Shola Ameobi (let it all out lads)

Decky

Guest bluegeordie
The thing is, if he wasn't a Newcastle player, I'd love Ameobi. He's like a comedy character, trying to get the ball and inevitably falling over something. Classic :lol:

Agreed. In fact, if we're going to persist with Ameobi, then we might as well forget about signing a creative midfielder in January, and instead focus all of our attention on securing Cosmo Kramer to partner him upfront (can't think that Michael Richards' market value is that high these days ... although, come to think of it, I'm not sure how well he'd fit in with our multicultural dressing room). We could then invest any leftover funds in securing the rights for the Benny Hill theme music, which we could play throughout our matches, so as to generate an appropriate atmosphere for the fans. Giddy up!!!   

Why is it ameobi has to show how fucking shit he is over and over again....then in a fortnight or so there will still be tits on here who'll either suggest he plays or at least have him on the bench. These people have the retention span of a fucking gnat.

Does fat sam actually watch the same game as the rest of us?

why did shola get started ahead of oba?totally baffles me :crazy2:. lets face it the man can't play to the standard expected in the premiership anyone who thinks he can are kidding themselves. granted on the rare occasion he does have a couple of flashes of skill  but come on its not as if he is still playing for england under 21's. he should be nigh on the finished article and that is the problem his finishing, he couldn't finish a letter if he only had to sign his name. last night was abysmal nobody even disputes it  lets hope BSA took it all on board and makes changes accordingly.

Why is it ameobi has to show how fucking shit he is over and over again....then in a fortnight or so there will still be tits on here who'll either suggest he plays or at least have him on the bench. These people have the retention span of a fucking gnat.

Does fat sam actually watch the same game as the rest of us?

Such as?

^ claims that he is a "good squad player", that we should keep him "just in case", or should play "only in an emergency" annoy me greatly too.

The comparison with Bramble is clear... at the end of the day, he's shit. He's had about 6 years at the club as first team squad man, is now in his mid-20s... he might come along with the odd goal, but the risk-reward equation is far too askew. He simply should not be playing and we should get shot of him.

Had he not been out on loan, I would have prefered Carroll to start if Sam wants a big man up front.

Whys nobody point out that n'zogbia is absolutly shit, i wouldnt play him again rather have shola at left back, i didnt count one  cross/corner/free kick  that actually made it past the first defender, how hard can it be???

Whys nobody point out that n'zogbia is absolutly shit, i wouldnt play him again rather have shola at left back, i didnt count one  cross/corner/free kick  that actually made it past the first defender, how hard can it be???

:lol: What? He had a poor game yesterday, with his delivery especially, but he's been our best player this season so far. Moron.

no way our best player this season, done fuck all, scored a good individual goal thats it.  cant cross doesnt take people on! thought that was supposed to be his speciality? get rid

no way our best player this season, done fuck all, scored a good individual goal thats it.  cant cross doesnt take people on! thought that was supposed to be his speciality? get rid

Ok... clearly just a wum now, you went too far :lol:

Shola Amadonkey was fucking wank man.

Owen done fuck all because he only had 14 touches of the ball!!!

There's no creativity in midfield and the problem I see with newcastle is that we constantly play players out of position to keep people happy.

Geremi = RB not a CM

Taylor = CB not a RB or LB

Smith = CM/CF not a RM

Milner = RM not a LM

Nzogbia = LM not a LB

Obafemi = CF not a LM or RM

If playing people in their right positions means people have to fight for their place then so fucking be it.

Given = GK

Beye = RB

Rozanhal = CB

Cacapa = CB

Enrique = LB

RM = Milner

CM = Barton

CM = Butt

LM = Nzogbia

CF = Martins

CF = Owen

Thats just an 11 players from the top of my head who are playing in their correct positions and look at the players we have left out.

Smith

Viduka

Taylor

Faye 

Shola 

Duff

Emre

Geremi

Carroll ( Loan )

I am sure there is more I missed aswell , but jesus look at the competition for places we should have.

How about Bob Yule, one of your own crew for starters. He thinks ameobi is a good player and you still let him write articles when he really should be institutionalised.....

Guest Knightrider

You could have put the words "Michael Owen" or any of the players who underperformed last night in the thread title. Singling out Ameobi who played no worse or no better than anyone is fucking pathetic.

Btw I imagine most strikers would have struggled last night given the shocking level of service. I mean the £16m 40 goal international striker and former European player of the year struggled. What chance a donkey like Ameobi...

Don't let that get in the way of a good old rant though.

Guest Knightrider

OK..secondly I give you HTT now attempting to defend ameobi.

Come on.....why don't the rest of you who've defended ameobi step up?

I'm not defending him you numpty, I'm rightly pointing out that why single out him in particular when he was no better or no worse than any of them. Although we all know the answer to that anyway.

Err.....because he was worse than the rest?

Admittedly the worst of a bad bunch but he's been like that for most of the past six years, you numpty.

Guest Knightrider

Admittedly the worst of a bad bunch but he's been like that for most of the past six years, you numpty.

No he wasn't, you're just letting your bias cloud your judgment. He was no better or no worse than any of the so-called attacking/forward players on display whose job it was to create and score. I won't be too harsh on the forwards though because the service was none existent. His prior performances have no bearing on this one btw.

Over the last few years I have been constantly pissed off with Shola, the guy blames his hips for everything and when he comes back he says... 'i'm back now, fully fit and there is nothing stopping me from scoring goals and getting a regular place in the team' - Well Shola, i'd probably say the only thing stopping you is your ability to play football. Other than that mate, it's all yours!

Just regarding the Derby game, the guy missed every header that came towards him, he was out jumped all the time and he was probably the tallest guy on the field, including the keepers!! His control was sh*te and he had no awareness of surrounding players. I hear Accrington Stanley are looking for a bench warmer... maybe Shola can offer his services!

Did you actually watch the game HTT? I have to think you didn't if you can in any way defend ameobi's performance. Or lack of it.

The others were poor, but at least Owen created a chance that Roz should have scored from. Ameobi did nothing except scuff a shot that he couldn't even get on target from a good position.

No he wasn't, you're just letting your bias cloud your judgment. He was no better or no worse than any of the so-called attacking/forward players on display whose job it was to create and score. I won't be too harsh on the forwards though because the service was none existent. His prior performances have no bearing on this one btw.

You're not winning this argument even with that reservation in place, but as it is such a strange and unjustified one to insist on I do have to ask you: despite the sometimes shocking and sometimes praiseworthy individual performances of Shola Ameobi, do you feel over the long run of his career with NUFC he has justified getting a starting place last night in front of such strikers as Oba or Smith? Alternatively, do you not feel that maybe Martins had deserved a starting spot yesterday because of his recent contributions (assists and goals) and positive comments about his future at this club (now potentially jeopardised)..? Ameobi was the worst of our bunch yesterday because he mostly failed to play the role that was required of him, namely to win headers and hold the ball up and launch Owen and our midfielders. Owen created as little as Ameobi did admittedly, but with all your proclaimed tactical nouse you will be able to understand that Owen's role was a different one, namely to get on the end of lay-offs created (or rather NOT created) for him.. As much as you hate to admit it, Allardyce fucked up his team selection and it cost us dearly..