Benny Benitez: Parky 6 Benny 2 (Benitez watch.). Inter sack the waiter.

Parky

whats your honest opinion of Big Sam?

do you think he'll have a job after the next 2 games?

Percentage football. Big job. Sections of the support without patience. Not enough money on the table from the board. Given time will build a difficult side to beat, occassional big scalp top 6 stuff. Over analytical missing factor 'x'...Understands the game but lacks vision. Modus operandi is to fix the club top to bottom will need two years. Should be given the 2 years and money. Then bring in the next level of manager who can challenge for top 4 consistently. I wouldn't sack him unless we were in relegation battle which we won't be. Review in summer at the very least.

Yes he will be in a job unless we've lined up a top tier manager (not Benny).

if he understands the game, why did he take 3 left footed players off on saturday and replace them with 3 right footed players, so that Rafathrew on babel who had a field day.

why was he trying to consolidate a 3-0 defeat at home by going all defensive. even under Souness and Roeder, you would always give us game. you lot were pitiful on saturday. we never realy got out of first gear, and only Torres had an off day, we could have scored 6 or 7, and thats being kind. the most worrying thing for you lot, is the team had no fight. i watched it on telly after i got back home from the match, and your players came out from the half time break looking defeated.

You make good points and tell you the truth I have no idea.

IMO some of the players are against him......The little comfort zone they see as Newcastle has been rocked by SA. They also suspect he doesn't have the full support of the board which is Mort and MA fault, they need to back Sam or get rid...They seem imo to be sitting on the fence waiting for events to shape their thinking.

Guest Man in Black

Percentage football. Big job. Sections of the support without patience. Not enough money on the table from the board. Given time will build a difficult side to beat, occassional big scalp top 6 stuff. Over analytical missing factor 'x'...Understands the game but lacks vision. Modus operandi is to fix the club top to bottom will need two years. Should be given the 2 years and money. Then bring in the next level of manager who can challenge for top 4 consistently. I wouldn't sack him unless we were in relegation battle which we won't be. Review in summer at the very least.

if he understands the game, why did he take 3 left footed players off on saturday and replace them with 3 right footed players, so that Rafathrew on babel who had a field day.

why was he trying to consolidate a 3-0 defeat at home by going all defensive. even under Souness and Roeder, you would always give us game. you lot were pitiful on saturday. we never realy got out of first gear, and only Torres had an off day, we could have scored 6 or 7, and thats being kind. the most worrying thing for you lot, is the team had no fight. i watched it on telly after i got back home from the match, and your players came out from the half time break looking defeated.

IMO some of the players are against him......The little comfort zone they see as Newcastle has been rocked by SA. They also suspect he doesn't have the full support of the board which is Mort and MA fault, they need to back Sam or get rid...They seem imo to be sitting on the fence waiting for events to shape their thinking.

i've never rated Sam as a manager. his Bolton teams played the worst brand of football, even the Bolton people wouldnt go and watch it. Newcastle have always prided themselves in playing good football, and he wont do that for you. Sam made a name for himself picking up cheap flops from big clubs with a point to prove. that wont work at a club of Newcastles size, your fans arent stupid, and they'll expect better. FWIW, i think youu'd be better with someone like Jol, who could do a good job for you, IF, he is given the control to buy players, and not have a DOF like atSpurs, oreven get Houllier, who would be good for you, and he'd put trophies in the cabinet. England are sniffing round him though, so you might need to act quick to get him

i've never rated Sam as a manager. his Bolton teams played the worst brand of football, even the Bolton people wouldnt go and watch it. Newcastle have always prided themselves in playing good football, and he wont do that for you. Sam made a name for himself picking up cheap flops from big clubs with a point to prove. that wont work at a club of Newcastles size, your fans arent stupid, and they'll expect better. FWIW, i think youu'd be better with someone like Jol, who could do a good job for you, IF, he is given the control to buy players, and not have a DOF like atSpurs, oreven get Houllier, who would be good for you, and he'd put trophies in the cabinet. England are sniffing round him though, so you might need to act quick to get him

It may well be that SA fails here. But it should be the case that he was given a chance imo.

It may well be that SA fails here. But it should be the case that he was given a chance imo.

Agree with that. His Bolton side was exactly as Man in Black describes, but he needs to be given the chance to show he can step up his game.

Guest optimistic nit

you don't half talk some bollux. as far as i can tell all the above is rehashing tabloid rumour stories that they write to try and unsettle sam and sell papers, without a shred of evidence to back up your claims.

I think shay and allardyce may have clashed, but he has the dressing room as a whole in my opinion.

