Our problem is the midfield (not exactly breaking news but still)

Decky

Geremi Smith Butt Milner

That is diabolical, Geremi im sure was not bought to play in our midfield for a start, Smith, why exactly was he bought? what is his position? £6million? Manure seen us coming tbh. Butt and Milner fair enough, but that midfield is never going to create much so why does Sam play it? Surely with our defenders on the bench someone could have covered LB and we could of had:

Milner Geremi Butt N'Zogbia

??????

When we get our players fit again this has to be something along the lines of our midfield:

Milner Barton Emre N'Zogbia

All out attack, with attackers like Martins, Owen and Viduka we should have a midfield full of creative players, my only concern is weither or not Sam will actually drop the likes of Geremi and Smith :( its quite worrying looking at the midfield performance from tonight.

Also WHERE THE FUCK IS EMRE?!?!?!?!? Didnt he play for Turkey recently?

This thing is I just get the impression he is one of those people who are undropable, if he doesnt make the starting 11 he will have to make the bench solely for his moral, i mean would Sam have ever had the balls to drop Anelka from the 16 man squad if he wasnt performing?

Put Smith up front or not at all. Everyone knows he's not great, more people know he's not as good in midfield. On the right? Oh dear.

Playing Smith right mf is a silly postion and god knows who dreamt that up. If it was originally to interchange with the striker, well they aren't doing that. I'd have rather him upfront with Owen tonight as they showed some nice interchanges for England for 20min or so a few weeks ago.

Smith has to play as a forward or breaking from CM with late runs. The wide right thing isn't working.

Put Smith up front or not at all. Everyone knows he's not great, more people know he's not as good in midfield. On the right? Oh dear.

Playing Smith right mf is a silly postion and god knows who dreamt that up. If it was originally to interchange with the striker, well they aren't doing that. I'd have rather him upfront with Owen tonight as they showed some nice interchanges for England for 20min or so a few weeks ago.

Smith has to play as a forward or breaking from CM with late runs. The wide right thing isn't working.

So why's Big Sam persisting with it? It's a bit like Souness playing Bellamy on the right when it was a total waste of time for everyone involved. And Bellamy did the job a hell of a lot better than Smith, tbh.

So why's Big Sam persisting with it? It's a bit like Souness playing Bellamy on the right when it was a total waste of time for everyone involved. And Bellamy did the job a hell of a lot better than Smith, tbh.

I have no idea why he is persisting with it as I have no idea why we didn't buy at least one creative player this summer.

I have no idea why he is persisting with it as I have no idea why we didn't buy at least one creative player this summer.

We fucking get it.

:lol:

We fucking get it.

:lol:

No you don't most on here said they were happy with the transfer window and it would take 18 years before we could compete for top 10 and shit like that.. bluerazz.gif

Smith should never have been signed.

Why play him up front when hes too slow, static, and weak to do anything? Years of poor Premiership performances, being dominated week in week out by bigger, stronger, faster centrebacks, seem to have gone unnoticed - but what does it matter? He works hard and barks alot, and hes moderately competent once on the ball like the majority of Premiership players are, therefore hes great!!

Yet another player living off a grossly unjustified reputation.

I don't know why we didn't buy a creative midfielder. Someone like Ronalindoaldostutaco.

But Dave you've got exactly what you always ask for a slow steady build up of a squad...fresh grass at the new training camp, a new trowel for daisy etc... bluerazz.gif

I don't know why we didn't buy a creative midfielder. Someone like Ronalindoaldostutaco.

But Dave you've got exactly what you always ask for a slow steady build up of a squad...fresh grass at the new training camp, a new trowel for daisy etc... bluerazz.gif

You seem to be confusing me with the ones that think the season is over, and are off down to Northern Rock tomorrow.

No pace or creativity in midfield.

A central midfield pairing of Geremi and Butt will only work if one attacker links up play and the wingers are creative, Mears had Milner in his pocket all night and Smith is useless so we created fuck all.

We need to replace Dyer and Solano properly and we've got to get N'Zogbia further up the pitch.

I'd put Rozenhal in the midfield anchor role instead of Butt. I know he's played there before. He's got more pace and he's more comfortable on the ball. What's more he's pretty hopeless at heading the ball under challenge, despite his other abilities as a Centre Back, and I'd rather see Taylor brought back in the centre.

A central midfield pairing of Geremi and Butt will only work if one attacker links up play and the wingers are creative, Mears had Milner in his pocket all night and Smith is useless so we created fuck all.

We need to replace Dyer and Solano properly and we've got to get N'Zogbia further up the pitch.

Could playing N'Zogbia centrally work?

You seem to be confusing me with the ones that think the season is over, and are off down to Northern Rock tomorrow.

...they're giving away secretaries or summat... :razz:

Tbh I was quietly worried about tonight and aye there is a long way to go.

Totally agree with that analysis.

Could playing N'Zogbia centrally work?

He's too lightweight to play there IMO and unless he's playing as the attacking midfielder in a 4-3-3 he'll leave his partner exposed too much.

Guest Steven_MB

just curious, but what is happening with Enrique, I'm thinking that as we have 3 "real" wingers, and duff is injured then surely N'zogbia and Milner should play. Roz could play left back (if enrique is injured) , won't be electric, but is comfortable on ball and has good positional sense.

Guest microbar

The trouble with the present team is obvious,

We got rid of ordinery players and replaced these with average players,

Ie crap in crap out, God help us when we play the likes of arsenal,

Same old same old. end of rant.  :rant:

Like I said my thread about "NUFC missing Right Winger"...We need to replace Solano and start threatening teams on the flanks like we used to do under SBR when Robert and Solano kept bombarding the teams with inch perfect crosses and chipping in with their own share of goals...The problem is that we have been lacking genuine scoring midfielders since Robert left and moved to RB...Milner does NOT score and as many here hated Dyer, he was still more a threat and can get more goals for us than any of our midfielders...

I think against Derby we should have tried 3-5-2 with a team like:

Harper

Taylor                  Cacapa                N'Zogbia

Rozi

Geremi          Smith              Butt        Milner

Owen          Martins