Preferred strikeforce?

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

really hope its martins and owen. i can never understand why people say they are very similar. maybes in height and bursts of speed but for me thats about it.

When did SA brand Martins a squad player? I must of missed that, any link to quotes?

Anyway, to answer the question.. I'd like to see Smith and Owen a few times together.. but Howaythelads pretty much answered the question with his assessment of 'One of Owens/Martins with one of Smith/Viduka'.

I believe Martins and Owen could be coached into a good partnership, and they'd also gel better by playing together, but as it is Martins is too immobile*. He needs to learn to be looking for space all the time, the more he moves the more he'll pull defenders with him but now and again he'll get clear.

And the times he pulls a defender with him all the more space for Owen, and vice versa. With the right midfield, playing football and not skyball, they could be very decent.

Injuries may one day force Allardyces hand, otherwise we're unlikely to see it much.

*I'm basing this assessment mostly on last season as I haven't really seen him play this one.

what's this??? no ameobi mentioned. i really think he deserves a start to show what he can do because viduka has been crap. derby tonight wouldn't be a bad place to throw him into the mix

Owen and Martins.

Owen is so far beyond the others it's not even funny. And although Lil' Mikey and Obafemi Mitty might not be ideal, its still better than any of the other combinations based on the fact that neother Smith or Viduka are any more than "meh". But as neither of them are Ameobi, they immediately get SOME respect, over THAT pile of steaming donkey shite.

And the person who put "Viduka and Smith" - idiot

what's this??? no ameobi mentioned. i really think he deserves a start to show what he can do because viduka has been crap. derby tonight wouldn't be a bad place to throw him into the mix

Ameobi isn't good enough. Simple as that. He's worse than Viduka, who is also not particularly good, but Shola himself is nowhere near good enough for a top 6 premiership side, which HAS to be our goal.

Guest Stephen927

Martins and Owen are our two best strikers, but the thought of them playing together doesn't fill me with confidence. With a better midfield behind them it could work, but at the moment it has to be one of them paired with either Smith/Viduka/Ameobi, in that order.

Ameobi isn't good enough. Simple as that. He's worse than Viduka, who is also not particularly good, but Shola himself is nowhere near good enough for a top 6 premiership side, which HAS to be our goal.

just a little reminder for you we're not a top 6 club YET, and as far as i can tell ameobi is still part of our squad. so while viduka is playing like a no talent ass clown give our man with a new hip a shot. he looked much better than viduka in the wigan game

just a little reminder for you we're not a top 6 club YET, and as far as i can tell ameobi is still part of our squad. so while viduka is playing like a no talent ass clown give our man with a new hip a shot. he looked much better than viduka in the wigan game

to get to BE a top 6 team, you have to have players on the filed who are good enough to get you there. Ameobi is not. Neither is Viduka, but the fat lazy aussie being not good ebough doesn't suddenly make Shola good enough.