Damage Derby mess has done ?

Guest Phil K

So one game completely changed your feelings, I think thats what is commonly known in "the business" as a kneejerk reaction.

:razz:

Yeah, and Derby are continuing their "improvement" today, aren't they ?  :rolleyes:

I mean just because we beat Bolton away, arguably better than Derby, doesnt automatically mean we will beat Derby away. If we beat West Ham tomorrow will your confidence return?

The manner will be ALL.

Remember, a home game against a decent side is hardly the same as an away game against a team being stuffed by all and sundry (except us) but yes, a good victory achieved with a decent performance may go a little way to making amends.

But it hardly excuses the Derby debacle or the wishy washy comments after.

You really need to get over it!

When it happens every year every season without fail and REPEADEDLY happens every season, don't you think theres a teeny weensy chance that there may be something to complain about ?

That assumes that performance is a constant, for both sides. Whereas in fact the magic trick a brilliant manager makes is to get close to constant performances. As BooBoo says, along the way we'll have some s*** performances and some good ones.  

Assessment comes from looking at the trend over months. You therefore cant make your mind up after 5 prem games.

I always think before we play the bottom club we should beat them & a 1-0 win would of done for me.

As for BooBoo he seems to think that people that thought we should win at Derby equals gatecrashing the top 4 bluelaugh.gif.  I looked at the match as Newcastle United V  Derby County & thought we can win this, I didnt consider the 2 season plan.

That assumes that performance is a constant, for both sides. Whereas in fact the magic trick a brilliant manager makes is to get close to constant performances. As BooBoo says, along the way we'll have some s*** performances and some good ones.  

Assessment comes from looking at the trend over months. You therefore cant make your mind up after 5 prem games.

I always think before we play the bottom club we should beat them & a 1-0 win would of done for me.

As for BooBoo he seems to think that people that thought we should win at Derby equals gatecrashing the top 4 bluelaugh.gif.  I looked at the match as Newcastle United V  Derby County & thought we can win this, I didnt consider the 2 season plan.

It was more of a general point i was making, rather than commenting solely on Mondays game, which i fully agree was very poor. My point was that the supporters have to accept that not everything will change with a click of the fingers. Its a work in progress and we have to accept that there'll be some crap along the way. Rome wasnt built in a day and all that...

Rome wasnt built in a day and all that...

Rome was built, furnished, and an empire won in the time we've taken between donestic trophies.

I think we've got every right to be a bit p*ssed off at the wait, and performances like the Derby sh*te along the way.

How frigging long do we have to be bloody "patient" ?

If you really expect Allardyce to turn a mid table load of tosh into trophy winners in less than a year then you're setting yourself up for a big fall i'm afraid.

It was more of a general point i was making, rather than commenting solely on Mondays game, which i fully agree was very poor. My point was that the supporters have to accept that not everything will change with a click of the fingers. Its a work in progress and we have to accept that there'll be some crap along the way. Rome wasnt built in a day and all that...

Exactly. We expect too much and this is the problem.

Ok its fair enough to expect more than the shite that was served up on Monday but the overreaction in general is just crazy. We are still 4 points ahead of Spurs (a rival for a European spot) with a game in hand and people are talking like its the end of the world, some even moaning about Allardyce and even talking replacements.

These things happen, yes we were poor although I though Derby were quite good. Seen worse teams in the league than the way they played in that game (Charlton home and away last season is one example).

Its happened now, we have all had our moans maybe its time to get over it and look forward to the West Ham game?

Rome wasnt built in a day and all that...

Rome was built, furnished, and an empire won in the time we've taken between donestic trophies.

I think we've got every right to be a bit p*ssed off at the wait, and performances like the Derby sh*te along the way.

How frigging long do we have to be bloody "patient" ?

I take it you missed the complete change practically thoughout the entire club this summer, long holiday was it!?

That or you expect Allardyce and Ashley to instantly change our fortunes as soon as they step through the door which in all honesty is a little bit silly...

If you really expect Allardyce to turn a mid table load of tosh into trophy winners in less than a year then you're setting yourself up for a big fall i'm afraid.

Half of last season's squad has gone, and he's brought in God knows how many new players. If Monday night had been down to players getting used to each other, etc. it would have been fair enough, but Monday was down to bad tactics, bad team selection, and poor performances.

Exactly. We expect too much and this is the problem.

Ok its fair enough to expect more than the shite that was served up on Monday but the overreaction in general is just crazy. We are still 4 points ahead of Spurs (a rival for a European spot) with a game in hand and people are talking like its the end of the world, some even moaning about Allardyce and even talking replacements.

These things happen, yes we were poor although I though Derby were quite good. Seen worse teams in the league than the way they played in that game (Charlton home and away last season is one example).

Its happened now, we have all had our moans maybe its time to get over it and look forward to the West Ham game?

It's not crazy at all, as a team we've been pretty average so far this season and have no cutting edge in the team whatsoever, everyone is putting it down to Barton being out of the team but we can't rest our whole season on the shoulders of one man, we've got no pace and no penetration at all from anyone in midfield, we look like your typical midtable team of grafters who play long ball football and only have one pace which is walking.

The fact that we've picked up 8 points is down to the standard of teams we've played against rather than us being any good, if you swap Derby for Watford then we've only picked up one point more than what we did against the same teams last year and that was the worst season points wise since we've been back in the Premiership, I dread to think what we're going to be like up against the better teams in the league, no doubt we'll have to "kick the shit out of them" which Allardyce said was his preferred tactics against the likes of Arsenal. Sounds great.

Lots of players suffer when their best/better players are out. Chelsea look a lot worse when Drogba is missing.

We are missing our only two real creative centre mids, is it any surprise that we have at times struggled to create?

League wise it is all about where we are after 38 games that counts.  But unfortunately we have to play  38 games to get to that point & no doubt there will be predictable & unpredictable results (good & bad) along the way, which in turns brings the emotion. I will reflect on the season at the end of the season, I will deal with results on game by game basis. :thup:

Phil K and baggio have every right to be frustrated, we've had an easy run of games and failed miserably to gain the amount of points we should have.

people saying we're a middle table outfit and it'll take time yadayada.. bollocks look at man city... "lets not get our hopes up too high for fear of being let down boohoo"- whats happening to newcastle fans. wheres the ambition, the delusions of grandeur ffs how about a  "we're gannin win the league like!"

Lots of players suffer when their best/better players are out. Chelsea look a lot worse when Drogba is missing.

We are missing our only two real creative centre mids, is it any surprise that we have at times struggled to create?

:lol:

Who are these two REAL creative midfielders?

Man City are 3 points ahead of us and we have a game in hand. Yes look at them fly!

What Baggio and others are saying is that teams like ManCity for example have been playing good football. Check with Doc Spectrum if you like he is delighted.

:lol:

We created 20 shots with 10 on target vs Wigan. Should we be creating more?

We have scored 6 goals in 5 games, yes not the greatest haul but not the worst either.

Barton and Emre are the 2 "creative" players in our team, not quite Gerrard and Alonso but they will do more work in the final 3rd than Butt or Geremi would. Thought that was pretty obvious.

Man City are 3 points ahead of us and we have a game in hand. Yes look at them fly!

What Baggio and others are saying is that teams like ManCity for example have been playing good football. Check with Doc Spectrum if you like he is delighted.

Have Man City been missing their 2 central midfielders who could be classed as creative or attacking?