Guest optimistic nit

how else exactly do you get bolton to 5th in the league? he took over at bolton, and made them a very good club. they were never ever considered a big club, but they were always hard to beat, and crucially managed to pick up points against the big teams. i don't know if sam will get it right here, he's made a bad start, but you can excuse him for a lot of that (the only thing that really annoys me is his attitude to away games and the big 4). whether he will make it work here, i don't know, but its unfair to write him off as a 1 trick poney just because he played the long ball stuff at bolton. bolton tried to change their style, and it got them into the relegation zone. megson reverts to allardyce style and they win 1-0 against manchester united. to change allardyce's brand of football at bolton you would need a complete overhaul of the playing staff at the club. i think sam knew this, and he also knew he couldn't get any further with bolton's style of football, so he left.

how else exactly do you get bolton to 5th in the league? he took over at bolton, and made them a very good club. they were never ever considered a big club, but they were always hard to beat, and crucially managed to pick up points against the big teams. i don't know if sam will get it right here, he's made a bad start, but you can excuse him for a lot of that (the only thing that really annoys me is his attitude to away games and the big 4). whether he will make it work here, i don't know, but its unfair to write him off as a 1 trick poney just because he played the long ball stuff at bolton. bolton tried to change their style, and it got them into the relegation zone. megson reverts to allardyce style and they win 1-0 against manchester united. to change allardyce's brand of football at bolton you would need a complete overhaul of the playing staff at the club. i think sam knew this, and he also knew he couldn't get any further with bolton's style of football, so he left.

Is it really unfair to suggest he might be a one trick pony when he has come to Newcastle and played a percentage game even when Martins and Owen are up front? Premature perhaps, but not unfair on the evidence so far, because there are no excuses for the tactics and teams he has chosen, decisions which have not been forced upon him. His long term future here depends on whether he can buy himself the time to overhaul the squad and the only way he'll do that is by getting the best out of the current players. The board won't throw money at a man who can't work with what he's got. He faces a totally new challenge here and needs to adopt a different strategy, we're all waiting to see if he can (or wants to) change his ways but so far there is reason to doubt that.

Depending on your definition of big teams, it's the week-in-week-out consistency that gets you points, not winning the big games.

:lol::lol::lol:

It was brilliant when he took Gerrard off instead of Hobbs.

I havent seen the game... .what was the score when he took him off ?

losing 3 one with 20mins left

:kasper:

Whaaaaaaaat ? Love to hear the pool fans' opinion of that one

Benny: "You have to save your big players".

:lol:

I'm beginning to feel a bit sorry for him it's getting like he's following my script. :cheesy:

Guest Man in Black

my opinion is that the game was gone. every now and again you get a match when absolutely nothing goes right for you. i remember Fulham beating you lot at St James a few years ago 4-1, and nothing went right for Newcastle that day. well, we had a similar time at Reading on Saturday. maybe it was strange taking Torres and Gerrard off, but, i can see why he did it.

i do find it hilarious though that some of you seem obsessed with taking the piss out Benitez, when your manager is a fat useless moron who has won the sum total of fuck all, plays a cross between football and rugby league, while Rafa has won a European Cup, been to another European Cup final, won an FA cup and we have lost once in the league in 8 months.

Makes me laugh how the fans think they know better, Benitez has his own ideas of how to get the best out of his players during the course of the season, he did the exact same thing when he won the league with Valencia, he won't change. I believe this is Liverpool's first defeat of the season? Must be doing terrible then.

your manager is a fat useless moron who has won the sum total of fuck all, plays a cross between football and rugby league, while Rafa has won a European Cup, been to another European Cup final, won an FA cup and we have lost once in the league in 8 months.

Benitez isnt exactly slimmer of the year!  And i totaly agree, how useless is Big sam for not winning Bolton any  European cups etc with the squad and huge amounts he had to spent at bolton its awful that he didnt.

Guest Man in Black

your manager is a fat useless moron who has won the sum total of f*** all, plays a cross between football and rugby league, while Rafa has won a European Cup, been to another European Cup final, won an FA cup and we have lost once in the league in 8 months.

Benitez isnt exactly slimmer of the year!  And i totaly agree, how useless is Big sam for not winning Bolton any  European cups etc with the squad and huge amounts he had to spent at bolton its awful that he didnt.

well, if you see a former Bolton manager who has won the sum total as fuck all as a step forward and a good appointment, then maybe we have different expectation for our club. i would have been horrified if that blert was appointed as our manager, but like i said, different horses for different courses.

I'm beginning to feel a bit sorry for him it's getting like he's following my script. :cheesy:

Have to say, I think he made the right decision. Minimise risk of injury, etc.

The proof will be in the pudding by about 9.30pm tonight.

I'm trying to work out if a draw is enough for them.

I'm trying to work out if a draw is enough for them.

Depends on the other result but a draw could be enough. The top team has to lose, then they go through in second on goals with a draw.

Swiftly followed by Man Utd at the weekend... :hmm:

A big few days for Rafa.  blueyes.gif