Sam Allardyce perfromed badly today

Guest SLK

Very very late substitutions by Allardyce and he got all 3 wrong with the people he replaced too  :rant:

- Butt had a shocking game today compared to his amazing game against WestHam...He was invisible for most of the game and made some shocking passes...We needed creativity in midfield and Emre should have come in the first half after 15 minutes not at the 87th minute...What was Emre going to do for 3 minutes ??? What was that sub about ???

- Geremi was far far more productive than Butt...Why was he replaced instead of Butt ???

- After going down 2-1, why didn't Sam push N'Zogbia to LW to cause more trouble to Man city and create more chances...Why did Sam wait till the 76th minute for Enrique to come on ??? We went down to their 2nd goal so earily in the 2nd half...N'Zogbia at LB is a CRIME

- Taylor was having mare...Why wasn't he replaced so much earlier and put Faye on instead ???

Honestly If I could see these problems, how come Sam can't ???

Well, we had next to nothing on the bench, that was the biggest problem today.

Emre could have come on.

Jose Enrique could have come on to allow Zog to move up the pitch.

Two options that should have been used a good 30 mins earlier, if not from the start.

Emre could have come on.

Jose Enrique could have come on to allow Zog to move up the pitch.

Two options that should have been used a good 30 mins earlier, if not from the start.

Aye, can't argue with you on that mate.

Much like the Derby game, not at all impressed with his decision making in pre match tactics especially.

Important thing after Derby was that we learned something from it... however just seems to have the same midfield out today anyway.

Sorry but that is Bull mate...There was no problem with our attack...The problem was in midfield and a bit in the back...Mainly Butt being in instead of Emre...Geremi coming off when he should have stayed instead of Butt...N'Zogbia at LB instead of LW when Enrique should have been on at the latest from the 2nd half after going down 2-1 so earily in the 2nd half...Not replacing Taylor earlier in the game when he wasn't playing well either...

Enrique was the only real option, Emre doesn't create much, he is always far to to deep. I don't think we would have seen anything different from him had he come on 20 minutes earlier. The other two, Pattison and Faye offer nothing.

Enrique was the only real option, Emre doesn't create much, he is always far to to deep. I don't think we would have seen anything different from him had he come on 20 minutes earlier. The other two, Pattison and Faye offer nothing.

Emre would have created more than Butt today...Anyone would have created more than Butt today...We lost the game because of our midfield today couldn't coupe with Man City's centre midfield...

Taylor should have been replaced much earlier too

Guest Geordiesned

I think we did. Early in the 2nd half Emre and Enrique should have come on for the (yet again) anonymous Smith and the poor Butt. Switch to 4-4-2, push Zoggy to left wing, Emre as attacking midfielder and actually have a go at them.

Unforunately it seems as though Smith, Geremi and Butt are untouchable.

I think we did. Early in the 2nd half Emre and Enrique should have come on for the (yet again) anonymous Smith and the poor Butt. Switch to 4-4-2, push Zoggy to left wing, Emre as attacking midfielder and actually have a go at them.

It's crazy that 99% of this forum can see that yet the man that counts can't.

Guest Harry-Norway

totally agree :idiot2:

Why gange 2 defenders when we 1 goal down,Emre could do it worse the Butt did,so he should been in much earlier.

:idiot2:

Guest Geordiesned

Exactly, no matter what changes were made it would all be pretty hopeless, our whole midfield just isn't working.

Allardyce picked that formation.

Guest Geordiesned

Butt isn't in there to create, he is in there to mop up loose balls and give the ball to players who can create.

Unfortunately we don't have any.

Our entire midfield seems to be in there to mop up loose balls but we have no players there who can create. Zoggy is at left back and Emre was on the bench!

Butt isn't in there to create, he is in there to mop up loose balls and give the ball to players who can create.

Unfortunately we don't have any.

Our entire midfield seems to be in there to mop up loose balls but we have no players there who can create. Zoggy is at left back and Emre was on the bench!

It's funny because it's true :lol: ... :(

Guest Harry-Norway

Toon have a lot of good players,but i think its the way Sam plays them which is the problem and i miss the guts to bleed for the stipes in some of the players,we cant play like this for long,the West H game we won,but we could easy have lost that one too,The Derby game sucks and so didt to days game as well.

Many have said it before,and i am more and more agree,IS Sam the right man for TOON???????????????????????

You still have to convince me Sam

Been the same under the past 3 managers now IIRC.

Guest Knightrider

Aye, lets replace them with that injured duo Emre and Barton...

We have to play those three because that's all we really have.

Aye, lets replace them with that injured duo Emre and Barton...

We have to play those three because that's all we really have.

Or replace them with the fuly fit Enrique and Emre.