clueless. My little knows nephew more about the game.

Wining the league is more than just about squad depth, it's about building a side, work ethic and motivation, and there's not many better than Jose. His Chelsea side wasn't packed full of top class individuals, they had 2 or 3 who made the difference in a soid, well organised, functioning team

Maybe you should act your age then, eh?

Actually, just reading back, you're absolutely clueless. My little knows nephew more about the game.

Wining the league is more than just about squad depth, it's about building a side, work ethic and motivation, and there's not many better than Jose. His Chelsea side, apart from 2 or 3, didn't have amazing individuals, but they made difference in a solid, well organised, functioning team

Struggling on that sentence eh? ;)

Sorry mate, but if you think Liverpool are of a standard good enough to beat Man United and Chelsea to the title, without improving their squad, you're just making yourself look stupid.

I fail to see how I'm not acting my age by the way. "Be quiet, you silly, sarcastic child" is purely a personal attack. All I've done is spoken about my footballing views. You need to chill out a bit :D

Anyway, I'm not gonna have an argument with you on here, you're not exactly relevant to me, and not really worth wasting my time on. Goodbye :)

Guest Mcdonald36

Post all the smileys you want, you're still  a cock

Stick to your simplistic player for player comparisons and watching the last word.

Guest Mcdonald36

It's hard to say if Mourinho would win the league but I think he would have done better.

Rafa's big problem has been his rotation policy this season and I can't see Mourinho doing the same thing.

Fair point. Maybe I should have really said 'challenge for the title', which is the minimum pool fans should be expecting.

Liverpool are simply not good enough. Kuyt and Voronin wouldn't make the bench at the other 3 clubs and players like Benayoun and Babel who are both very good players shouldn't be in the first XI.

Them not really having the quality to win the league is largely down to Rafa. They do have some of the best central midfielders though. Alonso, Gerrard & Mascherano is probably better than any combo of 3 central midfielders in the Premiership.