Stadium Expansion

Decky

We would easily get 60,000 if the new seats were priced at say £20.

What would be the point of building it if it isn't going to make any money?

another 8-10,000 seats even if priced cheaply, would still make money, especially if the expansion was built on the back of hotel, apartment and conference developments around SJP.

anyway i've heard that the scheme is on the backburner for the forseeable future.

another 8-10,000 seats even if priced cheaply, would still make money, especially if the expansion was built on the back of hotel, apartment and conference developments around SJP.

anyway i've heard that the scheme is on the backburner for the forseeable future.

The problem with that Johnny is that the same people who sit up in level 7 at the moment will want their tickets reduced to match the same price as the £20 Gallowgate level 7 tickets, you also have to take into consideration the cost of the expansion, unless it's being extended for free by the people building the hotels which would be them holding up the deal, not the club.

If the stadium is expanded to say 60000 i dont honestly think there will be all that many extra seats, they build a hotel....were not going to stop in it are we no its all aimed at corperate and money men, IMO alot of the extra capacity will be in the form of corperate boxesa and seats at prices with regular joe's either cant afford to pay or wont pay so surely all that will happen is the current seat holders will be moved to another area of the ground most likely with a worse view.  When a hotel is mentioned with any delveopment you have to try and understand who its aimed at......and it certainly aint us.

The problem with that Johnny is that the same people who sit up in level 7 at the moment will want their tickets reduced to match the same price as the £20 Gallowgate level 7 tickets, you also have to take into consideration the cost of the expansion, unless it's being extended for free by the people building the hotels which would be them holding up the deal, not the club.

that is true, but i think having that many extra seats would allow us to reduce ticket prices in other areas too, while still making more money in total. then as pcw1983 says, there'll be plenty of corporate boxes included in any new development, this is where a lot of the money is and to an extent would subsidise other seats. and having an extra ten thousand fans in the stadium on a match day will mean more spent at the club shop, on food and drink and so on.

Surely it makes sense to get it in place now as hopefully with the team progressing we will get to a point where we are in Europe alot, doing well in cups and fighting for the title/top 4 again and at that point the stadium would be ready and we could get close to 60,000. Plus it's free so why not.

the critical word here is "hopefully"

i've been waiting +40 years TT and we've never managed it yet.......................    :undecided: :undecided:

If they go for expansion it will have to be the mega scheme, moving the old terrace somewhere else and stuffing the University's mouths with gold - but that would be around 74,0000

Guest Knightrider

I think we'd fill it if prices and such were sensible. I mean 12,000 people (families and kids) turned up to watch a very very low key open training session under Glenn Roeder, 20,000 to see Owen sign and our cup attendances are very revealing. We almost have two sets of fans, season ticket holders/league game fans and cup/open day type fans. And of course, put out a winning team and people will want to be part of it. Under KK 60K might not have been big enough. We would somehow have to capture that type of vibe around the club. There are enough fans out there.

It would only take one or two decent seasons and we'd fill up 60k no problem.

Considering how much tickets cost, and the level of football produced over the past few seasons, them were doing well to keep over 50k bar one or two times in the league. A successful team, just in terms of winning games would have no problem filling the expansion, a one winning silverware and we'd have to look at even further expansion. But that's a while away if we ever get there, but finally we all feel its a possibility waiting for us just around the corner.

Guest shaun11177

Since Mort is running the club on his own this seems to have been put in the in tray marked medium term objectives. The footballing side and debt clearly taking precedence.

Someone at some time will have to tackle the thorny issue of the East Stand its now 34 years old. At Schalke they have a stand that they use on match days iy is then movable perhaps in engineering terms that will be possible in 10 years time.

Can we hire Sir Norman Foster and rebuild the whole stadium to 75 thousend people. 

Relift the external like the  Nou camp the new one. Surely fantasy but we are fans and we should think like these very positively lets the directors worry about the reality.